You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Navajo Reservation Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Navajo Reservation Experiences

 

I'd like to share some of my experiences after reading some of the other stories. I live on the Navajo Reservation, and I'm always hearing stories from friends and relatives. As I was growing up, I've had some scary experiences. But anyways, back to what I was saying, days ago on April 10th, 2010, I had the weirdest yet scary experience ever!

That morning, my mother was worried about my grandmother being alone at her house, so my father went to go pick her up at her house 13, maybe even 14 miles outside Chinle, Arizona. So later that day, my parents went to go take her out, and I didn't want to go, because they were heading out to Cortez, Colorado (You know, older people in their casino's!). So after they left, I enjoyed staying by myself all through the afternoon, and evening. As it got dark around 8pm, I was so bored, and there was absolutely nothing to do!

That night, I made sure that my parents vehicles were locked, and that the front and back doors were locked, and all the windows in the house were shut and locked! As time passed by, it was already midnight, so I decided to watch a little television. I remember falling asleep on the couch and the TV was still on. So around 2:50am I woke up, and turned the TV off, and walked to my room to change into my PJ's. After I did, I went to go brush my teeth, and as I finished, I walked into the kitchen to turn off the light, and right when I was ready to flick it off, the clock began to ring (My mom got this clock that makes noise every hour) and it was 3am, and right when the clock turned to 3, I heard a knock at the front door. I thought to myself... 'Who in the hell, would be at my house at 3am!'. So I was really confused. Then I heard another knock, and another. So I thought to myself again, 'do I open it?'. And as I started walking towards to door, I was about 4 inches from looking through the peephole, the knock became louder! So I backed away, and thought, 'how come the security light didn't come on?!' (Ok, before I go on, my front door has like a little entrance, so there's like a little room before you can enter or walk outside, and the security light always comes on when somebody steps in to that room. I don't know, but I can't really explain it right). Anyways, as I was saying, I started to get scared, and I was walking away from the door, and the knock became banging noises! So that continued for about 2 minutes, and I finally went towards the door again. I unlocked the top lock of the door and the banging became even louder, it seemed like whatever it was, was going to break down the door! So as I was still by the door, so scared, I turned on the outside light, to think that whatever it was would go away. But it didn't work, the banging got louder, and I was ready to call for help, but I hurried and looked through to peephole and as I did the banging stopped, and there was nobody in sight!

The experience was weird and scary! So I hope you enjoyed my little experience, and I have no clue what was banging on the door, it was weird, all I can say, is that it's a mystery...

Other hauntings by clt14

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, clt14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kibbles13 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
OMG! That same thing happen to me and my little brother and my older brother (well we are the same age) and we didn't open the door. We were to scared 😐after 20 minutes it went away whew it was sooo scary my little brother almost crying. Came up to me said what is happening. But my parents came home at 5 and we were so scared. Well iam glad you didn't answer the door 😁
Shayneigh (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
😐 I'd seriously wwatch yourself around your door. Maybe someone died there. It's hard to tell, but be really careful, cause whatever it was sounded totally pissed off!
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-19)
hi, very creepy experience, I would be so scared, its a good thing that you didn't open the door and let them in, can you please tell me what a skinwalker is. Thankyou for your story keep us all posted
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-18)
Ever since I was like 10 I knew how to find, load, and operate my step-dad's.22 handgun. Since I was 19 I've had my own 9mm, since I was 22 I've owned my own 12 ga shotgun. I'm sorry, I have to agree that a knock on the door reciprocates a shotgun racking and a 9mm not far behind.

It's for the best you didn't open the door, but I'd have at least called 911 to get PD out there, especially since the operator would have heard the banging. Let the cops put their butts on the line. That's what they are there for.
rez-girl (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
I understand living in the middle of nowhere and having scary stuff happen. Something similar happen to me, only I saw it was a bear standing with something in it's arms on top of my grandmother's storage house.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
Well, I suppose I am pretty confused here. How could you think this was a skin-walker if there was no one visible when you checked through the peep hole?
Wa-do.
MidnightRose (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
Wow that was creepy! As I was reading your story and you mentioned the 3am thing with the clock, I knew something was going to happen. Then the knocking turned into banging... I'm just glad you did not open the door 😁
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
Amazing story really creepy! Be careful around 3am cause that's the most evil time of the day!

Tori ❀
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
i agree with kamui. We had a neighbor that was murdered and after her burial her friends would here a knock on their door at the exact time the woman died which is 4am.
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
whoa dude that's sure is scary, well here in the Philippines we believe if someone who knocks on our door at unnecessary hours, like yours is 3am, don't answer nor respond to the knock.
robertar (223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
the light could have been disabled, just because it was not on doesn't mean it was not human. Not sure how old you are, but I'd answer a 3am knock at the door with a gun.

And prayer is just as good for those supernatural intruders. You might consider praying at sunset, before you have an uninvited guest.

I've heard of lots of scary stuff out that way. "enjoy" was not the word I'd use about your story.
sammid71 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
I thought a skinwalker was someone who took on the skin of an animal, why would this be a skinwalker? Great story
clt14 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
hey rockstar09,
Well at first I thought it was teens up to no good, but like I said, the security light didn't come on, it always comes on when somebody steps into that room! And plus, I live in the middle of nowhere! So I'm thinking it was a 'skinwalker'.
rockstar09 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
That is super freaky for sure! But you know, it could have always been some pesky teens getting in your way or maybe it was really was a ghost, you never know for sure until you see it though right?! πŸ˜† Creepy tho and thanks for sharing:)
Zander (7 stories) (141 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Have something on hand in case it's a person up to no good, next time. Otherwise, sounds like something that happened at my grandparents' farm years ago. There was an old cemetery not far away. My grandfather waited inside the door where the banging was coming from with his firearm, saw the knob turn, then it stopped. Looking out, no one was there.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Good thing you not being opening the door. Sounded like a skinwalker.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
That was such a creepy story. I acutally got goosebumps reading it. 😨 Good thing you didn't open that door. Whatever was banging on your door at 3am was most likely Not a candy gram! Great story, thanks for sharing it with us. 😊
PrettyAngel1802 (1 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Somebody must've died there, and therefore made banging noises. Usaully, Ghosts do that, and of course it does freak many people out. I would've been scared like you if that happened to me, it's a good job that you kept away from the door. Don't worry though, it's less likely whoever was banging on the door is going to hurt you, just make signs that somebody is already watching over the place? Good Luck, PrettyAngel1802.
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
wow! That sure is scary! I think I wouldve did the same thing you did. Thankgoodness it went away.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: