You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Shadow Figures At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Figures At Night

 

I'm not sure what this is and I want to know what could be causing this and if it's something I should be ignoring or something I should be trying to take care of.

In 2009 I had this experience happen to me four times. I would be awake but not be able to move or speak. My eyes would be open and I would only be able to mumble. I could feel something pushing me down but not from the chest but from everywhere. I got more freaked out the third time this happened because I actually saw a figure of a man in a very long coat with an old style hat standing right next to me, and he was looking down at me. Now this has happened two times in a week. It even seems to be happening every other month. I want to know what to do because it seems to be happening more often. Any ideas and support is appreciated.

I also wanted to help a friend out with her situation. It happens to her more often than it does to me. At night she would go to sleep and then wake up to someone choking her. When she wakes she can usually see something over here bed then it runs to the corner of her room and stares at her with white glowing eyes. She is afraid to be alone and it's hard for her to go to sleep at night. If I can't help her I really hope there's someone else who can.

By the way it will take me a while to read the comments because I don't have access to a computer with internet. I will try to get back on as soon as possible.

Thanks to all.

Other hauntings by serlox

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, serlox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

serlox (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
Thanks guys. I can't believe I took a year to respond to this but everything has gotten better. My experiences stopped after we moved out of my old home. It seemed to be caused my negativity and stress that we had in that home. My dad became an alcoholic and also steered away from God. My mom and I started attending church every Sunday possible. All these creepy and weird experiences stopped after we sat down with my sister to pray. I thank god I can finally sleep in peace. Thanks to all of you guys for the advice ^_^.

As for my friend, she moved out of her home as well, she believed that it was her dad who was inflicting huge amounts of stress that might have caused her experiences. 😊
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
It's really impossible for us to tell from that. It could be sleep paralysis as mentioned, or something else. The easiest thing to do would be to have a sleep analysis done at a sleep clinic. I've had one done for my sleep apnea,"which gave me all sort of weird choking dreams", and it was simple but can clear up at least the atypical sleep disorders.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
These are demons. They look like shadows because they cannot manifest enough energy to show their true form.
It use to happen to me all the time and sometimes still does because they are different demons. What you must do is pray to St. Michael the ArchAngel to come fight off the demon. I have banished these demons before althought they will keep coming because of someone's negativity that they are attached to that is living with you, or it could be your own. You might see red eyes, yellow eyes, white eyes, blue eyes, whatever, these are demons sometimes even worst... Devils. E-mail me in my profile, if you want more help, God Bless
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Stop sleep paralysis
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6VjLEPLFAY

Your story is similar to another I just read on this site, and of my own experiences:

My wife had never experienced sleep paralysis (unseen entity knocking on her window) until she met me and moved in next door to me. I had been dealing with it for years.

We are married now, and it no longer effects either of us. I attribute this to the power of Christ.
Rebeccaaaaa (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
I looked it up, cause the same thing happened to me about 4 hours ago and I stil can't sleep had to make shure nothing scary was going to happen, and they said its just sleep paralyzis or someshiat.
blackbear21 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
my sister has something like this. My sister has what to be call Sleep Paralysis. It paralizes your body when you dream so you don't freak out in your sleep basically your mind doesn't let you move because you would act out what ever is goin on in your dream. If you ask me you should see a sleep docter.

Hope this is will help (n_n)
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Emai me if any any more problems - it is 100% demonic. As a demonologist, I hear these cases / symptoms with increasing frequency. Being frozen, hearing voices, seeing grotesque / frinhtening sights are all tools of the Devil to scare us. The only remedy that'll work is Cayholic Holy water, and invocation of the names: Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel. I promise your visitor will react, and ultimately flee. The frequency of these cases is troubling to me personally. If Catholic, please attend Mass, confession, and communion - often. Good luck and God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
i heard a lot of stories like these events... That sureis a creepy experience, maybe you should get your house cleansed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: