You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Other Mom

Real Ghost Stories

The Other Mom

 

When I was a child, probably about 5, we were living in this old house in a small Ontario town called Geraldton. I'm not sure how old the house is and who lived there before us but I think this house dates back when mining was popular in Geraldton.

One morning me and my identical twin sister were in the living room playing with some things on the shelf. I think my mom was at work and our older sister was in her room sleeping. We were in the living room with our backs facing the doorway out of the living room. At the same time, we stopped dead, turned around and saw a face peeking out from the doorway... It had white hair, white face and black eyes... Then it disappeared. We went to see if it was our older sister playing a joke on us but she was still sleeping.

Another time I got home from kindergarten (I went in the morning and my twin went in the afternoon) my mom was in the kitchen cooking lunch and I was in my room brushing my hair and I heard this loud breathing in my right ear, it scared the crap out of me! I ran to my mom and she told me that I was just hearing things. Also, one time I heard dragging in my room and saw a white gloved hand come out of my dresser mirror! Other weird things that would happen are that in the middle of the night all the taps, faucets in the house would turn on full blast and wake everyone in the house. My older sister saw red eyes in her closet and a shadow floating around her room and it would hide behind a hanging plant that hung from the ceiling.

Many years later, after we moved out, a few people we knew lived there and told us about their experiences in the house. One guy said that he was in my older sister's room and saw the red eyes and heard a voice saying that "it" was going to cut his hair... (He had very long hair)

A family moved in there after they moved out (our old babysitter when we were kids) We saw her at the bar and she told us that her kids would see an old lady with white hair and her kids called her their other mom.

Other hauntings by sshields

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sshields, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RiOT597 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
I find it strange how you remember this all despite the fact you were only 5 years old at the time. Even if you do remember it I think because of your age you wouldn't remember it in such great detail because of your age, like I said before. Anyways, it was a good story. Enjoyed reading it. 😊
And for the red-eyed ghost thing, I think it has quite the sense of humor saying it was going to cut that guys hair. 😆
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Nephele, why do you feel that way? And how old are you? I'm plainly curious and not trying to pry. If I can be of any help, I wouldn't mind listening to your problems, my friends call me a good listener so I don't mind and if its too personal, I'll understand, I'm twelve after all but that's not important, Katherine.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
this story scared me quite a bit. Haha I don't want to read anymore ghost stories Dx
Why would she be white with black eyes?
Why would there be a dragging sound and a hand in the MIRROR?
Why would you hear breathing in your ear?
It doesn't help that I feel down and lost and alone lately and I'm alone in the house haha
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-20)
Hi sshields your other friends having seen the same old lady and the other occurences confirms you where not imagining things, the way you described her sounds quite freaky specially how she peeks around the corner that seems to be a frequent occurence in hauntings. There is obviously a lot of history attached to this house and some things have not moved on.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Ringofskill120 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-20)
I agree with reneespring. Rockstar, you could be saying the same thing about yourself. Not trying to be offensive or anything. Yea little kids do have imagination but it could be true. Nothing against you at all rockstar:).
reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
rockstar09 -what do you mean these things could not really happen? Things just as weird happened to you, I read your stories!
rockstar09 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Oh well don't take this offensively, but I don't really think that could really happen You might have just imagined it after all you were only 5, but that's just my opinion, if it really did, excuse me I'm just giving my own opinion about it. Thanks for sharing
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
I've heard of haunts, thought to be demonic, that take years to manifest malevolent. They don't seem to be in a hurry.
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Very interesting story. I have no doubts that it is comepletely true.

I think the red eyes are simply a mad spirit, nothing evil because from what you have said, it did nothing to harm you. If it had been evil, it would have done something. I have yet to hear of a demonic haunt where no one is hurt.

Thanks for sharing the memory.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: