You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unknown Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Unknown Haunting

 

I'll straight up say that I've never really been face to face with my ghosts, but I have heard and seen them and felt their presences. My house is about a generation old, I'm not to sure, but from the information I've gathered from the home-made Ouija board me and my friends made, I think a girl was murdered in this house a few years after it was built. She said her parents had had the house built in the late 1800s. I haven't really asked her, but I figured that the other ghost had killed her when he and she were alive. I also figured that he was hung for murdering her.

Now that I've given the brief description of my house's ghosts history, I can now tell you about my experiences with them. The first encounter was when I was walking by my loft's staircase. I've always felt a strange presence when I walk by the stairs, and one time when I was walking past the stairs, I looked up in reflex, like when you look at someone who walks into a room. To my surprise, at the top of the stairs was the figure of a person, no a person entirely, but a flowing outline that drifted in the corner of my vision, like when you stair at a bright light too long and I you see a the shape of the light stuck in your vision. From that time on, I knew my house was haunted.

The second encounter I had was almost a year later, of course between that time I had heard strange noises, like footsteps, in the basement, but other than that, there was really nothing significant. It was right about this time I started using the ouija board in my friends house, despite the warnings my friend and I were given by another friend. I was laying in my bed and slowly drifting asleep, slowly... slowly. I was almost completely asleep when suddenly I heard a shrill scream, coming from inside my ear! I knew no one else heard it, because of the stillness in the house. At the time, I was too tired to really consider it and went to sleep, when I woke up the next morning I realized what had happened. The voice was a girl's voice and it confused the heck out of me (I hadn't yet used the ouija board in my house yet).

Then, the very next night, I was actually asleep. I have no clue what I was dreaming of, or what time I woke up at, or even why I woke up. But for some reason I woke up and found this person, not a figure or a haze, a person floating across my bedroom. It was only for a split second, but that was long enough to take in a few details. It was a girl, I'm sure of it. She had light hair, maybe blonde, that reached down to her waist. She was facing away from me and seemed to be heading toward the door, maybe leaving. I didn't see any feet, but I saw the bottom of the dress she wore seemed to fade away. The sight was so amazing, I wasn't scared at all, I was more excited then really freaked out, even though I was. It took me forever to fall asleep after that, but eventually I did.

Finally, my last encounter with the ghost girl was last week when I was sick. I was sitting in the bathroom on the toilet. My mom was at work, the same with my step-dad. My sister was at school. After a while I heard the fridge turn on, but that wasn't it. I also heard the faint, yet high pitch, humming noises of a muffled voice. It was singing a tune I had never heard before, but it was so familiar. I was coming from my basement, my sister's room. I figured it was the girl from the other night and the screamer.

Then later that day, while I was sitting on the couch watching a movie, I heard a loud boom. Jumping a turned around to see what had happened, I thought it was the cat's knocking something off the table or something (not the cleanest house in the universe) so I went to go investigate. After taking a few steps I heard another boom. It was coming from the basement. It was so freaked out I was too afraid to go and investigate, so I just went back to the couch and sunk into my seat, hoping what ever it was wouldn't notice me. I knew it was any of the cats because one was sleeping on my lap, the other was sleeping on the other couch and the last was outside.

So that is all I have of my house's haunting. Sometimes I wish it were more, and something I wish it weren't at all, but still it's there and there's not use trying to deny it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DeRosa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

XxL4L0xX (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
Whenever I would see things. They were never in detail and in most of these stories people say that they saw that she/he had blonde or black hair. Only in my dreams can I see detail, but I have to see a spirit that I can tell what color their hair is. But anyways yea things like that have happened to me. I hate it when I hear noises like that. And I live with a religious family and no one except for my best friend believes me. But its hella creepy though haha 😆
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
the first thing I would say that never play with the Ouija board it can be very scary because a lot of times things are not what it appears so beware of such things
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Just am getting around to reading your story. Are you still having paranormal activity? I am a ghost hunter and I do a lot of research on how to help. If you would like someone to speak with about your ghost, contact me. You can find my e-mail through this site ~ just click on my user name. Take care!
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-01)
i played with ouija board when I was a child you have to be very careful with them. You can bring back thing you don't want. You welcome them in your home when you open the gate up for them. I would not play with them. I can tell you a lot about them.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-30)
The first thing I must say is, Don't play with a ouija board! They only tell you what you want to hear and lies, lies, lies. Plus once the gates or portals are open you will have a very hard time closing them. Okay now that I have the broken record bit out of the way. Since you haven't described being harmed by these spirits or entities, other than a little lose of sleep I don't think you really have anything to worry about. I wouldn't play with that homemade ouija board again, because you may actually release something you don't want into your home or your friends.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: