You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Midnight Visitor (s)

Real Ghost Stories

Midnight Visitor (s)

 

For years now I have felt an unsettling feeling before going to sleep. I have had many encounters with apparitions, but this time was completely different than the other nights had been.

I had just driven my roommate to work and felt a familiar/slightly ominous presence with me all the way home. When I finally arrived home I still couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched. I locked all of the doors and windows, went into my room and locked the door. I kept hearing noises under my bed. Mind you I am 24. I have no irrational fear of monsters under my bed and I have a cat so I figured it was just my cat moving around under there.

I eventually stood up after the noises got louder and started scoping out the small room. There was nothing, but to my surprise my cat was not under the bed. She had been laying near my closet sleeping the whole time. I was frightened, but having no other choice I dismissed the noises as I usually do and went to sleep.

I awoke in the morning from a deep sleep, which is rare for me. I usually wake up a few times during the night. My legs were very sore as if I had been running from something or someone. I tried to recollect what had happened that night, but nothing came to mind.

Later on that day, still extremely sore from the night before I began having strange memories of that night. I remember a slightly white monstrous creature standing over me. Watching me. I still can't remember exactly what happened, but I do remember struggling and not being able to breathe. I believe I was being strangled, but I can't be sure as it is extremely hard for me to remember much about this night.

I cannot dismiss this experience as sleep apnea being as I have had this condition since I was a child and I've never had an experience as real as this one. Does anyone know what happened to me or have had any similar experiences? I just need some piece of mind. I will keep you all updated if anything happens in the future. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ModernBaseball420, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

skeptic_1960 (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-02)
Just want to thank you for sharing your experience. I have had similar feelings and experiences and generally write them off. Since feelings are not facts and dreams often seem realistic. That does not explain sore muscles. I try to keep an open mind for ordinary explanations in situations like this. Thanks again. Wish you the best of luck figuring out your experience.
Skeptic_1960
permramaan (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-01)
Sorry to say this but the noises you heard, might be your fear but when you mean you saw a white figure and you were like strangled, I can understand that you were experiencing sleep paralysis. Even once I had the same feeling but as I know about it, I was able to over come. Check the below link for more details about it.

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
TheCavalry (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
I had a similar experience kind of... See this link: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22633

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: