When I was a pre-teen, I was a girl scout. As all Girl Scout troops do, we attended a weekend outing at a place called "Camp Wheelgate," in WV. Camp Wheelgate was not technically a camp, as it did not have tents, or cabins. It consisted of three "Victorian Style" farmhouses. Our group was staying in the largest of the three. For the first night, our group stayed in a downstairs room because our leaders had not been able to get a fire started in the upstairs fireplace. On our second day there, we took a walk to a small church in the area. It was a very old church, with a graveyard. As teens and pre-teens often do, some of the group was less than respectful of the church and graveyard. I recall that some of us rang the bell in the old church, and some of the group "played" on the graves, and at the altar area of the church.
That night, the leaders were able to get a fire started in the upstairs fireplace. We moved our belongings upstairs, and settled in to play games and have a fun night. A couple of the scouts said that they had experienced a "white mist" on the stairway and felt as though they were having a lot of difficulty walking up the stairs. Others, myself included, were certain that they had seen a face, looking out of an upstairs window, when they had been outside. Fairly early in the evening, I became suddenly overcome with a headache and nausea, which had never happed before. I decided to lie down to see if it would subside. Shortly afterward, we were all stunned by the loudest "BANG" sound we had ever heard. The scout leaders looked all over the house, trying to locate the source of the sound. The only thing that was found during the leaders' search of the house was that ten heavy, iron cots, which had been in another room, were missing! The cots had been in the room as we settled in for the night and were so heavy that it would take 2-3 adults to move each one. There were two doors to the room. One exited into the hallway and the other had been added to an external wall so that a fire escape could be built. The cots were nowhere to be found. Understandably, our troop leaders decided to remove us from the premises for the remainder of the night.
As far as my memory serves me, this was my first experience with the paranormal. It was not my last.