You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Or Is It Something More? Help Needed

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Or Is It Something More? Help Needed

 

I have been experiencing this for at least two years now. I moved back in to my old childhood home with my boyfriend and things were good. He started having vivid dreams of a demon and started having night terrors, something he said he hasn't ever experienced until he moved in with me. In the dream he says that the demon in it, is by me when I'm asleep and points at me. Though he hasn't had this for months now, whereas I've been having dreams for over a year but more constant in the last few months.

I wake up, and the feeling of dread always comes with the sound of static and a suffocating feeling. I've gotten used to it now but it does still scare me, I try to call out my boyfriends name, but it never seems to work. It's been getting worse and worse now, as I was having a dream where a child seemed quite scared on my bed and said "he's coming" where the feeling started again and I felt as though it was behind me. But, last night it seemed different, I woke up and felt the same dread and heard the static, and I felt the presence above me- I was lying on my front. I looked and thought it was my boyfriend, and the presence came close to my face and then I felt something go inside me. But, I could still see my boyfriend sleeping next to me and I tried to call out his name again with no use.

I have no idea what this is, if it's just a vivid imagination or something more sinister. Any help and advice would really help thank you!

(If it helps, I lived here before moving back in with the boyfriend with a couple of friends who have said they felt as though there was something here. We do often hear the stairs creaking as though someone is coming up them; and my boyfriend has said that he's seen things at the corner of his eye.)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CaitlinMirren, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-02-26)
I suggest that you do a protection and cleansing ritual, you say that this is your childhood home, have you ever experienced anything like this as a kid, if you can remember?
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+5
3 years ago (2021-01-06)
Hi Caitlin

Not sure if you are checking comments or the very insightful and helpful posts / advice being offered here, but I also had an extremely unsettling "sleep paralysis" experience. You can find it here on YGS titled "Night Attack".

I understand there are a lot of theories about what these experiences are. Many believe it's not supernatural at all but an overdose or imbalance of chemicals released by the brain (which I recently read was actually 70% fat! What does that mean for Trumps brain? 100% fat? Ba ha ha ha ha...ahem...anyway...) or some other physical effect etc.

However my experience was actually verified by not only physical manifestations on my body but also my creepy housemate who seemed to know what had happened to me before I breathed a word of it to anyone.

So for me, I truly sympathise with anyone who has experienced the "Night Hag" or sleep paralysis combined with a sense of something very unpleasant in an extremely close proximity to the temporarily paralysed unfortunate, helpless victim.

Thanks for sharing - you are not alone. Hope it doesn't happen again to you.

Peace

Mack
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-10)
He'll AussieDaz,

When you say, 'I'm probably a little guilty of talking too much, however, it beats talking to mysel.' I'm guilty of both. Lol

Merry Christmas to you too, and your family.

I can't up vote you and few others at moment. I usually go helta skelta with the karma arrows and then have widthdrawls because the system says, 'please vote for someone else'.🥴

Best wishes,
Miandra/SWS 😘🎄
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-12-10)
SWS

You can catch out a fake medium or psychic hypochondriac who claims they can channel the dead quite easily by asking them how it feels when they invite them into their vessel.

I have watched a real medium channel another being into her space interesting enough she started off with her own mantra by saying to spirit "I am not frightened"...

Only once in my life would I say I've had an full on account with a ghost jumping into my body with the intent of possession and that account was pretty tough to deal with in it's event... ''Make no mistake about the sensation of discomfort''... For the record it was the deceased boyfriend of my then girlfriend of whom I'd attempted to enter via her dream.

So it was either the Karma I deserved from her deceased boyfriend or perhaps he was trying to channel through me to get to her who knows? 6,1 or half a dozen the other.

Theory: We have 56 trillion cells that make up our physical being each of them have their own antenna's that relay between the self and higher self...soooo, when a ghostie decides to enter our macroscopic self the energy fields between two beings of light struggle for the control of the atoms hence causing the discomfort.

I would say the real deal mediums leave their body and allow the other to take control.

To the author, if your account didn't feel uncomfortable when this face went through you then more than likely it was S/P...I've had those types of accounts too there is a distinction.

What ever you do don't go down the road of believing in demons it won't be too long before they start believing in you,

anyway,

I'm probably a little guilty of talking too much,however, it beats talking to myself, wishing you all of the best.

Regards!
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-10)
AussieDaz,

I'm in stitches here about the visitors scaring us, resulting in us having to wash our undies twice a day. Lmao

I'd disappoint my visitors, if they frightened me into telling them where the lollies are. I don't have any to hand over, but I do have home made banana cake. 😉

Once again you have made me laugh with your sense of humour. (Thanks)

I can't imagine having that floating OBE directly above a person. That's clever. If only you had enough time to merge into your girlfriend's dream. That would have been a post on it's own.

Once again your comment has provided insight and a good laugh. I hope CaitlinMirren appreciates the effort everyone is making to help.
Best wishes
SWS 😘
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2020-12-09)
Hello SWS,

It's a good question you raise about hearing something static I was hoping the author would respond to what she felt when this face went through her. From experience the feeling is not a comfortable one. The static noise may well be the effort of someone in the spiritual realm trying to get through?

I'll share this here in hope of shedding some light for the author to think about and I'm sure I wrote about this account on one of my stories without going back and finding which one it is.

A long time ago when I was around 21 I was sleeping with my then girlfriend when suddenly I found myself on the ceiling looking down at the both of us.

I had this crazy idea of trying to enter my girlfriends dream as I knew I was out of body and was wondering how to validate my account and how cool it would be if possible.

So I descended from the ceiling down toward my girlfriend basically face to face as our faces met and bodies were aligned and me thinking the next part would be entering her dream state she basically blurted out a dis-comfortable groan that actually woke me up from the physical to listen to the last few seconds of her discomfort laying next to her.

I believe this account at the expense of invading my girlfriends space validated my OBE however it's not the right the thing to do if you are out of body/ ghost even though the intent is not to harm the individual you are engaging with.

I've had visitors come into my home and walk straight through me and on the this one occasion walk through my wife as she slept next to me and she too made this noise of discomfort.

Here's the deal, just like my intent was not to hurt my girl friend when I descended from the ceiling (out of body) their intent to interact with us is not always about them doing us harm or trying to frighten us in to showing them where we hide our lollies.

The fight or flight instinct we feel is quite normal, I have chased them away from my wife a couple of times as she slept because it's human nature not wanting to see a person in discomfort and on the last occasion something decided to get into my space I felt like I was having a heart attack.

I told it to fark off on this last occasion Enough is enough right? I'm getting too old for this shiat, lmao
I know there trying to communicate with me of which I do understand however, it's a little like that movie the six sense... They don't fully understand or realise the person they are reaching to is frightened and will probably start wash their underpants twice a day and go on and develop sleep paralysis.



Regards Daz
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
3 years ago (2020-12-09)
Leighlea
I've over voted you and can't give you up votes at this time.

AussieDaz, it's so good to see you posting again. I've missed your intellect and sense of humour.

Rookdygin, do you know anything about static followed by a suffocating feeling and how CaitlinMirren can overcome that?

Sorry I can't help further CaitlinMirren. I hope things work out for you.

Best wishes,
SWS 😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
3 years ago (2020-12-09)
Hello CaitlinMirren,
I know first hand how scary it can be to experience SP. I don't know why you hear static and feel like your suffocating. Maybe an other member could shine some light on that.
You said you have been experiencing this for the last 2 years and then you said you've been having dreams for over a year but more constant in the last few months. I didn't understand the two different time frames, regardless, have you spoken to your doctor about the suffocating feeling? Maybe it's some medical condition? With regards to the SP side of things, being frightened by something entering you is giving me chills. You are very brave going through this.
You have many useful comments to help you establish what's going on.
AussieDaz, your comment is so informative. I learn so much when I read what you have to say.

Caitlin Mirren I hope you get to the bottom of this. I've been doing a regular cleansing which is helping me. If you want to know more about how to do that, refer to Rookdygins profile page. He's a member here on YGS and I have found his method very helpful.

Best wishes,
SWS 😘
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-12-06)
Yup. All that you have to do is stand your ground. It isn't a tall order.

I scare living people and I am 5'3 and weigh 98 lbs. Napoleon Complex.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-12-05)
From my own experiences, theories, research and facts.

When we open our eyes during, after or before sleep and everything in between the only thing we see are photons of light (that's a fact)... Our eyes are just basically lens filtering in information from the Higgs field via the neurons down into the cortex and presto, you are watching your own personal 3D movie where you are the centre and star of your own universe... We basically see reality with inside the walls of our brains the universe at it's core is just energy, waves of potential (that's another fact) where consciousness is fundamental and impossible to measure (theory at this point).

There is a little gland in the back of the brain called the pineal gland, this little gland allows you to slip your mind in and out of what seems physical (the macroscopic) and then let's you slip off into the alpha, delta, theta state of mind where we use our minds to create our own dreamtime experience where we don't limit our imagination or experience by Newtonian logic and allow these dreams to enter our bedroom via what we call sleep paralysis... Usually until the pineal gland works out you are not dreaming anymore of which can take up to a couple of minutes.

Ok, why are you having these experiences mostly when you are sleeping or just waking up, is it sleep paralysis or something else? First of all, there are no such entities as demons in my opinion, otherwise peeps would be dropping all over the place, it's amazing how we all live to tell our stories?,btw, the previous advice about laughing at them actually works I have done that a few times in my few interesting accounts with these demons your boyfriend has seen, when you start laughing they actually do disappear, yes, I'm not mocking your experience I've had them too.

Is it a malicious of prankster ghost using your own imagination against you for kicks and laughs?possibly?

Is it Sleep paralysis? Possibly? (I felt something go inside me, face) what did you feel? I know what it feels like to have an entity invade your space however I need you to give me more details before I can work it out.

Is it your spirit guide? Possibly... I need to be careful here, I certainly don't want to plant this seed in your mind, however, do you see yourself being with this boyfriend forever? Sometimes our spirit guides will interact with us to try and nudge us back on the path again... I may be entirely off the mark here take it with a grain of salt, however, our spirit guides will sometimes show themselves as to what ever we want to see them as? Mine showed himself as Jesus, I shouldn't laugh about these experiences you may not know this. They have a huge sense of humour on the other side...lol

Apologises in advance if anyone takes offence to what I stated.

Regards Daz
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2020-12-04)
Hello CaitlinMirren and welcome to YGS,

It seems like you have more going on in your environment than Sleep Paralysis; but I think that it would be helpful to you if you would keep a detailed journal of your dreams and patterns upon waking. Acknowledging certain patterns could possibly give you strength or peace of mind. Dreamland is an extremely wacky place on its own. It is also the time where you are most vulnerable to anything around you too.

It will be okay if you can remember that anything that attacks you in this way is not strong enough to attack you in the light of day. If there is an entity messing around with you while you are asleep, I don't think it's confident enough to face a strong individual.

I wish you good luck and peace.

- Maria
outofthemirror (guest)
+3
3 years ago (2020-12-04)
YOU MUST OWN YOUR SPACE.DON'T BE SCARED. LAUGH and say GOT NO TIME FOR YOUR SHXT. IF you don't stand up it will only get stronger. A 14 year old spirit can get in your dreams. Try telling it, were sleeping tonight go tip some cows or something tonight, we don't want you around, If your not going to be nice. NOTICE IT, TELL IT YOUR EXPECTATIONS. BE FIRM. IM sorry for you but leave us alone. ITS in your house, Write down what you feel put it on refrigerator door he will see it. RISE OR FALL. They don't have to be demons to possess mind bending skills. I send you peace love and courage.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: