You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Figure In My Hotel Room

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Figure In My Hotel Room

 

My boyfriend and I decided to go away for a few days camping. This was back in August of 2009. We live at the foot of Loch Lomond, Scotland, and decided that our first stop should be Mallaig, further north. From there we planned to travel to the Isle of Skye. We arrived midday Friday to a torrential storm. Camping was completely out of the question, so we started looking for a Hotel. Apparently, though, everyone else in the camp-site had similar ideas and we struggled to find a room anywhere. Eventually we got a twin room in 'The West Highland Hotel' which sat above the bay. Our room was situated in a lodge behind the hotel.

Having tramped around the whole town for hours looking for somewhere to stay, we decided to have an early night. We ordered some food and then went to bed. I'm a light sleeper, and at 3.05am I woke up to the sound of our door opening. The room was dark, but the curtains had been left open so enough light spilled in from outside for me to see clearly. A man stood at the end of my bed. I froze. I thought a member of staff had entered our room with the intentions of stealing from us. It had to be a member of staff because I specifically remembered locking the door when the food arrived, and staff members could easily get a hold of some keys. The figure at the end of my bed walked over to the window, which gave me an even clearer picture of him. He was wearing a dark hooded cloak, and when he was facing the window he pulled the hood up over his head, and then turned his head to look right at me. This was when I managed to snap out of my spell and I got the bedside lamp on. Of course, when light flooded the room I realized that there was no-one there. I started crying which woke my boyfriend up. I was absolutely petrified. This had been my first experience of anything sinister, and it still scares me to think about it.

In the morning I asked the receptionist if they had ever had any ghost reports. She said that they had had loads, all coming from the third floor. A man and lady had been spotted many times wearing kilts and black cloaks. I couldn't say for certain whether or not the man in my room had been wearing a kilt, but the reference to the coat was all I needed to be certain that I hadn't imagined it. This had been the only sighting of these characters to happen anywhere other than the third floor. To this day I ask "Why me? Why did he leave the third floor to pay ME a visit?"

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, magic_mella, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

magic_mella (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Thanks for all your comments. I haven't done much research on the hotel up until now, but I have started looking at it's past history just today. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, I haven't had much time to come online.

[at] SmokeyKnight, I was staying on the ground floor in a hut that actually sits at the back of the hotel, completely seperated from the rest of the building. And yes, that was the only night I stayed there. I would love to go back as soon as my partner can get some more time off work. If I did, do you think it would be worth my time asking for the same room? Or one on the other side of the hotel to see if anuthing strange happens there? I'd love your opinions. 😊
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
These cloaked figures seem to be a standard of sorts. I have seen similar descriptions in many stories. I am not saying I don't believe anyone, but it leads one to wonder if it's the same spirit/type of spirit. I wonder if it is a ghost/spirit standard with the cloak (like a uniform for the military).
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
I also saw a dark figure in my motel room when I vacationed in wisconson it was not as vived as your experaince thought am just happen the thing did not follow me home
jadediana (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
Oh my word do you have any idea of what you had just come across? In all my researching and experiences you have to be VERY careful of the thing in the black hood/cloak please stay safe and I hope all goes well 😳
gemzyd1988 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
maybe because you was so relaxed and not expecting to see anything that you opened up some sort of door to let the spirit world in 😐
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
I google searched the Hotel. It seems to be near Fort William which has an interesting history. Maybe there might be a connection?
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
What floor were you on? Was that the only night you stayed there? Have you researched the hotel in depth to see if there was a murder there or anything?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Perhaps you were the first person to have been awake during that time frame?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: