You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandma Visits My Mom On Her Wake

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandma Visits My Mom On Her Wake

 

This story happened during the wake of my mother last April, 2018. My husband and I were busy preparing for the documents needed for her burial hence, we asked his dad (my father-in-law) and his cousin to take care of the vicinity while we're away.

When we came back later that afternoon, they told us a scary story that gives us goosebumps. According to them they noticed an old woman standing across the street holding a long umbrella which also serves as her cane. She was staring directly at the white coffin inside (since the place was covered in glass) as if she's wondering if she's in the right place or if the person lying there is someone she's looking for. A couple of minutes later they saw her crossing the street and walking towards them. They don't know what happened to them but they just stand there watching the old woman doing her business. They told us that once she's inside, she walked towards the white coffin and stared at my mom for a minute or so. After that the old woman left a 5 pcs. Of 1-peso coins on the podium where the guestbook is placed and then leave the premises. They frantically describe the appearance of the old woman to us.

Upon learning the story, someone I knew which resembles the appearance of the old woman popped in my mind. So what I did, I showed them the picture of my mother together with her family (her other 2 siblings and their mom). My father-in-law and my husband's cousin were too stunned to speak as the old woman they're talking about is also the old woman in the picture.

So basically, my grandmother who passed away since 198x visits my mother on her wake in 2018.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iamestee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-07-06)
iamestee, My deepest sympathies to you on the loss of your mother. May she rest in peace. My mother passed away very recently and my family are devastated as you must be. Something I'm finding that helps me right now through these days of grief - that may help you, is to look at my mum's photo and tell her things I didn't get around to saying. It's a very powerful connection that has helped your grandma come to visit your mother. They must have been really close.
Thank you for sharing your situation.
iamestee (1 stories) (2 posts)
+5
2 years ago (2022-07-05)
Hi Rajine,

I guess you're right. The people we love who already passed away does wait for us on the other side and some of them do go back to fetch us as we travel back in God's arms.

Thanks for your comment, it really means a lot to me.
iamestee (1 stories) (2 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2022-07-05)
Hi lady-glow,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it! 😊

According to my aunt (my mom's oldest sister), my grandma's favorite daughter is my mom so I guess that's one of the reasons why she visited my mom on her wake. Maybe see wanted to see her physical body lying in the coffin before they reunite in heaven since the last time she saw my mom is before she died in 198x (sorry I forgot the exact year).

Yup, I actually took the coins and placed it in my mom's purse that I kept when she died. The coins have different production year (around 2000-2014) which I think doesn't have any significance in both of them. Yes, my father-in-law and cousin does believe in the afterlife. Maybe you're right about my grandma's intention.

Thanks for your comment, it really means a lot to me.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+5
2 years ago (2022-07-03)
Hi iamestee

As lady-glow mentioned it's believed that loved ones who've passed on wait on the other side for people who are or recently passed on, I believe this as well having had experiences myself or people around me telling me about their own experiences.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+8
2 years ago (2022-07-02)
Welcome to YGS.

I find your experience puzzling and fascinating.

It is widely believed that a person's loved ones and ancestors are waiting for them at the moment of their passing; hence, your story makes me wonder the reason that would make your grandmother come to the - funeral home?
Were the coins still there by the time you and your husband arrived? Did you keep them? Were all of the coins minted the same year? If so, was this year of any significance either for your mother and/or your grandmother?
Do your father-in-law and cousin believe in the afterlife? Perhaps Grandma's intention was to show them that death is not the end.

I imagine how unnerving most have been for everyone to know that a long departed mother would come to see her daughter on her wake, and only hope they are together and happy again. May their souls rest in peace.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: