You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Nightover...more Like Worst Night Ever

Real Ghost Stories

Nightover...more Like Worst Night Ever

 

Hey guys, this is my first time writing a story so bear with me. This particular incident happened when I had just graduated and was staying with my cousins at their spacious bungalow in Pune. I have three maternal cousin sisters who are younger than me.

We decided to have a girls night out at one of our common friend's house. Her house was just a one lane beside our home. We all decided to watch a scary movie that night. Her mom was very gracious and made some snacks for us all. We bought cold drinks, chips and what not. Let's say we were planning to have a hell of a night.

Our friend has a huge house. We put our stuff in her guest room, which was really huge. One thing about this room though, it had two entrances, one from the hall on the front which had a door and another which led directly to a staircase descending to the ground floor where her grandparents lived.

Now, this particular friend of ours shared a couple of paranormal experiences of hers with me. She told me that she used to hear a slight murmur like a group of people were talking to each other, just outside her bedroom late at night. It would be loud enough to wake her up from her sleep. She told me that it was like they were standing just near her window and talking about something. She could never make out what they were saying and would never find anyone there. This kept on happening to her on almost daily basis. I comforted her and told her keep a small photo of lord Hanuman under her pillow which she did and the occurrences ceased since then. So coming back to my story, we were there in her guest room, which for some reason, I did not feel quite safe to be in. I had a constant feeling like we were being watched and was sensing some hatred and anger projected towards us, like we were not welcome there.

After watching this scary movie, we chit chatted for some time and decided to go to bed. Mind you, there were five of us, me, my three sisters and this friend. We lay the mattresses close to each other and slept besides one another. The thing was there was that backside doorway opposite to me and it had no door. There was a small bulb that illuminated the room just enough that we could make out outlines of each other's faces.

That night, I had a dream in which I was wandering around in this big open ground which had some weird symbols drawn on it, scattered with bones, blood and all sorts of nasty things. I heard a murmur of people coming from behind me. I turned around to see, five figures who were covered in some sort of dark robe, couldn't see their faces. They were sitting in a circle and chanting something and there was a small goat in the middle of the circle with its all fours tied-up. Suddenly, they stopped chanting and one of them drew out a sharp dagger and slit the poor thing's throat. At this time, I was completely taken aback, I could not move. It was like I was glued to that spot. All of a sudden, these figures turned their faces slowly towards me. This was when I saw them clearly... Completely white eyes with no pupils, pale white faces and horrible creepy smiles with sharp teeth. At this point, they started advancing towards me, I tried my best to move... Gathered all my strength and luckily could run. I started chanting name of lord Hanuman as I was being chased by these things. All of a sudden, I woke up. Never was I so grateful of waking up like I was now. I looked at the clock and it was 3:13 AM. I was so scared to sleep the rest of the night but kept it low as I did not wanted to wake the rest of them up.

The next morning, I told my friend about my nightmare. Her face just turned pale, as she also had the same nightmare once but did not take it seriously. She also told me that once while she was heading for washroom at the night, she caught a glimpse of a dark hooded figure from the corner of her eye. But there was no one, when she turned to confirm what she had seen. We both suspected that the place on which her house was built was used for these dark magic rituals and sacrifices and the negative energies created by the whole deal were still lurking around. Needless to say there was no second night out at her place.

Other hauntings by Orora99

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Orora99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Orora99 (2 stories) (14 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-11)
[at] sds,
My friend had the exact same dream. That's why she was so shocked when I told her my nightmare.
Orora99 (2 stories) (14 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-11)
Hello sds,
Thanks for reading my experience. My friend had that nightmare when she was sleeping in her own room. She always had weird experiences in her own room especially at night like the one's I have mentioned in my submission. I have not spoken to her or her family in many years. So I do not know if they are having any paranormal activity going on in their house. I have written and submitted my second standalone experience to YGS, I hope they approve and publish it soon. Till then regards...Orora.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-05-11)
Hello Orora, thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS.

We generally get affected if we see scary movies and more so when we see it in the night and we do get dreams, which would be scary or uncomfortable. I felt that your dream was because of your seeing the scary movie.

But when you said that your friend had the same nightmare a few days before yours, then I thought it was different and still think that way.

Did she say that she had similar kind of dream or the same dream? Secondly, did you ask her where she slept when she had the dream?

Your friend might be abroad but do her parents live in the same house even now? Why I am asking is that if there is any negative or malicious entity in the house and if they don't do any protective cleansing or rituals, the entity will definitely show itself in its activities. If you happen to know about any such activity, please do share.

Looking forward to hearing your other standalone paranormalexperiences.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Orora99 (2 stories) (14 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-04)
Hello sugarANDspice,
We watched "Raat". It's an Indian horror movie... We decided to go old school. It was one of the best horror films I've ever watched. But never have I ever had or still have any nightmares after watching horror stories... This was something new for me too.

Regards,
Orora99
sugarANDspice (19 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-03)
Oh, this is so scary! I like watching horror movies but not before going to bed because they give me nightmares.đŸ˜±
What show did you watch?

S&s ❀
Orora99 (2 stories) (14 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-03)
Hello ishan,

Regarding "Did you ask any other of your friends whether any of your other friends experience any thing that night?" Well, the others were my cousin sisters and no, none of them had any of such experiences.

Regarding, " Your friend who lives there told she also had same nightmare. Did she say anything like the voices she used to hear outside her room were same or different from the voices in the dream?" I too thought of that initially but she doubts that they were the same but we agreed on the same thing that whatever lingers in her house is somehow connected to what we saw in the dream. As I mentioned earlier, I am not in touch with her at the time.

Regarding, "Did you ever had any experience other than the event you described, or was it the standalone event? I'm asking this because if it was only a standalone event and your never experienced any other paranormal/ abnormal/ unexplained event, why only experienced this?" The thing is I am a very spiritual person and a sensitive one too if that matters. Paranormal has attracted to me since I was a child... There are many other standalone experiences I've had other the one mentioned here. I will be sharing them soon. Regards...Orora.
ishan (1 stories) (36 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-02)
Hi Alina5,
The line she mentioned in the story and you also quoted
"The thing was that there was this backside doorway opposite to me which had no door"
I find it to be a bit discomforting and odd rather than viewing it from a dangerous point of view.
Why I'm saying this is because OP mentioned her friend has a house and they belong to upper higher class so mostly it'll be a two story independent house rather than a apartment. So, staircase would be opening inside the house at ground floor, where her grandparents would be living. Just my two cents.

[at] Orora:
Hey Orora. Hope you're doing well. Welcome to YGS.
It was a very scary story indeed. It must have been very brave on your part to have such a nightmare, and not wake up all others. If I would've been in your place, I would've done that in the first place and ran from there.
I have few questions if you can answer:

> Did you ask any other of your friends whether any of your other friends experience any thing that night?

> Your friend who lives there told she also had same nightmare. Did she say anything like the voices she used to hear outside her room were same or different from the voices in the dream?

> Did you ever had any experience other than the event you described, or was it the standalone event? I'm asking this because if it was only a standalone event and your never experienced any other paranormal/ abnormal/ unexplained event, why only experienced this?

Looking forward for your reply.

God bless you.

Ishan.
Orora99 (2 stories) (14 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-02)
Hello silverthane61,

Thanks for reading my experience and extending your well wishes. Have a great day ahead!

Regards,
Orora
Orora99 (2 stories) (14 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-02)
Hello Lealeigh,
The friend in the question here luckily does not live in that house anymore. She stays abroad for further studies. But per knowledge, her parents and grandparents still do live in that house.

Regards,
Orora.
Orora99 (2 stories) (14 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-02)
Hello Alina5
Thanks for reading my experience; I won't call it a story because this really did happen to me.

Regarding, "That night I had a dream I was wandering around some big open ground,"

"Did the open ground resembled much to the area surrounding the house?"

I must say that I do not remember the area-wise details of the ground in that nightmare, as everything happened so fast. But, looking back, I must note that the sinister surroundings of that place gave me the same feeling of discomfort which I experienced as soon as I entered her house. Regards...Orora.
Orora99 (2 stories) (14 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-02)
Hello Chin2Raval,
Thanks for reading my experience. I am not in much contact with this friend of mine as she stays abroad these days for further studies. I did however, tell her to narrate this whole ordeal to her parents to which she denied, as her mother once dismissed her by saying she might be hallucinating. Overall, this family belongs to a higher upper class. They do not even have a puja ghar in their home, which most of us Hindus have. Not that this is any of my business, but these folks were surely not the one's to believe these occurrences. I hope my friend is doing well these days. Regards, Orora 😊
Chin2Raval (1 stories) (23 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-01)
Dear Orora99,

Welcome to YGS!

First of all I am glad that all girls were safe.
Your naration is great and I loved and Enjoyed the story very much.

Ok so coming to the point...

When your friend had this dream and you asked her to keep photo of Lord Hanuman, It was a great call. Really appreciate that.

As you both got the same dream about Black Magic Ceremony, I understand what you have been through. And also in dream you took lord's name. Trust me same thing happens with me whenever I get these kind of dreams.

It simply means that we are still connected with the Higher Order.

See, if that place was supposed to use for the Black Magic and Ceremony, ofcourse there will be these kind of neusance will pop up.

I believe your friend cannot change the house just like that, but she can atlead create a barrier for safety.

Ask her to keep the atmosphere clean and positive with frangrence sticks, holy chants and hyms. As we are from India we know the power of Mantras. So keep the Hanuman Chalisa Played on over the 24hrs Loop Mode on those little Mantra Machines.

Also do chant Mahamrityunjay Mantra and Gayatri Mantra.

If possible ask your friend to go for Bhoomi Poojan to clean the ground or any other necessary holy rituals.

Again there is no power is greater than God.

So, please be safe and believe in his powers.

Other Views, Opinions, Comments are Heartly Welcome Always Welcome

God Bless!

Thank You
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-01)
Hello Orona,

It was a terrifying experience indeed, atleast the one to have when you've decided to enjoy the night out.

"The thing was that there was this backside doorway opposite to me which had no door"

So, I assume that with the small bulb lit you could atleast visualise a rather small portion of the backyard as well. I don't believe it is safe to not have a door to a bedroom subjected to the house's open ground. Rather than paranormal activities your friend's house can be prone to burgalry and stuff.

"That night I had a dream I was wandering around some big open ground,"

Did the open ground resembled much to the area surrounding the house?

Since, you've stated that her house was probably used for black magic and such dark crafts then, it is not wrong to admit that the negative energies still persist there and your friend's bedroom is a hot spot area for their activities because of the " no door"
System.

I don't presume it as a real entity but the persistence of energies trying to make the image of the existence of one. If there were to be such entity present they would have probably tried to cause some harm.

However, my judgement lacks surety. Don't take my word for it.

Overall interesting read.

Thanks for sharing

Peace
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-01)
I believe that inimical spirits often attempt to violate our souls through our dreams. Where they get the power and will to do such a thing has always made me wonder. Your instincts of not allowing such a thing to happen again by not going back to that room are probably founded in good sense. I agree with it.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-01)
Hello Orora and welcome to YGS,

I can agree with your apprehension about sleeping in a room that was set up in that way. A staircase, in the room, that leads to another apartment (though it belonged to your friend's grandparents) would make me feel like I was trying to sleep in a place that was "exposed".

I don't know what to say about you and your friend both having the same nightmare - on different nights, in the same house; but I would like to point a wonderful detail out (it is wonderful to me, at least). Many times, in dreams, things happen because we expect them to and many people persist in having terrifying nightmares because they are fearful of worst case scenarios and may be pessimistic people in waking life. I think that a beautiful thing that shines out in your dream is your faith. You chanted the name of Lord Hanuman and everything was okay.

Does your friend still live in the house?

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: