You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Paranormal Experiences Or Coincidences

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Experiences Or Coincidences

 

This would be my first post here. I am a true to heart sceptic and haven't seen enough proof firsthand to conclude the existence of absolute good or bad. With that said, I do try my best to elicit a response from the other world or other plane of energy, or the other dimension. Until today I still haven't got any concrete evidence to support the fact of the existence of any of these. This is going to be a long narrative but hang tight. It isn't very creepy. It just outlines my experiences with paranormal.

I was born and brought up in Bangalore, Karnataka. Being in the IT hub of India and a blooming city, I rarely have encountered ghosts, spirits or demons. This incident happened when I was about 11 years old.

My grandparents don't stay in Bangalore as they have a place in our native village in Tamil Nadu. My dad moved to Bangalore a long time ago and settled with my mom in Bangalore. My grandparents didn't like coming to Bangalore as they often couldn't bare the cold climate and also they missed their friends at their hometown.

My grandfather was a retired headmaster hence since when I was a kid, he used to help me with my studies. I was close to him due to the fact that he always was encouraging and kept my spirits high. I still remember few days when we kids (read as me, my sister and cousins) would make fun of him. But he had a smile that could brighten up anybody's day.

One of the trips when he was in Bangalore, he wanted to go to his hometown all of a sudden. He didn't say why. I remember him discussing with my father about this. My father tried to tell him that he will take my grandparents on Sunday to their hometown. But my grandfather didn't even listen. He said he has to go and that was that. My grandmother decided to stay back for some reason which I don't remember.

So the next day my father dropped my grandfather in the bus terminal and my grandfather went to his hometown alone. This was in 1996 so there were no mobiles and the only mode of communication with my grandparents was to call a shop which was opposite their home in their hometown. We got a call from the same shop just a day later. My grandfather had fallen down and injured his head and some of the people who knew him had taken him home and called a doctor.

As the medical facilities in the village weren't advanced, the doctor thought that he was in shock and didn't do much. It turned out that he had a haemorrhage and passed away the same night. Things that astonish me are 1) he was adamant that he wanted to go to his hometown. It had never happened in the past that he insisted like that. 2) He was alive until my father could make the trip there along with me and my sister. Within half an hour of us reaching there, his condition deteriorated. 3) It is a common practice to feed holy water from Ganges when somebody dies. When it was the end my grandmother was asked to feed the holy water to him. There was no pulse but when she poured the water, tears came out from my grandfather's eyes.

After all the ceremonies were completed, we got back to Bangalore. Things were ok for a few days; I got busy with my school and stuff. Almost 3 days after we got back, I entered the room where my grandfather's bed was there. I don't know why but I wanted to sit in the bed for some time. An overwhelming sadness came over me when I sat on the bed. I even ended up in tears and sobbed for a good half an hour. After that I felt the atmosphere in the room get lighter. I am not sure if it was me or it was a final goodbye from my grandfather.

To start out with the second experience, it was a fun game when I was young for few friends to get together and draw up a Ouija board and try to call spirits using a coin. It never worked and we used to end up laughing and having a lot of fun ridiculing our friends. But one of those days it was different.

This was around when I was 19 years old. I used to skip my tuitions and meet up with friends and enjoy with them. This happened in Bangalore and opposite to my friend's house.

The owners of the house had rented the house before and they had returned. They had two daughters who were very pretty and we used to play together in the same group. All the guys in the group wanted to be in a relationship with the girls. And I had tried my turn as well. But to no avail. We all were still friends and used to enjoy together.

We all planned to do a Ouija board session one day in that house. Only the two girls knew the story when this happened and what the Ouija revealed was really hard to believe.

Jumping right into the experience. There were 7 friends that day, and even the pretty sisters' mother was interested in the Ouija board session. We went to the terrace in their place and started out with the Ouija session. All of us tried one turn and nothing came up and we ended up cracking jokes and laughing a lot.

We were all ready to go but aunty (pretty sisters' mother) asked us to try once more. She asked me and one of her daughters to place fingers on the coin. We did and started it off. This time the environment changed a bit and the others were serious.

After this point, what all I am saying is what my friends recounted to me. We started as usual and we asked the spirit to come. Till this I remember everything. After this I entered some kind of trance. Not that I meditated a long time and all. According to my friends, I had pulled my hair in front of my eyes and closed my eyes. It seems my body was swaying also. And questions were asked and some replies were got. One question asked was what the name of the spirit was. It seems the coin was taken to the letter V and stopped there.

At the end of the session, I was still in the trance state, the girl who placed a finger on the coin let out a low wail and started crying it seems. And she was moving the coin all over the Ouija board we made. My friends got terrified and caught her hand and asked the spirit to go. After some deliberation, she came back to her normal self and I was awoken from the trance-like state.

I told the guy friends later what happened and that I didn't remember any of the questions asked. They didn't believe me. But finally they put two and two together. As I was not in my senses and didn't see any of the following happening, I don't believe it either. But the fact was Aunty had a son before the two daughters. He was dumb and deaf and hence was disappointed with life. He committed suicide in the same house and he jumped off from the same spot we chose to try out the Ouija board. His name was Vivek.

Although my friends told all this, I rubbished this and left for home. But on the way home, I blacked out for 2-3 sec and had to stop. It was like I was getting flashes of a face but I didn't pay any attention and headed home.

I was having dinner and watching TV. This time I blacked out for about 10 seconds. I don't have any medical issues due to which I could have blacked out. I don't want to say it was due to the Ouija session, but all points that way. That was the last time I ever tried anything to do with the Ouija.

Last experience was recent, maybe a few months ago. I moved to Singapore for work and everything was fine. I was talking to a female friend and we usually chatted for an hour or so. She was scared of ghosts, spirits, etc. I was trying to spook her out. It was fun. She told me not to talk about the paranormal and I didn't stop. The conversation went on and I don't know why, but I told her that I challenge any ghost, spirit, etc to slap me right then to prove their existence. But nothing happened right then.

When I was going to sleep that night, I saw that I had got four sets of pimples and usually when somebody slaps you, you get marks on your face. And I saw that the distance between the pimples were exactly two in a set and four such sets. Also, my face was sore. I don't say it is paranormal. It could have been a simple coincidence. I don't get pimples that frequently though and haven't got so many at the same time. I don't know what to make out of this. Maybe it's a sign that something is out there and I cannot see it. Still I stay a sceptic and until I get an experience I cannot deny, I will stay this way.

Thanks for reading through and comments are always welcome.

Other hauntings by the22centuryboi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, the22centuryboi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-31)
Hello The22centuryboi,

Thank you for inviting me to sit with you and have coffee or whisky. I don't drink alcohol or take drugs. I do drink a lot of cappuccino, morning, noon, and night. Lol.

I live in Australia. Your kind invitation is wasted on me. I'm too far away. Plus, I tend to like chatting on YGS instead of face to face with just one person, because here on YGS there are so many members who have given me strength to deal with my experiences and so many ways to rid the stubborn spirit who haunts me.

I'm glad I'm able to see my dad, brother and know they are looking after each other.

Thank you for your reply. I didn't expect to see you here because it's been a while since you posted this experience, but I'm glad you did return to read the comments.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
the22centuryboi (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-31)
Hello Miandra,

Thanks for the comments on this story. It has been a while. I am glad that you were drawn to my experiences.

Sometimes I do miss my grandfather, but that is life. My thought process is they live through the thoughts we have of them.

I do believe the atmosphere in the room was due to my grandfather, it gives me some solace.

On a lighter note, I would like to meet somebody who claims to be an expert on afterlife. We only have people who are experts of what they believe the afterlife is. I would love to listen to these stories some day. I think the stories here don't do enough justice to the situation. I feel enthralled when I listen to stories from somebody as I can see the emotions as well. Maybe you can share your stories with me some day over cup of coffee or a glass of whisky. I would really enjoy that.

Regards,

PJ.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-20)
Hello 22centuryboi,

I know this post is a few years old however, I was drawn to it.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandfather. It's very sad you all weren't there.

The atmosphere in his room when you sat on his bed after he passed away is not a coincidence. I believe it was your grandfather.

I'm not an expert in afterlife by any means. I'm always here on YGS asking for help and advice. Regardless, I have had many situations from an early age and I do believe spirits visit us for various reasons.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
the22centuryboi (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-29)
Hello Jubeele,

Thanks for reading my experience. I thought my story has gone to the archives as I wasn't active for a while.

I have heard people do get the sense of it when their time on earth is going to run out. And about the crying incident, it could have been just me. But it is certainly nice to believe that he did come and said goodbye.

Pulling the hair over my eyes and closing them was how my friends explained my trance-like state. I had long locks then I guess. We have all been through that phase. Maybe it was one of those phases. From what my friends said, they did close the session properly though it took some deliberation from all of them as the girl holding the coin was moving it all over the OB.

I read somewhere that once someone comes out of a trance, it takes time for the body to get used to the state it is in. Something like inertia. Maybe it was just that. I don't think I am quite susceptible to influence or suggestion as I question almost everything out. I remember when I was a kid and my mom was trying teach me English words, I had asked why not kat instead of cat. Just an example of my questioning nature. I haven't used a OB since that session until date, actually come to think of it, it was the last time I went to that house.

I miss those times with friends and these experiences are not just me recollecting the events that happened, if you notice it also talks about some of the things that are nearest to my heart.

I don't usually provoke any entity (read as not that I have met such an entity) but I do try to elicit a reaction from the other side as I have said in the story. Curiosity is just second nature to me.

I really appreciate you reading my story and commenting on it. Thanks a ton.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-22)
Hi PJ

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. It does seem unusual how he had insisted on going back to his hometown. As if he somehow sensed his time had come and wanted to be there. It could be that on some level, you did connect with him for a last time in farewell. But you released your sadness when you cried and "felt the atmosphere in the room get lighter". That is perhaps what was intended for you, to ease your grief.

Your Ouija board experience was disturbing. As the incident was verified by your friends and their mother, it's clear something strange did happen. Pulling hair over your eyes and closing them - was that a reference to poor Vivek? I wonder if they remembered to close the session properly; you seem to have been 'followed' for a while afterwards. Or perhaps quite susceptible to some influence or suggestion? I'm glad you don't have anything further to do with the OB.

I had a wry chuckle when I read about how you tried to spook your friend. I had friends in Singapore who did that to me too. As if I needed any help to be more of a fraidy-cat! 😨 An odd coincidence about the timing and the location of the pimples. But the soreness could have simply been from the skin inflammation. Still, perhaps it's best not to be provoking of such things. My family always told me not to "ask for trouble". Just in case... 😉
the22centuryboi (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-07)
Thanks tweed and brett. I tried my best to recollect and pen down what exactly happened. But it was a few years ago and I tried to picture these events as it happened back then. I appreciate you guys for taking the time to comment. Means a lot.
the22centuryboi (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-07)
Hello All,

Sorry was a bit caught up with life and couldn't reply to comments. To redwolf and randy, thanks for the comments. I agree there maybe a scientific explanation to all the experiences. And I still am a skeptic as these were just odd happenings where I haven't been able to explain the physics behind what happened. Maybe with a better understanding in science, many of the odd happenings around the world can be explained.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-06)
Hi 22

I agree with Randy. It is good to have some skeptiscm with the Paranormal but keep an open mind.

Your experiences may be perfectly natural but the experience that you had after your grandfather died could have been him visiting to say goodbye.

I'm glad you haven't played with the Ouija Board again as it is not a toy. As it is you don't know what happened aside from what you were told.

Regards
Red
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-09-29)
Hello 22 and thank you for sharing

Being skeptical is a very good thing as a great amount of paranormal
Experiences can have a rational explanation. It's the small amount
Left over though that is the real interesting part.

I truly think all of the things you mentioned could have a very normal explanation. As just one example that stands out is your
Grandfather having a tear come from his eye. The human body does all
Sorts of strange things as its shuts down after death. Most of us
Just aren't there to witness it. Just a thought.

As for there being another side I know for a fact there is and won't try and convince you or anyone. That I know is good enough
For me and everyone else is free to reach there own conclusions
As they see fit. But let me give you a thought to ponder

Most times if you ask someone if they think there is life on other planets they will reply "yes". Their reason for believing is always the same. Just the number of stars and planets in the galaxy and universe dictates it. It would seem impossible that
We are the only living things when there are millions and millions
Of other worlds.
The same thought process can apply here.
Throughout the ages there have been millions and millions of people reporting afterlife experiences. Between ghost sightings,
Sounds, etc., Near Death Experiences, etc., the amount is vast.
Millions and millions is a very huge number.
If just 1 of those experiences is in fact true, that alone can
Be used as proof that there is an afterlife.

Just something to consider.

A lot of people I know that are convinced there is an afterlife
Believe so because they have had something in their own life happen that they can't deny. Experience is the best teacher so to speak. Always look for the logical but keep an open mind.
There may come a day when something happens to you that will convince you that we continue on. That personal experience of your own will help you to draw your own conclusion better than anyone
Or anything else ever could.

Thank you again for sharing and have a wonderful day

Randy
brettscharff (11 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-09-28)
Hey there buddy, this story was great. I felt like I could really envision all of the things you said. Also, I was hoping you were going to get with the girls and their mother at some point;) lol. I also find it fascinating that your grandparents feel that Bangalore is cold. Where i'm from, any place in southern India would be warm.

Best wishes!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-09-26)
Hi there 22Century,

Just want to thank you for sharing your experiences because it's great hearing from skeptics and I really loved the way you told this. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: