You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Ghostly Attacks?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Attacks?

 

I do not know if these descriptions are that of paranormal doing or extremely lifelike dreams.

The first time I experienced anything was in 2005. I was staying with my brother on the Isle of Wight at the time sleeping on his bedroom floor. On the night in question I had returned home after work at about 2am, and was enjoying a good night's sleep until I felt something on my back (I was lying on my stomach). This thing wasn't heavy, but it was there, I thought at first it was 1 of our cats. After a while I felt scratching on my back, it seemed to get deeper like it was clawing through the flesh, now distressed I tried to call my brother, no sound came out, this causing me to try to open my eyes and move but this was to no avail. When I eventually managed to open my eyes there was nothing. No cat in sight and doors and windows fully closed.

My second encounter came 4 years later, I had rented a flat in Livingston, West Lothian as I had moved there due to work. This time I was flat sharing with a friend. Again it happened at night after I had finished work. However this time it was no cat or animal. This was of a human figure. Again enjoying a good night's sleep when I felt someone lean over me and put their full weight on me. This being had the covers held tightly over my face and spoke these words 'move or try to call for help and your dead' I was frozen stiff, eyes open, next thing a felt a sharp stabbing pain in my face as if I had just been stabbed, I quickly managed to pull the covers from covering my face. Again... Nothing there.

I don't know if these have been dreams or if they have happened, however I now work in a hotel that has been proven to be haunted, and occasionally I feel a presence at which my head buzzes, I get disorientated and feel dizzy. All three of which occurred during the encounters described...

Can anyone shed some light?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, the_original_fallen_angel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
I agree with badjuujuu. It could be sleep paralysis or you were just tired from work and you dreamed of things that are unpleasant. Just a thought.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
Most likely you experienced sleep paralysis. When we sleep, our bodies release a chemical that holds our bodies still, so we won't act out our dreams and hurt ourselves or our bedmate. Sleep paralysis happens when your mind starts to wake up before your body. The chemical is still in the blood holding you still, and hallucinations are very common from still being somewhat under the influence of the dream state. Unless you actually had scratches or other physical evidence that something happened, it was likely an SP event. Scary, and very realistic, but not necessarily ghostly.
davidpvtmouse (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
when you woke up from the feeling of being stabbed was there anythign the matter with your face?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: