You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Voices From Beyond

Real Ghost Stories

Voices From Beyond

 

My name is Joshua Tinkham and I'm a paranormal investigator and recently went to sugar tree grove cemetery in Monmouth Illinois, there is a a local legend of a haunt about a native American who was buried there with no name on his grave stone.

The settlers of Monmouth killed the native American after he supposedly scalped one of the local farmers after a dispute they'd had. (Monmouth is the birth place of Wyatt Earp) I don't know if maybe he was part of this legend or not but it would be interesting to find out.

Voices From Beyond 1

Voices From Beyond 2

Anyways there is a tombstone for the native American in the south east corner of the cemetery. It simply states (Illinois Indian he too is a son of Abraham). People report hearing chanting and yelping there. I went there with a digital camera and a digital voice recorder to do e.v.p.'s and take some photos.

I did a series of recordings and snapshots and was there about an hour, I did hear a lot of audible noises and heard what I thought to be drums and bone chimes, at that same moment it got really cold and there was a low lying fog that came across the ground, and the wind picked up and was gusting, but strangely it didn't affect the fog.

I could see my breath that's how cold it got mind you, it was about 70 degrees when I first arrived there, and as quickly as it started it all stopped just the same. I was a little startled at the fact but I was trying to keep an open mind and thought maybe it was some weather phenomena.

That thought changed when I went home and listened to the recorder on it was no sound of an Indian but of a little girl, you can hear her over the wind in the recording. I plan to do a further investigation there in the near future.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostCrowParanormalSociety, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SugarIce85 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Wow that's great, what was the little girl saying?
I have to agree with Kamui it would be great if we could hear your recordings.
Look forward to reading more of your stories
Take Care H x
bayouboy (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Do you get nervous when you listen to evps after hearing something you didn't expect?

I'm just curious.
badtay16 (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Wow that would be amazing!... Yes have to agree with kamui it would be great to share the recordings with us!

Taylor 😊
davidpvtmouse (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
What exactly is the little girl saying that you can hear on the evp?
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
it would be great if you could share your recordings with us. And we are looking forward for more in your further investigations. Just take care always

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: