You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hooded Joker

Real Ghost Stories

The Hooded Joker

 

Now this first part is a long time ago, so I don't remember everything quite that well. One thing did always stay with me that night however.

It was around 14 years ago and I was about 5 years old. It was a stormy night (cliche?) and the lightning was keeping me awake. Then suddenly a man was standing in front of my door, looking through one of the windows in it. He was grinning at me and had glowing eyes. He also wore a hood if I remember correctly. I went outside my room after he had gone to see who it was, only to find out there was nobody there except for my sister who was also having trouble sleeping.

My parents were having a party that night and they couldn't have been fast enough to get downstaires in such a short time (the man was there one moment gone the other).

My sister had apparantly seen him too and allowed me for the first and last time to sleep with her in her room. I simply couldn't sleep alone after that.

After that over the years weird stuff happened, like when I was trying to sleep in my parents room a loud crashing noise came from the bathroom, but nothing had fallen over. This was probably about a year or half a year after that first experience.

When I was around 13 I had stopped believing there was really a ghost in the house, I was still uneasy about specific rooms however, especially my parents bathroom for some reason.

This peace lasted for about, say 2-3 years. After that stuff started happening again, a radio went on while I was watching a movie about ghosts with my friends. Of course we were all quite shocked, the remote had been right next to it and it had been switched off.

A few months later a light in my room suddenly switched on. Also lots of things were vanishing.

For example my gameboy color which I had as a kid had vanished. We had searched the whole house for it but couldn't find it. Then YEARS and YEARS later it was suddenly on the desk of our shared computer room, a room I visited at least once a day.

The most recent event was the ghost screwing with my xbox 360 controller, scrolling through the menu on xbox dashboard.

I also had a friend who said he could talk with ghosts, no matter how far away he is.

Well not really talk but close enough anyway.

He told me that the bathroom (that's actually connected directly to my parents room) was haunted and he said that a female ghost was apparantly walking through it like it was part of the main room (my parents room).

He also said that the male ghost thought I knew him, and he described him having "glowing eyes". Not really the first thing you would think about with ghosts now would you?

I had never told him that the bathroom was part of my parents bedroom or that the ghost had glowing eyes.

I honestly thought that I may have added those glowing eyes to my memory after the experience because it was so long ago. I figured it was a bit silly to say that.

And now it gets even better, he told me that the female is actually a friend of the ghost I had seen so many years ago. He also said the ghost is following me around since I was about 16.

Before that he simply haunted the house but when I got into a depression around the age of 16 he started following me instead.

My friend explained he was worried about me ever since I had gotten depressed (which I also hadnt told him) and that is the reason this hooded fellow is following.

So I don't have 1 ghost but 2 ghosts in my home, of which one is stalking me. I wasn't exactly thrilled. I have no real intention of making the ghost leave though, as long as stops joking around with me so much. I'm really sick of loosing things constantly.

That's my story, I'm only telling it I'm NOT asking for advice of how to get rid of them. If I really wanted him to leave I would've told him by now.

Hopefully I will someday be more comfortable with him around, because I can feel him looking sometimes and its still not that pleasant to me.

Anyway that's it. I'm done now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gaarvaag, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
how do I contact them? Something touched my other arm yesterday, the thing keeps bugging me now I'm freaked. Even at my gmas house wow theses ghosts are persistant.
Fred_Figglehorn_fan (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Hmmm I'll look it up on nintendo's website any mines about 3 years old and has not done anything like that so it must be a ghost I would contact TAPS (ghost hunters that have a show on si-fi)
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Even if I did drop it, it would land safely on carpet, Something just touched my arm? What the? Anyways its not too old maybe like a year and a half? I don't know maybe its him but then again it might be bad connection or something. 😨 😆 😐
Fred_Figglehorn_fan (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
have you dropped the remote and how old is the remote it might be a ghost
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
not really but my ghost controls my nunchuk somehow and its gotten to the point I'm convinced I gotta get another remote. I love that game so much and I plan on moving my wii console to the living room since my room creeps me out.
Fred_Figglehorn_fan (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Emrald Angel: I love AC:city folk too! Does the nunchuck move when this happens?
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
I believe my ghost does the same thing, messing with my video games, my nintendo wii I'm playing a game like Animal crossing city folk (its so addicting!) out of nowhere my character will start walking in a random direction and will only stop if I undo the nunchuk. Maybe my remote is crazy but I think that's the answer to why it does that, it pisses me off! And does so even for a friend. Katherine
TheSorrow (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
Wow. I have experienced this exact story... So has my friend. I was sleeping over my friends house 2 weeks ago... He has around 4 ghosts. A girl by the age of 12. An old man. A younger girl around the age of 9. And a young adult male in his 20's. My friend said that the small family has been haunting him for around 3 years. And he spoke about it to me. When we went to bed which was at 2 am at night, I couldn't sleep because I was frightened. The young adult was sitting on my friends chair watching me while I was lying down. Then I felt something hug me and my friend was asleep but he said that the 12 year old liked me. I freaked out and I was frozen stiff. The young adult was aggressive to my friends elder brother for around 3 weeks but he gave up on him. He is now haunting my friend.
gaarvaag (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Hehe, well that is a bit different to what happened to me, you know how it shuffles through the screen when you press the right trigger? Thats what it did. Never happened before or since.

To be honest though the radio turning on during that movie was a lot harder to explain.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
I kind of have the same problem I feel comfort but I still get creeped out when they get close or stare.

I had my xbox 360 do something like that I had my 360 on a game but I was on my computer which is literally right next to my tv and the guy started walking but really slow like when you just barely move the joy stick but I think it was just that my joy stick was webbed or something
gaarvaag (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Thank you for your concern Zander but I am aware of the causes of my depression. I can say for sure that my invisible friend is not the cause of it.

Maybe I'll get that book you mentioned.

Anyway thanks to the both of you for taking interest in my story and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Gaarvaag
Zander (7 stories) (141 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Very well written story. Enjoyed reading it. Quiet believable.

Have you ever heard of a book called the "Unquiet Dead?" You may find it interesting.

Now I'm sorry to bore you with one last cliche but you may want to consider a sort of which came first, the chicken or the egg in your state. Entities can cause depressive states and even make their wishes seem to be our own. Just be sure, is all I will say.

Best regards.
pipsta (12 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Very interesting story. Thanks for sharing =)

I do believe that your hooded ghost although mischeivous is a well intended spirit, sort of like a nice guy with a sense of humor.
I hope with time that you can learn to accept your mischeivous ghost and enjoy his company.

=)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: