You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Tennis House in Mount Street

Real Ghost Stories

Tennis House in Mount Street

 

When I was 2 years old, my family and I lived in an old house in Kew, Victoria. It had 2 tennis courts and we lived at the house rent free as it was given to my mother for getting the job as caretaker of the local church (I can't remember events personally but these happenings are what my family members have encountered in the 2 years we lived there). Right from the beginning, things started to go weird, you would always hear tennis balls on the court when no one was there. One night, a shelf in the hall way had been thrown over and down the hallway. The room my parents put me in was always cold and I always screamed and when mum would come to get me I would be abnormally cold. That room eventually became the spare room where family visitors would stay. My cousin complained of the bed shaking, my aunt woke in the morning to find a lump on her head and my other aunt woke in the middle of the night screaming that she saw a green colored man at the foot of her bed. My dad had strong vibes not to go into the room and when he eventually did, his newspapers would be thrown everywhere. There's more to tell but no room left. Can anyone shed some light on this house at all. Very curious to know what happened there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, treanibean, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Hello treanibean,
I would seem that you shared this home with someone who in life loved it and that person was letting your family know that they were still there. I do not know anything about green colored specters, but it sounds as if a very uncomfortable presence was in that room. I am glad that there was enough space that the room could be turned into a guest room. Though, the guests may not think the same thing.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
I suppose your presence in a place where a spirit considers its own, either because it symbolises its attachment to this world or because it is the only familiar setting in contrast to a world we barely know(the spiritual) should discourage you from wanting to share it. I mean, we are told that those who die transcent to another sphere but who's to tell that the dead do not exist in a parallel universe or even in our very own but, lacking matter, we fail to see them. And then again, who's to reassure us that whoever dies accepts his destiny without a fight! In short, if I was in your shoes I would think twice before I insisting on sharing the same space with someone who so clearly claims it as their own.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-12)
Hey Martin, thanks, I really feel touched. I stopped using it after a while because I was going through a lot and then we cancelled the internet for a while so I really didn't have that much time but I'm back now and I do hope that I stay too. But thanks again.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
Nice to see you back, Janice, it's been a while. Hope you'll stay this time ;)
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-11)
Hey Katrina, I know how you feel. It is very creepy to know that you have a spirit or something else in your house (or the spirit's former home) besides you or your family, but very common. Well, do you if anyone else lives there now? Do you still visit it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: