You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Glass Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Glass Girl

 

I've had countless encounters with the unknown in my 16 years of life. This was my first one. I vaguely remember this encounter but fortunately my mother agreed to fill me in on the details, for she claims it "scared the bujeezas" out of her. So, here it is:

I was 8 years old. A very average little girl in my opinion. One morning, I woke up to get ready for school. It was a usual morning. I took a shower, got dressed and ate breakfast. I went into the bathroom to fix my ponytail- as I did everyday. (I have a very large mirror above my bathroom sink) I stood in front of the mirror, pulling my hair back into a ponytail. As I was about to tie it with the hair bows, I saw her. She seemed to appear instantly, right beside me. She was a small girl, looked to be around my age at the time. She was extremely pail with patchy black hair that seemed to be only tufts on her head. She had a straight face- completely emotionless.

I did nothing. Of course I was terrified, yet I just stared in shock. A single drop of blood came from her eye and rolled down her pail cheek. It hit the floor. I blinked and she was gone. I remember standing there, not moving, for what seemed to be hours. After a while, I looked down and the blood drop was on the white bathroom floor tile. I crouched down to look: it was just blood. It seemed like normal blood. I began crying and ran to my mother. She says that I said "Mommy! (Still crying) There was a girl in the bathroom! She cried blood and it's still on the floor. Come look!" we went to the bathroom and the drop of blood was gone.

My mother believed it was all in my head. But, I know it wasn't. I had several more encounters with the girl in the same bathroom. Watching me fix my hair. Sometimes she would try to mimic what I was doing. She would try to pull her short patches of hair into pigtails. She would always disappear quickly (like the first encounter). I always referred to her as the "Glass Girl" I tried to talk to her, but she didn't say anything- ever.

I haven't seen her in over 7 years. To this day I wonder: Who was the Glass Girl?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cameron_Chaos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

purplepiggie (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
It sounds like she was sick in life, like maybe cancer or something, and her sadness over loosing her hair caused her to watch you fix yours. Sounds like she was just mourning her own loss. Poor thing!
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-21)
If it's a residual haunt, it would have done the same thing over and over. It would not explain the fact that the 'Glass Girl' will mimic Cameron when she is pulling her hair into a ponytail.
GhostFreak1234 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
Thanks for sharing this story! I wonder who the glass girl was? I have never heard of a ghost cry blood before!
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
This is very interesting and mind bobbling and thanks for sharing this storey
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
lovley storey Cameron id say this little girl was just a lost spirit. I definetley wouldent say you imagined it as you had several encounters thanks for shareing it with us take care...

Troyarn.
Just because somebody is young dosent say that they imagine a paranormal event and after all she did have several encounters...
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
First of all, I'd like to say thank you for sharing your story.

Second of all, I'd like to say that the little girl mostlikely was a residual haunt. That is why you never got an answer out of her. However, the fact of her trying to mimic you is interesting. It throws the residual haunt theory out the door.

If you believe it, then don't worry about your mother's opinion of it. You aren't crazy, this stuff does really happen.

Thank you for sharing the memory😁
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
No offense, but this seems to be something you imagined. You were very young after all.
Vellyth1990 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Is the house you lived in pre-owned? Possibly she could just have something to do with the mirror? Did you look to your side and see her there, or just her through the mirror? And are you the only one to have seen her? I've never seen a ghost cry blood, only tears. Sorry I have lots of questions lol,it's interesting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: