You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Or What

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Or What

 

This is a true story which happened to me around 10 years ago that's around 1999. I had newly shifted to this place called Mira Road which is just outside Mumbai limits. I had shifted just six months back so I was fairly new to this place.

I was around 16 years old at that time and the people residing their were newly married or with kids as small as 2 or 3 years old, naturally I didn't gel with anyone there because no one was of my age.

Slowly I started having this habit of sleeping and was turning out to be a lazy kid. I would sleep and then feel like I wanted to wake up but could not as if something was holding me from waking which scared me to no end. Afterwards I knew about this as sleep paralysis.

But one day as I was sleeping I just woke up went for a pee then came back had a glass of water and then I heard some voices from outside. Curiosity got the better of me and I looked outside. I saw my neighbor ladies talking about something.

Suddenly I woke up from my sleep went for a pee, came back for a glass of water then heard some voices and saw my neighbor ladies talking about something, then at once it struck me that these things exactly happened the same way I saw it in my dreams. I could not understand how could I see something in my dream which was about to happen. I am still baffled about it. It never happened to me.

If anyone has any answers please let me know

Other hauntings by wickedsunny2009

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wickedsunny2009, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-10)
This one looks like astral travel or out of body experience. Prenomination can happen after sometime or days. This sounds more of astral travel as its not of any important. Actually you wanted to drink water but instead of you getting out your astral body got out and drank the water (only difference is this time you remembered you were astral travelling as out of body stuff happen everyday when one goes to sleep) when you came back to the bed your astral body and physical body became one so there might be some small jerk or something. Then you might have got up and drank water and saw the ladies talking which were same as your dream as it just happened within seconds or minutes.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
Wow...i think many of us have these kind of experiences some time or the other.

Thanks for the story...

Regards
ram (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
hey dude, its called deja vu as some one said before its actually sometimes good but its more of bad as who would want to know the ugly side of future so don't keep thinking about it just makes you more sick that's it. Hey by the way these are visions just wondering are you having this visions frequently. Because these things happen to me more often but I won't get any negative out of it. My latest one was that I found a road to be blocked in a vision and it was true. On 24-6-2011
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
Wow, in granny's defense, I don't understand how her comment was obnoxious. I read her post she is referring to & it was interesting. Plus I found your story wickedsunny hard to understand, but I think it's because of the way it was translated. Things like that happen to me often, but I am prophetic though. Thanx for sharing.

~~LSD~~
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
Nothing strange about it, merely pointing out the statement is false. A myth if you like.
Rainman (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-15)
IntriguedSceptic-What is true, "I find your post a wee bit strange" its not productive.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-14)
Wickedsunny: I really wasn't trying to be "obnoxious"!...It was a real experience... Sorry if it didn't tickle your funny bone... I thought it was an amusing experience, and I got a kick out it... Lighten up...
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
yeah nyarlathotepsama once I was asleep & I dreamed about a place where everything was uprooted the buildings were broken people dead everywhere & I was walking by it wondering where was I & what was I doing here because the place seemed so unfamiliar. When I woke up my mother told me that there was an earthquake in our country & when I saw the television I could see the familiar razed down buildings & people dead & I just though geez! That's what I saw in my dreams but never told anyone as I thought people would make fun of me. This forum is the right place where people like us can relate their experience
nyarlathotepsama (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Deja'vu can be terribly creepy, I experience it from time to time myself. It does sound like you have a Sleep Paralysis event when you felt you were held asleep.

I'm a bit of a skeptic but I'd like to say that I've come to believe in seeing the future in your dreams as it has happened to me a few times in my life. But my logical mind make excuses. Has it ever happened to you again?
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
thanks for the comments guys though I found zzsgranny comments to be a bit "obnoxious" but it's fine with me. Yeah I do have the ability to see things before but as I have grown older the power seems to have diminished & it's true that we use only 4 to 7% of our brains because we are so pre-occupied with our needs that we hardly work on our powers though I have read "Yoga" does open the gates to our sixth sense... Anyways would love to see more comments and people who have experienced such things.
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
You should submit this story to the psychic-experiences.com section of this site. This seems to be more a premonition than a ghostly encounter (although a ghost/entity could be part of this)

I have had several dreams of the future and like many, they are often subtle images or events that are later recalled once they actually happen.

I am wondering if a presence is responsible for invoking these 'gifts' or assisting with them.

Many people suggest to keep a dream journal (in case you still have these abilities) so you can document and track any real precognition.

In defense of aussiedaz, I know that the understanding is that we only use a small section of our brain. But studies have shown that neuron activity is active right across the brain in all sections for various tasks, however I agree with the metaphoric 4% concept that humans don't truely utilize most of their potential ability which makes his statement crudely and partially true. Who can really say in terms of percentage what we can and can't do?

Kiwi
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
aussiedaz
"we only use 4 percent of our brains"

This is false.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Oh my God! I've done that before!...Only the first time I got up, everything was kind of like I was in a slanty-shack, if you know what those are... And there was a string quartet standing in my bathtub, playing chamber music 😆 😆...Then I woke up and went to the bathroom, seriously expecting to see them there!...It was a trip 😆
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
could be a harmless premonition or it may also be a out of body experience, everything that is going to happen tomorrow will happen, we only use 4 percent of our brain when were conscious when were subconscious (asleep) I suspect we tap into the other 96 percent, that gives us the ability to sometimes see ahead,
Daz
kash2 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
you got me on that one budddy I also had couple of those dreams I just could not explain at all if you find out anything more about it please let me know

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: