You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voices That Wake Me Up

Real Ghost Stories

Voices That Wake Me Up

 

Last night, I woke up to a loud hissing noise that came from the foot of my bed. I don't own any cats and it didn't really sound catlike. I was terrified so I turned on the light but nothing was there. A few seconds later I heard my name being whispered and heard something brush against the wall beside me. I admit that I have trouble sleeping. I am so terrified of the paranormal that I can't stand being alone in the dark so I sleep with the TV on mute.

I've had an experience in the past with a ghost and I really don't want to face another one. I'm afraid that this isn't the first time a noise like this has woken me up. I've heard loud bangs that interrupt my sleep, but no one is there when I turn the light on. Sometimes I feel a presence and other times I cannot. I really think I may be losing my mind. I also wake up around 3 or 4 every single night. Even if I take 2-3 Advil/Tylenol PMs, I still wake up around that time. I think this may be due to the fact that I ever since I saw the movie "Emily Rose", I have been terrified to wake up at 3. So naturally, my mind wakes me up at 3. Are these noises just a product of my paranoia? Someone please tell me I'm not being haunted. Lack of sleep has left me exhausted throughout the day and only adds to the stress that I face in my day to day life.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, phillipsc3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Scarygirlfreak (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
well all I know that they are trying to terryfy you until you do something... Try to do something that might kill them like... Well I don't knw... But try to pray to god read the bible or something
Icon (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
This is a classic case of pseudo science whereby the person self are the cause of him/her hearing things and waking up. The human brain can be pre-programmed to wake up at a certain time, believe a certain thing. The solution is the same - you can convince yourself it's all in your mind and refuse to be intimidated anymore and the "voices" would go away. Postive thoughts can do wonders for a person. It's the start of an energy flow that can change even the reality you live in. It is also a way to eradicate the negative fear energy which strengthen spiritual beings. If you feel you need additional help I would recommend sleeping with the Bible open at your favourite verse next to you bed. Keep your light on if you want to but switch your tv off. Spirits feed on electrical currents as well.
lovedaniel (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
I would say prayers of protection... And focus on the good and light of this world... The darkness hates love, peace and general goodness... Good luck and god bless you dear... 😊
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Dear Phillips,

Humans are made up of 3 parts. We are body,soul, and spirit. If I were you I would go to the doctor to make sure that my body and mind are in good health. If they are in good health then I would look into the spiritual aspect of things. Here is my Christian advise.

1.Pray to God for help. Don't pray to Michael the archangel. Jude 9 and Hebrews 4:16

2. Put the armor of God on. Pray it on. Ephesians 6:10-18

3. Read the Bible out loud. Read your favorite verses out loud. Here are some of my favorite. John 3:16-17. John 14:6, Philippians 2:9-11, Romans 8:26-39, Colosians 2:15,1 John 4:1-4,1John 4:7-8. I also like the book of Psalms.

4. Buy a small bottle of olive oil present it to God in prayer. Ask God to bless the oil. Use the oil to bless or anoint your house, don't use it for cooking. 1 Peter 2:9 tells us that we are priests. Anoint every door and window in your apartment use the oil and make the sign of the cross on the windows and doors. While you are anointing say "I anoint this place in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit". Also say " I command all demonic forces in the name of Jesus to leave this room."

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 in every room.

6. Go to a door that leads to the outside, open it and command the demonic forces to leave the apartment in the name of Jesus. Anoint that door.

7. Do these steps once a week for 1-2 months. Then do them once a month for 6 months and then do them once a year.

If you are Catholic you can use Holy Water instead of oil. You don't have to do these steps at night you can do them whenever you choose. I forgot a verse. 2 Timothy 2:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline. 😉 ❤ 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Rainman, I noticed that you like to defend bible-thumping demon-screamers. Your sarcasm failed to illustrate your point.

I think Intrigued has the most sound and logical advice on this particular instance. It's very likely that your paranoia over supernatural things and a lack of sleep are working you into a hypersensitive frenzy.

And to Rainman, if there is a god and he did indeed create humans, I doubt he would have given us the ability to think intelligently and then demand that we not use it. The fact of the matter is, nobody knows this stuff for fact. People have a right to believe what they want to believe, so unless you want people picking apart the flaws in YOUR beliefs, don't start being condescending toward people over theirs.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Rainman.

That was a pretty little story. Thank you. If you're alleging that I would be more inclined to sit behind big bang theory and evolution then kudos, you're right.

I'm a man for fact and can see more weight behind that theory than that of the paranormal.
Rainman (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Intrigued skeptic, hows this for a story, once upon a time there was an explosion, then by magic there were little things in the sea, that decided by magic to turn into fish, then after a while by magic these fish decided that they wanted to walk, so then they grew legs and arms, but wait there's more, they then decided they wanted to fly so by magic they grew wings I wonder how or why this magic happened? Does any one believe me or am I loosing my mind some of us are a little bit skeptical with what your believe,
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
I'd also like to ask JimD what he gains from his incessant cry of "It's a DEMON". Is this some sort of scare tactic? What do you achieve with this?

I'll stop short of calling you a liar but you are indeed a fantasist who offers nothing but negativity to situations that can be resolved rationally.

Give it a rest, for your own sanity and ours.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
I must say I'm very dubious when the situation involves lack of sleep. It's possible that your brains lack of "dream time" means that your subconscious is creeping into your conscious. I suppose daydreaming could be the correct term.

Also, I note you leave the TV on although on mute. I'm not sure of the science behind it but it's uncanny how you can just know a TV is on without it being in view.

As for the Emily Rose part, I do believe you have worked yourself into a state of unneccesary heightened awareness.

You just need to try and relax and hopefully get a good nights rest, I don't imagine anything paranormal is occuring.

Good luck.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
You have probably scared yourself a good bit and the adrenaline rush that you got from the fright seems to be stimulated when you try to sleep. Many times people dream the noise and then wake up and the noise can happen when you are still waking and could be part of your dream. It really sounds like you have wound yourself tight with this stuff. I agree with JimD that calling on Jesus has many many benefits and certainly any evil will flee at the mere mention of His name and I am not going to criticize him because I agree with him on that but not sure that there is enough evidence in what you have posted to declase an infestation or diabolical presence. Say your bedtime prayers and read the Bible and leave it open on your nightstand. If you are from SC, you certainly should know who Jesus is. Try Him.
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Well they could be ghostly spirits messing around with you because they sense your fear. They're getting their jollies at your expense of course so they will do a lot of disturbing things now knowing you are afraid. They will try to feed your fears now.

Remember this though Ghosts, Spirits are people too. Just like jerk offs in life unfortunately people tend to be a$$holes after death as well. It doesn't mean they are demons or devils although that could be possible. But anyhow if some idiot jump out at you in a grocery store to spook you and he yells; "Boo!" Yeah you might get scared for a second but are you going to continue to be afraid or get pissed off for him doing that? Think of ghosts and spirits as people and get angry and order them to get out! Tell them to shut the hell up when they are whispering. Tell them to get out of your home! They are not paying you rent and you never invited them. Get angry and expect respect from those around you. Give them a spiritual boot by becoming strong in your confiction to make them leave.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
1st Just and FYI Advil/Tylenol PMs use Diphenhydramine hydrochloride AKA Benadryl as a sleep agent it is not really harmful nor is it habit forming it is actually one of the best choices as far as sleep aids go Unless you are in pain though there's no real need for the Tylenol you could just take Benadryl.
This advice may seem a bit odd but try taking vitamin D-3 before you go to bed and see how you sleep Calcium may also help some. As far as the whispering and hisses you have heard. In some sleep studies they have found the inside of the ear sometimes vibrates creating white noise effects this can cause people to hear noise that sound like a large group of people talking. People whispering, static type noises or any other white noise effects. While the reason for this happening is not know I believe it is most likely away of masking other sounds that might wake you up. Often times when people are sleepy very small sounds like a dripping sink will seem unbearably loud having a built in white noise generator would allow you to sleep through petty sounds that might other wise bother you. However when being awoken unexpectedly this effect can be disorienting. If you read up on sleep paralysis white noise is an extremely common occurrence upon waking.
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
I've had ghost encounters both as a child and adult. It's natural to be afraid when your mind is occupied with such things.

I also have sleep problems but I also have health problems, from an injury/pain. I would stop the meds, they don't work after a while anyway. Get some exercise, daily, even if it is just walking.

If you are willing, I would also suggest prayer... Talk to God about it. You can do this when walking.

As for the feeling of snakes... I found that my sleeping mind would often interpret the normal digestive movements as various animal attacks... It took me a while to realize.
Gizmo (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
wow I can really relate to this story
This happened to me when I was younger ever since I seen the exorcism I would always have trouble sleeping. Try praying ask God to bless you
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
First of all, how old are you? If your a kid and scared of the dark that's not so uncommon. If your an adult and this scared of the dark and panicky and have been all your life you've probably got some phobias going on. It's not anything to be shameful about. Everyone has a phobia, most just don't have it to the point that it affects their daily life that much. I would be willing to bet, (although I do believe there are mysteries unexplained), that most of the stories on here come from people who are in more need of psychological help than any practicing witch, shaman,demonoligist,or what ever they choose to call themselves. I do believe there has to be other life forms out there somewhere, why they would want cow eyes or rectums is beyound me, and there certainly is a good case for bigfoot, or something that fits the description, and spirits, well that's a given, they've been seen and heard since we've been around. You might just want to check out the practical reasons for your night frights first. And I'd be willing to bet also that the dark has an effect on everyone in differing degrees. It's only natural, the unknown and all. Also, taking "2-3 Advil/Tylenol PMs" nightly couldn't be good for you.
Scoops (4 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
I look at things from a scientific point of view. To make sure you are hearing what you are hearing, get a recorder and tape yourself at night. When you wake up, play it back. It could be just a dream.

Sounds scary regardless. I used to wake up in a panic sometimes as if something was crawling on me. I am certain it was just a dream in my case. In yours, I'm not sure. Good luck with your issues.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
It sounds almost certainly like a demon. This appears to be the beginning of demonic infestation. I am a lay religious / Catholic demonologist. Only Catholic Holy water and the invocation of the following names will help: Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Archangel. If Catholic, I'd also urge Mass, Holy Communion, and frequent confession. He won't stop, unless forced to do so, which is what I do, by no merit of my own. Please hit back hard now. The more time that elapses; the greater his hold on you.

I never criticize other people who post, yet am negatively critiqued by a few of them, who offer no useful assistance, and absolutely no hope for relief. Pls. Email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com, for more info, if you like. Good luck and God bless you.
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Well... Sometimes people can wake themselves up by snoring or breathing loudly. Do you snore? That may have been the hissing noise.
Sometimes also people will have dreams and wake up thinking that they had actually heard what was going on in the dream.
You waking up at that time each and every morning is your body being used to being woken up at that time, so it keeps up with the rhythm. When you wake up in the middle of the night don't look at your clock. And just tell yourself, I am safe. And if you believe in God pray that he will protect you from all things bad and evil.
Those are just some possibilities of what is happening to you, however, I know you don't want to hear this but you could have something in your house. You could have someone bless your house if you wanted... Good luck, and try not to be so scared, I know it is hard but sometimes bad things will feed off of your energy of you being scared.

❤ ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: