You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Penny's Other Boys

Real Ghost Stories

Penny's Other Boys

 

Once again, I am back to fill you in on some of the goings on. I have been itching to tell these two stories about my guardians (Riku and Dimitri), and I'm glad the submission pages are open so that I can do just that.

My two guardians are very different. Riku is vocal and a bit on the sarcastic side (possibly because of my personality; I'm usually very sarcastic at home, and I've read that guardians should mirror your personality, or be very similar, to be able to relate to you better), and Dimitri rarely speaks, instead giving me more premonitions than verbal advice. I can tell there are two of them, because they just FEEL different. The way they approach me, and how I sense them, it's like my brain goes, "Dimitri" or "Riku", like a breath of fresh air and happiness, the same way I can recognize Fred.

Penny's Other Boys

My first story is going to be one of Dimitri. I'm going to point out a couple things; I know what Dimitri looks like. I have several drawings of him that I've done, in different art styles, but it's always the same. He's the only thing I can draw the same each time, and the only thing I can draw that you can recognize it in any of my styles of drawing. I will get a picture of him up as soon as I can. Another not; he seems to be almost like an angel of death, or of at least warning. This story will tell you why I feel that, and why I draw him as the reaper (I'm not an overly morbid person, and I do not claim to be followed by death. Get that silly notion out of your heads, please.)

One day, a couple years ago now, my family and I were cleaning my house. (The very house that my ghost, Fred, resides in, actually!) My grandma had just called to tell us that her and my grandpa would be over for dinner, after my grandpa's doctor's appointment. He was having a colonoscopy done. In laments terms, he was getting his annual screening for butt-cancer done. I was thrilled - I love my grandparents. I got off the phone with them, told my dad, and my stepmom asked me if I would grab something from the main floor for her. I started walking down the stairs, and just fell to my knees on the landing in the middle of the staircase. It felt as if the wind had been knocked out of me, like I had collided with someone who was running up the stairs. I felt Dimitri a moment later, and could feel something was wrong, and that it had to do with my grandpa, and that he was in a rush to let me know. I started bawling, and I couldn't stop. My dad thought I'd fallen down the stairs and hurt myself, again, but he didn't understand why I was sitting on the stairs crying.

I had started hyperventilating by the time he got to the stair I was on, and he walked me down the remaining stairs into our kitchen, sat me down, and asked me what was going on. I remember just looking at him and sobbing that, "Something feels wrong." I couldn't even come out and say it was grandpa. I cried for two hours for no reason, then it stopped as suddenly as it had started, this time Dimitri was there again, but comforting me instead of panicking. About half an hour, my grandma called, bawling. The doctors had found a tumor forming in my grandfather's colon, and it had to be removed immediately. She would call us with updates. My dad and I just looked at each other when we found out, and I still get chills when I think about it.

PS: My grandpa has recovered fully, and he's just as silly and immature as always. I think Dimitri comforting me had meant to tell me that he would survive it. My grandpa has also not gone into remission; knock on wood, which is a good sign that they got the whole tumor.

Now Riku is an odd guardian that I can't quite figure out. I've never seen Riku, I don't know if it's male or female (I'm one of those people who labels everything 'male' if it's ambiguous - so sue me), but Riku is still the prominent guardian of the two - the one that guards me more from physical danger. I've fallen off things and should have broken my legs, only to end up with a twisted ankle and a bruise; been kicked, hard, in the ribs playing soccer and walked away without a scratch. This story is another one of those "why the heck wasn't it worse than that!?" stories that my family keeps asking me about, and how little damage actually occurred.

It was Stampede week in Calgary (that's where I live), and I was driving with my boyfriend from his house to my house. We live in opposite corners of the city; I was driving. We were going down a road called Crowchild Trail, and I could see, about 150ft. Away, that the pedestrian "walk" lights had turned to the blinking red hand of doom, indicating that the light I was approaching was going to go from green to yellow rather quickly which it did. I was at a full stop before it turned Red, because there was a cop waiting to go the other way, and he had stopped the same distance. I didn't want a ticket.

My boyfriend and I were chatting and laughing, and All of a sudden, I hear, mostly in my head, someone yell, "JORDAN! TURN!" All of a sudden, we get hit, hard from behind by something. I know I hit the steering wheel, and he hit the dashboard, and my foot came off the break, but my car didn't move. It was a very hard hit, when you look at the fact that we were stationary at the light, but to us, and we confirmed this with each other after I had calmed down, it felt like we were going through water. I started crying right away, trembling as we got out of the car to talk to the person who had rear-ended me. Keep in mind my car is this dinky little Plymouth Breeze.

The vehicle that hit me had been going 70km/h (she had sped up to go through the intersection), and obviously had not seen that I had stopped, and my brake lights were on and functioning (my dad's a mechanic. He checks EVERYTHING on my car, and it had just been in the week before, and he replaced my brake lights). The vehicle that hit me was also a massive GMC truck. There was no damage done to me or my boyfriend at ALL. No soreness, no bumps, no bruises. To my car? Very little - a bumper clip had broken, and there was a bit of a scratch in the paint. Absolutely NO other damage, which shouldn't have been the case - my little car should have crumpled.

Well, needless to say, I was in hysterics, so my boyfriend called my dad and told him what happened, got the other driver's information, and everything else for me. My dad examined my car top to bottom, and could not figure out why my car had not crumpled - it's what he does for a living; I trust him when he says that there's no logical explanation for those sorts of things. He replaced the clip that had broken, and sent me on my way. My boyfriend has hashed and re-hashed this, trying to figure out what slowed us down when we hit the steering wheel and dashboard, what stopped my car from ending up as scrap metal, and so has my Dad. We can't figure it out. My dad was the first to suggest the guardian theory, and looking back, it makes sense.

These are the two encounters with my Guardians that I remember the clearest, possibly because I couldn't and still cannot find a logical explanation for either of them. And please, once again, I request no talk of demons or me being psycho. I've woken up with a dove feather on my chest when I'm the only one at home. Sometimes I look at my shadow when walking, and there's three silhouettes merged into one (very disorienting, I tell you), and only one is me - the other two appear male/masculine, which I am not. I also feel that it is usually Riku that chases Fred off when he's been acting too out of line, but Dimitri has done it a time or two. It's hard to explain how I know which one is which by their presences, and I'm sorry for that. I can just... Tell.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read my stories, and much luck to you and yours in your haunted happenings.

Penny.

Other hauntings by Pendragon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pendragon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
Almost a year later - wanted to quickly update and say that Riku has become more chatty, and it's entertaining, and he gave himself a second name - Caine. Maybe now that I'm older, and I kept asking questions of him and Dimitri, he feels more confident in both himself and I.

Regards!
Penny ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
Well I know it looks like an anime character. I can't draw realism.;x I dream in cartoons, too, and that's usually when I see him. =/

Penny ❤
signup (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
The picture that you drew looks very nice, nice drawing skills, I do have to say, that the caracter you drew looks like an anime caracter.
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Penny - understandable and I know what you mean don't worry about how long it takes to add me on facebook I'm a very patient person and trust me you arent the only one with a scattered brain. Haha
All the best and thanks for the patience
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Aaron - I can't get on facebook at work. I'll try my hardest to remember to add you tonight. I may forget again though, so be patient with my scattered brain!

I have a work email too, but I'm afraid of getting fired due to using it too much... So I just use my gmail one, lol. Work email is a scary thing. Ugh.

Reply in your own good time - I don't mind!
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
that devious duo comment made me laugh out loud I'm sure my coworkers think I'm completely off my rocker now lol
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
ya its kind of lame but its a work email I just use that cause I check it all the time so its easier to get updates and what not that way I usually reply to them with my personal email but I don't get to check that much so if you want you can keep emailing on that one and I will respond either on here or with my personal email I also check my facebook at least once or twice a day so its pretty up to date as well
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
MCP - Oh, I know you would. I usually do. Just not when I get rear-ended by people who are stupid, and can't see that my brakes are indeed ON. Please, if you're going to drive a big truck, make sure you can see over the steering wheel. Not all teenager run yellow lights, some of us stop like we're supposed to.

Did I mention that she was from out of the city too? Bah.

I love having my devious duo around. 😆

Penny ❤
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
:) life is good isn't it? Lolz, I think I'd have a blast in your shoes:)
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Oooh, okay. Haha, I'm in Calgary. I was just wondering, lol. Thanks for letting me know. 😊 Your email rovider sounds stupid, not going to lie.

Penny ❤
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Hey Penny I noticed that you sent me an email wondering where I was just so you are aware I'm replying to it on here because my email won't allow me to respond to email addresses outside of its network you are free to try me on facebook if you can find me or you try this email which I will update into my profile stin_nar [at] hotmail.com just be aware that I can't check it very often so it may take a bit for me to answer an email you send to that one and to answer your question I am in ontario a couple hours outside of toronto
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
iSaeKaren, Haha, thanks! But you can't have these particular two; I'm rather fond of them. I'm sure you can get your own LIKE them though!

And thank you for your loving of my Fred. He's a bit of an idiot, but I think I'll keep him around. And I had submitted more stories, I'm just waiting for them to be published!

Happy reading!
Penny ❤
iSaeKaren (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Is it wrong that I want your guardians? Because they seem like such gentlemen!:) I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I'm jealous that you get to have kind spirits with you:) as well as a playful one (Fred).

I can't wait to read more! Your stories have interested me so much ever since I read the one about Fred! Haha.:)

Take care!
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Dan - You just made me literally "laugh out loud" with trhe way you signed off. My boss heer at work looked at me funny. I imagine they would have thought that.

I was about 15 when I played soccer; I think we were in division C in our city, out of 5 divisions (A, B, C, D, E), so we were kind of middle-of-the-road. We got to the finals, to go on to another tournament, and the coach switched out keepers, so I ended up playing the sweeper roll, and we lost the game. We didn't get to go to provincials, but hey - it was the experience that counted.

Soccer storries can be some of the most greusome. I've seen people get slide-tackled, and end up with shin bones in two pieces, wrists broken from being kicked... I always managed to avoid those things. Somehow. The worst injury I ever got while playing was a frozen ball to the quads, and the massive bruise it left. The coach on the other team wouldn't let us wear our track pants over our shorts; not even the keepers. I was livid. I had to sit out for the rest of the game because I couldn't walk. We won that game, though.

Thank god for guardians! WOOOOP!

Feel free to email me if you'd like to chat as well, Dan. I don't mind!

From the down-under party starter,
Penny ❤
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Haha! That's always good. *Smiles* You're welcome.

Ah it's rough, especially in goal, I bet they all thought you were some kind of untouchable robocop sort of keeper and probably were all scared of you after that. "Don't mess with Penny" Haha! You must be a good keeper mind, if you've been in tournments. I've got some horror stories from games in the past. It must always be handy to have your Guardians on stand by just incase.

Best wishes from your fellow partier down under, Dan.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Thumper - I forgot to adress the way of seeing the deck! I will be posting it online, one card at a time, as I finish them. Which could mean I'd get a couple done this weekend (I'm going out of town, and won't have much to do while gone).

... I just have to remember to write down who I need to draw.

Penny ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Thumper - I was lucky to be born artistic; neither of my parents are. I'm the odd-ball in the family, and I kind of like it. As for quick replies? At work, I'm on a computer all day, and at home, I have my own laptop. I'm always online.

Dan - I love reading your comments, they make me grin. Thank you for your well-wishes as well. My dad tried to be a jerk and pull a prank on me shortly after it happened, and I was not impressed - he got my cousin, who is a cop, to get her partner to try to scare me into thinking that the woman that hit me wanted to sue me because, I was brakeing "unsafely". When I found out it was a joke, I burst into tears.

And as for the football/soccer thing, yeah, it's a scary sport; moreso than many people realize. I played keeper, and never once ended up with anything worse than a sprained ankle, which I could still play on. In a tournament, I had gone down to save the ball, and I was curled over it, and this dimwit came and ran over my side, into my ribs, full speed. I was winded, but nothing was broken. Pretty sure my team was confused as to how I got back up and kept playing...

Penny ❤
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Wow Penny, you're very lucky to have two Guardians like this. I'm glad to hear that they keep you safe and that no harm came to you or your boyfriend in that car incident. (I was with my friend in his car only yesterday actually and he got reversed into at only about 5mph and he got worse than you guys got in car damage. Still driveable but the back was pretty knackered.)

I can level with you on the injuries thing as well. I should have broken my neck once during football (Soccer) I was making the tackle but something instinctively made me turn my head and adjust my position right at the last second before I went in, not common sense although I'm sure in heinze sight that had a part to play, but it's like something told me to. The guy went down looking for something and if I hadn't adjusted myself I think I probably would either be paralysed or even dead today. Your guardians must have an active role in your life.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Thumpersgirl (33 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Your tat sounds lovely, & very sweet too. Mine are also custom (& dedicated), but designed for me because I'm artistically impaired. That kind of ticks me off when people portray Pan as the devil. Just because he has horns! I'd love it if there was a way to see your custom deck. Ps- thx for being so prompt & thorough in responding to our posts & questions!
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Pinkzilla - Thank you; and congrats to you in your fight against cancer as well. It was a very scary time for my sisters and I, as our dad had to get checked as well. He was completely free of the cancer, but it was still scary.

I love tarot, and I give some good readings as well. I do have a Greek Mythology deck, but it's so heavily laden with Catholicism and Christianity, it's lost its roots in some of the best stories. It makes me very sad, if not for the sheer reason that they used Pan as the Devil card, when it, had they wanted to be true to the myths, should have been Dionysus. But that's me being nit-picky. Ah well.

Aaron - I will, eventually. I have a massive headache from arguing with that twit earlier. Ugh.

Penny ❤
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
oh by the way penny my email is never checked so if you want you can facebook me if you want to chat
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
First let me say how happy I am about your grandpa being in remission. Cancer is scary- I had cancer when I was in high school (that was a LONG time ago)...it's such a relief when it's all over.

Your tarot deck that you are designing sounds awesome. I also read Tarot... I collect decks but there is only one deck that I use for readings and they are crazy accurate. There are so many beautiful decks out there, but I don't think I've ever come across a deck on greek mythology...it's a great idea!

You are so lucky to have such wonderful guardians by your side. I know everyone has guardians by their side but it's rare to be able to sense them and communicate with them. You are truly blessed.

:0)
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Thank you, Aaron! I think it's neat that I found the names as well, but I think I like my names for them anyway; they don't seem to mind them, at any rate. I try to draw as often as I get inspired to do so, which hasn't been often lately, but I have been since starting my Tarot deck. It's a lot of fun.

And I don't know if I did or didn't - I don't really mind, haha. As long as I'm not being told, "REBUKE IN THE NAME OF THE SAVIOR AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED FROM THY DEMONS POSING AS ANGELS!" then I'm good. Gods those people drive me mental...

Penny ❤
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
im glad you made it out unscathed also I think its cool that you actually found out your guardians' names I'm sure that will only help you to come closer to them. How often do you draw just out of curiosity it happens to be a hobby of mine as well. The tattoo sounds nice. Enjoy your guardians you are truly blessed. By the way I'm not religious so please don't take the last comment as such
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Ambernsue - I don't know what you read, but I don't get wound up into hysterics because they show up or appear, it's usually the situation. I'm pretty sure most people either cry or get angry when they get into a car accident. I'm also rpetty sure that, when you have that instinctually gut feeling of something bad, and overwhelming sadness, you tend to cry as well.

You must have misread what I wrote, as I do not go into hysterics because of Riku and Dimitri, but rather the situations. I have embraced the two of them, and I enjoy their company.

Penny 😐
ambernsue (10 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Wow. I can see that you sense their presence, but you shouldn't get yourself worked up and in hysterics when things liek that happen. Instead-be grateful that you have (a) gardian (s) to watch over you. You should definitley keep record of the things that happen.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
My tattoo was for my grandmother - a claddagh - the irish symbol for love, loyalty and hope. Not really one for protection, haha. I designed it myself, which, I think, means more when you're getting a tattoo than to have someone else design it.

Maybe that's why my grandma stopped visiting me; she may have been happy that I got a tribute to her done in a very permanent way, out of love and respect. Who knows?

Penny ❤
Thumpersgirl (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
What did you get a tattoo of, btw? Do you think it has anything to do with it, or is it just a coinsidence? Ancient cultures used tattoos for healing, protection, etc., so is that the case here?
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Thats amazing that you were able to get out of that accident un-scratched and this Riku sounds cool. Hahaha I'm glad you weren't hurt, Katherine...
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Thumper - Haha, thanks. Yeah, Riku/Kutiel is odd like that. A bit special, one would say. And evil grannys suck. I hate those. I just have creepy grannys, though, so I'm not too worried. And yes, I love Greek Myth, and the Greek Gods. I'm agnostic, and believe more in Greek Myth than I do in Catholosism and Christianity, but those are for personal reasons, and huge insults to Pan that were put forth in those religions.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate (most) people of those religions, I just could not follow it myself.

Penny ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: