You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 6th Sense Or Just Coincidences?

Real Ghost Stories

6th Sense Or Just Coincidences?

 

I've had a few experiences over the years dating back to when I was a child. Never occurred to me, but my friend's mom one day said I might have the 6th sense. Creeped me out. Here are my experiences in a nutshell:

Kindergarten: I saw a female figure in traditional clothing standing at the top of the stairway at our home in the projects. She just stood there and stared at me until I left. I was too young to know anything then.

Elementary: We lived in sidexside duplex with my grandparents. I saw an elderly female sitting on the front steps while looking outside through the window at night. Some reason I use to love staring outside at night. The bedroom window was on top of the front door where she was sitting. I was only able to see the top of her head. I yelled a couple times for the figure to go inside thinking it was my great grandma. My aunt was in the same room as me, I told my aunt my great grandma was outside and it was dark. She only told me to tell her to go inside which I did numerous times. She finally got up and went inside. I ran downstairs to see why she was outside, only to find she was downstairs having dinner the whole time. Second experience at the same house, I saw my brother run upstairs. Followed him only to find both bedrooms were dark and empty and my brother was downstairs.

High school: at my aunt's house, on a sunny day outside gardening. My aunt asked me go get a bag from inside. No one was home but me and my aunt. While watching my own reflection on the screen door walking towards the door, I saw a transparent male figure walk from the hallway, to the door, looked at me than left to the kitchen. It was like the movie "predator" when the aliens go invisible. My aunt and her family has heard noises/footsteps, etc in the same house. They since have moved out.

Most recent: at my parents house, duplex also, waiting outside in my car at night for my sister. I saw her run down the stairs than vanished where it was dark at the foot of the stairs. My sister came out a few minutes after. I asked my husband who was sitting in the passenger side if he saw her, he didn't see anything. It was a solid black figure.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It doesn't happen daily. It just freaks me out! I feel like I'm just waiting tense for the next time I see something again.

Other hauntings by frmSTP

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, frmSTP, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

frmSTP (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-23)
Thanks for the comments guys. I don't believe I've had anything traumatic happened in my life before. Or at least none that I can recall.

I just feel that I am simply just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Or they just want me to see them. So far, no harm has been done. I just see them when they want to be seen.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
No, just because you have a traumatic experience. Doesn't mean your a sensitive. You have to be born with it. But some people can just randomly see spirits. Even if people don't believe in them. That's one of the factors that people can see ghost, of having traumatic experiences.
Julesco2 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
So you become a sensitive when you have tragedy in your life? I have had much tragedy in my life but had no idea my ability to see the dead after they pass and my night terrors are a part of that. Wow helps alot. ❤
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
I can understand your experiences. I have that sort of power as well. Only the only difference is that I sense the history of death from spirit's at times. Anyone can see ghost's or demons, only if they have a tramatic experience in their lives.
Anjoubelle (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
Well I think though you are freaked out by it, none of these entities have harmed you yet. They probably know you can see them but the fact that they have done nothing to harm you guys just shows they want to be seen nothing more. I have also been told that I have some kind of sixth sense, I have seen the deaths of some of my relatives who have passed away a few days later exactly in the same manner I have seen them die in my dreams. I know it feels scary, but count yourself lucky nothing has happened yet.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-03)
Sounds like you are sensitive and not comfortable it. Understandable. Don't know what advice to give but to remember what you are seeing can't hurt you. From what I have read if you stop giving it credence you will eventually stop seeing things. Kind of what you don't use, you lose. Let us know what developes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: