You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Scariest Thing that Would Ever Happen to You

Real Ghost Stories

The Scariest Thing that Would Ever Happen to You

 

We had just woken up on a saturday morning. We were sitting in our beds, Maggi on the right, and Brittany on another mattress right next to Maggi on the left. Maggi's back was facing the closet door and Brittany was facing it. Brittany had to go to the bathroom really bad, but when she was about to open the door she heard scratches on the other side, and said "Maggi knock it off". Brittany opened the door and she felt heavy and weasy, as she walked into Maggi's room, Maggi was still sleeping and then Brittany woke her up and screamed "You will NOT believe what had just happened to me". Brittany explained Maggi the story and all of a sudden they were joking about it, saying that it was just your imagination and that she shouldn't get freaked out by a little scratch that could have been anything.

Then all of a sudden, Maggi popped up and started breathing heavily looking at the stairs and looking at me repetitively, then it got silent and I heard the footsteps coming up the main stairs. It had gotten louder and louder each step it took. After about 2 minutes the walking had stopped. We started talking about weird things that we have experienced in the past, all of a sudden her closet door knob turned rapidly, then stopped. While Maggi's back was facing the door, I saw the door open, I screamed and I could barely hear Maggi talking to me because of my big gasps for breath. After I screamed, Maggi jumped on me and we booked it down stairs, where we both had a glass of cold water, and found us writing this right here. That's the scariest thing that would EVER happen to you, remember don't mess around with these things because you will never know what will happen to you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
This is a very confusing story, just don't make much sense to me. The story goes along smoothly and then, its like it's just gone. Without saying anything to make the reader believe this could be true... Just confusing...
reneespring (148 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
I do not believe this story... It is written in a confusing, unrealistic way. You could not hear someone talking to you because of your gasps? No way that can happen. I really think you made this up. No offense.
PanasonicYouth (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
I agree with Brokie, I'm not trying to be cruel, but your style of writing makes this very hard for me to understand!
Brookie17 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
Very confusing. What exactly happened to you? A door opened? Your dog was actually making the scratching noises? Your parents came upstairs to see what was the matter?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Hmmmm, it is frightening when you have a paranormal encounter, but there are far worse things than these. I think you simply had a paranormal visitor.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
wow sounds freaky LoL can't believe she jumped on you LOL I have heard a girl's voice and she made a bang that happened just last week and I have seen 3 ghosts. All happened this year.
I enjoyed reading your story. 😊
bossymiss (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
i think it would be realy scary I would try and talk to it and tell it to go away ad tell it that it is not welcome there 😊 😳 😕
Shadows (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
Things can be MUCH more frightening than this. I have experianced things more terrifying than footsteps and a closet doorknob spinning rapidly. It only seems like the scariest because it's one of your first ghost encounters.
theTRU1 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-25)
sounds really scary I had a few of those moments don't look back you never know what will be there :)
Remy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-21)
u tell me I would love that to happen to me cause I had more than you would ever ever have and now iam use to it so I just tell what ever it is and tell the thing to shut up easy as that. And that's true believe me its true
Damo (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-25)
that had to be the worst story ever but don't get me wrong I believe in ghosts i've had scarier things happen to me like for instance I became friend with this girl and we were talking about gohsts and that and I left the room & when I went back in she was gone and my house is very big & I have never seen her since
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-02-11)
It's always the scariest thing when it actually happens to you, but I agree, it's not the scariest story, by far. I think "15 Years of Terror" is one of the best.
jessy (6 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-11)
yeah, thats scary, but its not the "scariest thing that would ever happen to you". Read some other stories.
Jake (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-04)
Dude thats would suck hope things kind of things dont happen to me
anna (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-18)
wow sounds scaier than my experince I hope it never happens to me

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: