You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Reflection In The Glass

Real Ghost Stories

Reflection In The Glass

 

This is an incident that both my cousin whom I'll call "N" and I experienced one night.

We both worked for the same company and same shop, One of the leading fresh produce franchise's in South Africa.

Since we both worked together "N" would always come over and stay at my place and we would travel by bus to and from work. One such evening we had finished work and headed home, we got onto the bus and took a seat behind a lady, so we were talking about the day and also checking our phones and catching up with our social media friends, we were nearing our stop (ironically ours was the last stop) when suddenly "N" nudges me and tells me to look at the reflection on the bus glass of the lady sitting infront of us, he looked clearly freaked out. The reflection of the lady on the glass was not what she looked like in person! I remember clearly she was fairer in complexion and had straight brown hair. The reflection on the glass had blonde hair that was braided and her complexion was darker. Not to mention she had a weird looking face. Like a zombie or something unearthly. Thankfully we had to jump out and we both ran out as fast as we could and did not stop to look back at what it was. This is something that "N" and I always bring up, right until this day we cannot find a valid explanation as to who or what that thing was, we both had witnessed it and also the bus was well lit there was no way two of us could have been hallucinating at the same time, For all we know it could have been a ghost or a spirit and we had sat directly behind it.

Other hauntings by Rajine

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rajine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+1
2 years ago (2022-08-23)
TheFinalGhostHunter, you're new, so I'm cutting you a bit of slack. Of your 6 comments, five were insulting. That is against the Comment Guidelines. We expect a level of maturity. You are not displaying that. You'll find most of your comments have been deleted. It seems you are intent on stirring the pot, and that will not stand. Play nice or go elsewhere.

This comment from TheFinalGhostHunter is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Rajine (14 stories) (769 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-30)
Hi everyone have been very busy. Just got on now after a long time. I am a 100% sure that it was that one lady. Simply because I have this habit of looking at every passenger that leaves and gets on. Its been a habit since forever.
Bee_Beans (6 stories) (41 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-01-10)
Hi Rajine

Is it not possible that what you saw was a double reflection of sorts? Somehow two different reflections can reflect in the same piece of glass and become very distorted (I've seen it before and got a heck of a fright before figuring out what was going on). Maybe you were seeing her reflection and the reflection of another passenger at the same time? That could lead to a distorted and 'wrong' appearance. I could be completely wrong. It's just a thought.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-21)
It's not really relevant but the line from the first 'Pirates of the Caribbean' keeps popping to mind: "Moonlight shows us for what we truly are." I wonder if it was something like that... The reflection stripped away her subterfuge showing you her true self... Whatever that was...

In many cultures 'evil spirits' shy away from mirrors because they are repulsed by their own ugliness. Though, in just as many it seems, mirrors are seen as portals for them... I suppose both could be true provided the entity never looks back after crawling out. It would have been interesting to see whether the 'woman' ever looked up at her reflection.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-20)
Too bad you didn't look back, you may have found the reflection did match the person. The first woman may have gotten off while you were preoccupied, and the woman in the reflection could have been handicapped or injured.
Hexotericka (6 stories) (45 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-20)
Greetings, fellow South African.
I'm sure that was a pretty creepy experience!
Just a theory: perhaps the person in front of you was just a normal, living human being, and the reflection may, for some strange reason, have been a 'recording' of someone who sat there before, leaving some kind of imprint that you and your cousin were just (un) fortunately able to see at that moment. I know it may seem a bit out there, but this was what popped into my head the first time I read your account. There have been several stories of people seeing past events replay in mirrors, so I wonder if that wouldn't also count for other reflective surfaces? Just a thought. I could be very wrong indeed. A very interesting account nonetheless.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-20)
Rajine, thanks for sharing your experience! I definitely have absolutely no explanation for what you saw! It is so creepy!

Absolutely, I am adding this story to my favorites! It raises so many questions and it is so bizarre! True horror story!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-19)
"Thankfully we had to jump out and we both ran out as fast as we could and did not stop to look back at what it was."

Did you jump from out trough a window or did you run to the door? Was the bus still moving? What was the driver's reaction towards yours and your cousin's behavior?
None of these questions may be relevant to your experience but, I would like to be sure that nobody got hurt. 😐

Did you ever have a chance to talk to the bus driver about your experience and to ask if he has ever seen this woman boarding and/or getting off the bus?

Anyway, that sure was creepy.
Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: