You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Deeside Incident

Real Ghost Stories

The Deeside Incident

 

2nd October 2011

I first found out over Facebook that a local lad who I knew of had died that very day. He and his friends had left to go to Wales where they had taken their motorbikes to go off roading on a track known as Deeside. The young lad was pronounced dead at the hospital.

The track is around an hours drive from the estate he and I live.

It seems to become more often I hear of people of a younger age dying. The same weekend another lad from the area was run over by a train and killed. Life can be so cruel.

However it's not very often it's someone you know of who was killed in an accident. It tends to be articles you read in the paper or reports you hear on the news. The death of this boy shocked the local community. A memorial book was placed in the local shops for people to sign, chinese lanterns were let off with his name written on and messages of those people that released them into the sky in his memory. Those people that didn't know the lad knew of him or knew members of his family... Who were of course distraught. My closest friend had grown up with his mum so I drove her round to their house so she could post a sympathy card through the door for the family.

I and my friend (shocked like many others) have spoken of his death a few times in the short space he has been dead for. My friend says it's all she has thought about. 17 year olds aren't really supposed to die are they?

It seems that no matter what I do the death of this young lad is constantly in the back of my mind and it was only the other day that I saw a silvery mist floating across the living room and immediately thought of him.

The next day I was looking up his name on Google so I could read the full article of what had happened and it was then that I remembered my dream. It was so clear.

I was stood in a muddy field on my own, it was drizzling slightly. I knew this place although I had never been before. I took a few steps forward and there he was. The young lad that had died a few days previous just lay there on his own. He looked dazed and confused. I ran over to him and knelt down next to his head, lifting it up and placing it on my knees. He looked up at me and I asked if he was ok, he told me that he was scared and felt "alone and lost" and that he needed to get home. I held his hand and told him everything was ok and then the dream faded out.

As I remembered this dream my eyes began to water and I went over and over it again in my head. It was as though his 'spirit' had been left in the field where he died and he had no idea where he was (being far away from home).

I just wish I could remember the rest of my dream. I go to sleep each night hoping that he enters my dream again so I can guide him back home. Unless he found a way already.

The same day I remembered my dream I saw the same silvery mist floating behind me in the mirror and not long after I heard tapping on the living room window as though someone was trying to get in. Sounds silly but I opened the front door (the young lad on my mind) to let him in if perhaps it was him.

Nothing has happened since. His funeral is/was on the 13th October.

I'll be thinking of him and his family.

Rest In Peace x

Other hauntings by Hanbobs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hanbobs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
For the past 7 weeks I have been attending a Spiritualist Church. One of the Mediums came to me one of those weeks and mentioned 'A young male who had gone to spirit and passed too early.' I immediately thought of the young lad and accepted what she was saying. She just mentioned that he was around me which was nice.
A few nights later I had a dream that I was confronted by the young lad. No words were spoken but he hugged me and vanished.
😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
It is sad when young people die. But death is not the end by an means. The reason we are born unto this physical plane is to learn, grow, and experience. Before we are born we decide what these goals will be. Anyway I don't want to go into the whole process because it's quite long. So basically once we learn what we are here to learn we die. Sometimes our death is a lesson for not only us but the people we are around. I try not to think of death as a sad event. The person may be gone in the physcial form but they are still very much alive in their energetic form. They don't want us to mourn there loss. They love us and we have to let them go. I feel that sometimes people stick around because other people are sad for them. There are other reasons too but I won't get into that.

I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. It is tragic when we lose people and we don't understand why. Just know there is a reason why. There are plans for everyone. Even the evil in our world has to exist because it is the counterbalance for the good.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
Thank you for your comments.
The weekend that arrived after his funeral a friend and I traveled to the place he was layed to rest. I just felt as though I had to go.
We turned up to the cemetary on the Saturday just gone but the gates were locked, I have no idea why as it was around 1pm. Still eager to go we found a low fence and climbed over. It was of course completely quiet due to no one being in there at all and even though the place is quite big we literally found the grave straight away.
Upon entering my friend and I were confronted by a Crow/Blackbird that was perched on a grave near by. It took one look at us and flew away in the opposite direction into a nearby tree.
The boys grave was a mass of flowers and lit candles. There was no head stone there but at the foot of his grave was his name written in flowers. We stayed for a little while. I felt no confusion for him and walked away happy, knowing that he was at rest.

I was also suprised to see the grave next to his belonged to a young boy that I used to look after when I worked at afterschool clubs. He died from cancer at the age of 12 last month.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
Hanbobs thank you for sharing another great account, it is very sad that these things occur, and life is not fair when it comes to tragedies like this. 😢

I have a feeling that you did receive a sign from him regarding his spirit and the confusion which he was in. I do believe he has moved on hopefully, and as the previous posters and Devious have already mentioned some type of ceremony for him at the scene would be a fantastic idea. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
What a sad srory!

I hope that he finds peace, and his family the strenght to move past this. Please do not impress up on yourself that you are responsible to make sure he finds his path. DAngel has a great suggestion, you can do what is in your power to help him / his family.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
Hanbobs, it really hits hard when someone loses their life so young. It's so unfair, and really makes you stop and think about how we are spending our time here. I feel so bad thinking that his spirit might be lost and all alone, and I think he senses that you can help him. I like Devious's idea of going back to the place where he passed and see if you can help him cross over. You can also light a candle for him, and say a prayer that his spirit finds it's way. Good luck and I'm so sorry for your loss.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
I have to agree with Devious Angel. If the lad was religious, I'd recommend that you get his pastor or somesuch to say a few words for him at the place of his death.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
I don't know, it could be just that he's been on your mind and that's why you're dreaming about him (i.e. It's just your subconscious). However, I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's really up to you what you choose to believe and what meaning you choose to ascribe to the experience. Go with your gut.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
That is a very sad story. Life is so precious and can be cut short without a moment's notice. I think that is why we should appreciate it while we have it. I think that you were very sensitive toward this boy's lost spirit, so perhaps he found you and sought your help. Have you considered going back to the place where he died and just relaxing and opening your mind to 'feel' if his spirit is still lost there? You might be able to help him cross over if that is the case.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: