You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: What Did My Child See?

Real Ghost Stories

What Did My Child See?

 

First I am pretty neutral when it comes to the paranormal. Before I moved to my house that I am in now I had these odd feelings of someone/something watching me and it made the hair on my neck stand. But that was when I was a teen so maybe 10 years ago and nothing sense.

Today maybe two hours ago my son who turned two today and I were just sitting at home by ourselves. The TVs were off there was no laundry in. The house pretty much quiet. I was in my room looking into the living room and my son in the living room facing the dining room and out of nowhere my son started screaming. My first thought was he was hurt, but he was sitting staring in the kitchen pointing. I picked him up and walked to the dining room as he clutched on to me so tight I think he was holding me, and he would just lay his head down. I went back to my room still holding him and he would only peek his head around the corner and run back to me. This is not like him he is the type of kid that is not afraid of anything. He jumps from the back off the couch and off tables. Just really has no fear.

I don't know what to make of this. My husband says maybe it was a mouse but neither of us thinks that my son would be TERRIFIED of a mouse. I did get that odd feeling of being watched for a few minutes and it went away. After that my son went right to sleep. But what's weird before the sighting he had just got up from the night, and he is already taking a nap.

Does anyone know what this could have been or has anyone had the same experience before with a child?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kandz0405, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ScaredToDeath0 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-03)
well there are big chances that babies or kids still have their sixth sense and loses them when they are 5. So its a BIT probability that your son has actually seen it.
ambermarie (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
iv been seeing stuff since I was a little kid... I use to see stuff all the time and now its just every great once in awhile...
It scares the crap outta me because I'm going to be having a baby girl here in 2 and a half months and I don't want her to have to deal with that
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Hey Kandz

Here is a suggestion seeing your son can't speak well yet. Give him a pen and paper and ask him to try and draw what he saw.
Then you can take it from there.
Intensedreamer (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
In my family, on my mom's side, her grandmother was a well known psychic, as my grandfather had the gift, my mom and one of my Aunt's, me and my sister, and unfortunately my oldest son for sure. We lived in this apartment when my son was around 3 and I started noticing weird sighing sounds in the living room when no one was around. My husband heard them too and would complain of the feeling of being watched. I would see a Shadow lurking outside my window on the 3rd floor, this all started happening suddenly. My eledest son, the 3 year old, and I would lay together in bed to go to sleep. One night I was laying with him and all he did was cry and point to a corner in our room. When he finally fell asleep he was cuddled into me but his head was above the blankets and hands curled into my chest. I left and came back to check on him about an hour later and he had pulled the blankets over his head and when I pulled them off his hands where held so tightly over his eyes I had to pry them down. He's 8 now and he cries often to me about seeing stuff in the night. I know he's not lying or dreaming because of how vividly he describes what he sees. The worst part is I can feel if a presence is there and I don't say anything and every time I feel it my son does too.

You might have to wait until your little one is older so he can tell you what he sees and you have to encourage strength. I learned that even if you tell them there is nothing their doesn't make it true. I wish you luck as I have found a lot of strength in prayer and have taught my son how to protect himself threw prayer. We both sleep better at night now.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
Yeah I agree with the other comments about children having a 6th sense, I can still remember the first time I saw a spirit, I was only 3 years old and it gave me a fright. Keep in mind though that it may be nothing and some other reason that made him scared, Perhaps a new house? Or just perhaps he was a little over tired as he took a nap just after this, or maybe it was a mouse. Just keep a eye on things and definitely don't talk it up and please write again if there are any future development,
Take care
Aussiedaz
SunStar (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
very strange. I think he might of seen a ghost. I don't know what else he would have seen. 😕
Kandz0405 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
Thank you for all your comments.

My baby slept for about THREE hours and when he woke he remembered. He wld go completly out of his way and go around the dining room. But if I walked with him he was ok. Then we were sitting on the couch and he was on my lap and he wld suddenly look over and raise his eyebrows and point (he doesn't talk very much) and his little eyes would be bouncing back and forth (as if he was wating something) but I didn't see anything. Then he would go back to watching tv and then suddenly look over there and stare. I couldn't help but think someone was calling his name. I got chills from that. So I thought what if I took a picture. I snapped one with my phone and I got one with my son in it and behind him in the dining room there is a little blue streek. I couldn't see it just looking. And I do not believe my son would scream unless its really scary. He likes to wear the scary, ugly masks at halloween and walk around scaring people. So it must have been really bad.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
yes, strange that a two year old would scream. My youngest is turning 3 this weekend, and he is just learning what ghosts are. Took him to see Disney's Scrooge over the Holidays, and while his 4 year old brother was scared during Jacob Marleys appearence, enough so that he wanted to leave the theatre, two year old was not bothered, and actually enjoyed the whole scene. I don't see him screaming should he happen on a ghosts in our home.
Maybe your son saw something entirely different. Did you even bother to get any info out of him before he took his nap, as to what scared him so much? I know it's still tough to communicate with him at his young age, but he might be able to give you some idea of what might have scared him
Please respond and keep us posted, I'm awful curious what went down, as I often wonder what my reaction would be should one of my boys happen upon some type of entity.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
yeah I believe we all have this 6th sense when we are very little and we just subconsciously block it out.

Just leave it alone and if it happens again look where he's looking and see (kind of goofy sounding) but try seeing with more then your eyes (lol told you) and if you do manage to see it you'll know if you should worry or not

Some people judge different

Ghost- bad
Ghost-good
Evilghost-evil
Evilghost-omen
So judge for yourself

Oh and later in life if he forgot it DON'T try to remind him my mom made that mistake

Anyways good luck
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
Alot of people are born with a kind of 6th sense... Which usually begins to fade the older they get. For some it will stay with them but maybe not as clear as it was when they were younger... Say 2 years old.
You see it in babies a lot of the time, their eyes seem to wonder asthough they are watching someone walking by, or they laugh and talk to thin air.
I think they are more prone to seeing things because we are so much more vunerable when we are younger and don't really understand much. Who knows, maybe we all just block these sightings out and only see what we want to see the older we get.

It seems strange that your son took a nap shortly after his ordeal. Is this unusual of him that he should go to sleep not long after awakening in the morning? Maybe what ever he saw, (that's if he did, I don't want to scare you or lead you into thinking that there IS a ghost/entity present), drained him of his energy?
If he did see something why would he scream? Surely if it was just a full bodied figure or apperation it wouldn't of scared a 2 year old... It must of looked scary at least. Has he forgotten his ordeal? I hope so... It's not nice for things to come back into your nightmares!
Take care
Hanbobs x

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: