You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Super Market Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Super Market Ghost?

 

Apologies for the very short story.

Just before Christmas I was getting the last of my bits from my local supermarket. I had literally just walked through the sliding doors and picked up a loaf of bread from off the shelf. I crossed the isle (which is roughly around 3 metres wide) and opened the fridge door to get some milk out. Not far from the fridge and further up the isle was a large open fridge where the cooked meats were kept and the dairy products such as cheese. As I was reaching for the milk I noticed in the corner of my eye an object being thrown across the isle. I turned around to look and noticed a block of cheese has been thrown out of the open fridge and had landed on the floor. The shop was quite busy but yet no one seemed to notice. I closed the fridge door and proceeded up the isle towards the open fridge, the cheese still on the floor...

A worker was stacking shelves ahead and he too seemed to have noticed the cheese on the floor and started making his way over. As we both walked towards one another, the open fridge in-between us, another block of cheese shot straight off the shelf and landed in the middle of the isle. I quickly stopped incase any more decided to follow. The worker began to jog over looking at me in surprise.

'What happened?'

I laughed off.

'Ghosts?'

He replied laughing. He picked the cheese up, as I proceeded up the isle, and carried on stacking shelves.

I've been in the same shop a few more times since and nothing else has ever happened.

I wonder if the place is haunted.

Other hauntings by Hanbobs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hanbobs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
Hahaha! This story made me laugh.
It may or may not be haunted, but it probably was just a passing spirit that got bored and decided to have a little fun 😁
Take care
❀
C
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Oh that is the best story ever. Gosh I haven't heard of a funny real ghost story in forever. Thanks for making my day.
SteggyAU (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
if it was a fridge with a cool room behind it, there might have been an employee in there trying to scare people...
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
It made me laugh, I was expecting to walk past the freezer and see someone sat on the shelf throwing the cheese out at the customers... I'll throw something back next time! πŸ˜†
Hanbobs x
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
I've heard of marketing strategies to get customers to buy the product but that one takes the cake I mean cheese, LOL good story I like the fact that you could laugh about it.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
I have a story that I'll post someday πŸ˜‰ about how our ghosties followed me to work... I work in a grocery store...But, as far as your story goes, yea there could be the spirit of a former employee or regular customer having some fun with you!...Maybe they were trying to tell you that you need more protein in your diet πŸ˜†... This could be really cool... Please keep us posted...
brenttan (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
The place may not be haunted. Just imagine an earth bound human spirit boredly wandering through the country and deciding to have some fun for attention - Like "hey, you can't see me, how about this?"
dragonwalker (5 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
They just can't keep the cheese on the shelf!
LOL. Keep going back. This sounds like the ghost might just be trying to get a laugh or something! Great story! Will be checking for more of the cheese launching ghost!
Pete16 (2 stories) (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
sounds pretty explainable, but you never know... I know a health-inspector who has had a knife land in front of him while inspecting the kitchen of a chain restaurant. I guess any place can be haunted, huh?
Hayle (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
maybe and maybe not... I wouldn't really know how to answer that sorry... 😒since it only happened once. Sorry and keep us posted

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: