You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Midnight Snacks With A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Midnight Snacks With A Ghost

 

So late at night, I'm always hungry and go to the kitchen to get a midnight snack. Several strange things have happened to me at night while I've been in the kitchen, and I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

I'm a senior in high school right now and the first time something, what I believe to be paranormal, happened in my house was in early December of my 8th grade year.

It was after 11 and I was getting a late night snack from the kitchen. I grabbed a plate out of the cabinet but I hadn't shut it yet. (Our cabinets are super hard to close. You have to shut them with some force or otherwise the latch won't catch it and they bounce back open again.) I distinctly remember thinking I'd just close it on my way out. So then I turned to face the other way to get my food and immediately the cabinet door slammed shut. I quickly turned around and it was, indeed, closed. I was a little scared, but more shocked than anything. So I got my plate, and got out of there. Fast forward to earlier this year.

Again I'm in the kitchen and it's past midnight. I was sitting there quietly, enjoying my ice cream. All of a sudden I heard a noise coming from the little room right next to my kitchen. My initial reaction was it was a roach or some bug that I was going to have to kill, so I was freaking out mostly because of that. However, after a few seconds I calmed down to really listen to what the sound might be. (Picture the noise that fabric, from a couch or bed, makes when someone sits on it. The noise it makes as it scrunches under someone's weight.) That is EXACTLY what it sounded like! It was as if someone was sitting down on the couch in there and moving around a lot to try and find a comfortable position. The second time it happened, I stayed put, even though I really wanted to leave, so I could be absolutely positive of what I was hearing and that it wasn't something explainable or my imagination. The THIRD time it happened, I was out of there...fast.

In my house, we have a few motion detectors (I have no idea why). When it detects any kind of motion, a red light comes on and it makes an audible clicking noise, stays on for about 5 seconds, and clicks off. There's one in our dining room, which is another room right next to the kitchen, which we never use. It's more of a storage area and has a ton of papers and old family pictures spread out EVERYWHERE.

A couple of weeks ago, around 1am-1:30am I was sitting at the table eating. All of a sudden, I heard the click of the motion detector. I completely froze in my seat. Although I'm 100% positive about what room it came from, in my mind I was trying to justify if it came from the hallway or something. Then I heard papers being moved around which COMPLETELY scared the crap out of me. In what has got to be the fastest I've ever cleaned up any mess, I put away all my food in record time and bolted all the way across the house to my room.

Of course I'm scared of these noises, but the thing that frightens me the most is turning around and seeing the thing that's making the noise. I think seeing something would be completely worse than hearing it. After the last incident, I'm too afraid to go to the kitchen at night, a HUGE sacrifice for me to make ha-ha.

I don't know what to make of these strange sounds because it's not like they're every night, only once in a while. And my house does make a lot of weird popping noises that I'm pretty sure is just the house, so I know the difference between these sounds, and the house itself.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anonymous101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
Maybe it just wants you to make it a P&J sandwhich too!... Lol jk. Well on a serious note I can understand why you wouldn't like to form any sort of communication with it,Sometimes... That isn't such a good a idea. But then again you'll have to endure the harships of no midnight snack =[ which sucks, the best advice I could give you is try not to fear it, I don't think it might be negative because if it was It would have made itself known in more prominent ways to scare you. Even thought the incident with the cabinet would have sent me running faster then a speeding bullet, Reminds me of what happened to me today before coming to work "shivers". Well good luck to you hopefuly you can shed some light into it, God bless ❤
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
motion detectors will pick up paranormal activity but I don't think there's any need to worry as this ghost hasent caused you any harm but you should communaicate with it if it gets too noisy and tell it to be more quiet and not to scare you let it know that you own the house and if its going to stay it has to respect that...
ghostsrweird55 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-19)
SPOOKY! I wouldn't want to live there even though I live in a house haunted enough by one ghost so yeah I would be pretty scared
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Sound like it like your company to spend time with you and help you close the door.
I know it jumpy it make me jumpy too if close it or whatever make it noise. You know ghosts be alone is getting lonley in the other worlds beside human worlds.
anonymous101 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
I've thought about talking to it, but then if something really is there, I don't want it to get the idea I'm interested in communicating with it and do even more things. Also, so far it's only been that part of the house. My house is like a rectangle. One half is the kitchen, living and dining rooms. The other is bedrooms and nothing has happened there so far, and I don't want to risk doing anything to change that. Plus, I'm terrified I'll actually see something. I've never felt harmed, just scared, naturally.

I don't know what it could be. My grandparents bought the house brand new as they were building up our neighborhood. It's only about 45 years old. After my dad got married to my mom, he bought the house from my grandparents so it's not like this has something to do with a previous owner since only my family has ever lived here.

And these motion detectors are VERY sensitive. When I was younger I would try to get past them without them going off, which was impossible. No matter how fast or slow I went by, not even how low to the ground I was, it always detected me. This makes me think that whatever made the noise from my dining room was solid 😢
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Just a quick note about the motion detectors ADT and other home security systems use them. It was probably left from a previous owner. Even if they aren't being monitored any more as long as they are hooked up they will do that clicking thing.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
weezer, we have motion detectors in my house too. They're part of the security system. 😊
_weezer_123 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Wow! You are a great storyteller! I don't mean this to mock you or anything, but our way of writing is soooooo very similar! I mean, like, I use to get all A's in English in High School and College. I'm sure you are extremely bright and are a great student as well.:)

Ok, this is a spooky story. I would be freaked out too! I wouldn't know what to make of it either. Yes, it's indeed weird there would be motion detectors in your house- I've never heard of that before except in movies. It would be interesting to find out though, if there are ghosts in my house as sometimes my son senses them, when no one else does. I think you should try to say something to whatever is there at the time. Maybe it will respond back with a voice and not just noise. Maybe if you have a friend over, you can both go out and "have a snack" and see if the 'presence' returns with company and if so, compare what you both felt, saw and/or heard. Plus, you wouldn't feel so alone with it either. I hope this is useful to you. 😉
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Thank you for sharing your story! I got chills when you talked about the cabinet door slamming shut. That would freak me out too!

I think your best bet is to talk out loud to any entities that might be there and tell them to please stop trying to scare you. Tell them that you don't mind them being there but you don't want to hear them or see them. I hope this helps!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: