You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Something Tried To Attack My Son

Real Ghost Stories

Something Tried To Attack My Son

 

In 2012 when my son was a few months old, my hubby (let's call him R) and I lived in a granny flat detached but very closely situated to the main house. It was a tiny little flat with 1 bedroom (large enough for just a double bed and a shower for some reason), lounge big enough for a 2-seater couch and a PC which led to an open-plan kitchen and a separate toilet just outside the bedroom door. There were two entrances to the flat. The front door which led directly into the kitchen and the backdoor which was directly opposite the bedroom (literally one step away from the bedroom door) which led into the backyard. The backyard was fairly secure as 3 of the walls were boundary walls with houses all around and the last wall was formed by the main house and our flat.

We were struggling to get our son to sleep one night and I had him lying on my tummy while I lay on the couch with hubby playing PC on the other side of the room. It was not late (around 20h30). Out of nowhere we hear a loud BANG on the backdoor. It wasn't a bang like a bird or bat had accidentally flown into the door. No, it was a bang like someone had tried to break down the door. This being South Africa, R immediately grabbed his baseball bat (which is never far from his side) and one of his 'decorative' hunting knives (he keeps a number of these secreted strategically around the house). Before he even had a chance to get to the backdoor, we heard something start banging on and rattling the shower door inside the bedroom. Seconds later, something starting trying to break down our backdoor again. It wasn't just one bang this time, but a continuous crashing against the door.

R is not particularly a believer in ghosts/spirits/energies but I most certainly am (due to experiences when I was still living at my mum's house). I decided that enough was enough and we were getting out of there. We grabbed all of the essential baby items that we could (the banging still going on) and R escorted us to the car just outside our flat. R then locked the car and went back to lock up. We had a light on the outside of the flat (it made the front of the flat glow a sickly yellow colour. Yuck). From inside the car, I could see shadows flying across the front wall of the flat. There were no trees for about 3 houses in each direction (and no wind anyway) and there were absolutely no people or vehicles moving around.

R got back into the car and reversed out of the driveway. We were in the street and beginning to drive away when R realized that he had left his Asthma inhaler back in the flat. He parked the car on the side of the street and once again left us locked in the car. I was holding my son in my arms and he was sitting bolt upright and staring around the car. I saw a shadow detach itself from a house's shadow a little further down the street and move towards us along the ground. More and more shadows joining it as it came. They reached the car and started to circle us. I don't know how I knew, but I just KNEW they were there for my boy. That was the moment that fear turned to maddening, blinding, pure rage. I don't care who or what you are but you will NEVER harm my children. I screamed at these things to leave us alone (the language I used was not as polite as the language I am using now and I am not particularly proud of that) but they just kept circling. I then did something incredibly stupid and challenged the things. Essentially I told them to bring it on (dumb, I know). The energy around us was the most intense thing I have ever felt in my life. When I challenged the things, the energy changed from harmful and cruel to protective and strong. I could feel it radiating outwards with myself and my son as the central point. The things circled once or twice more and then just disappeared. They didn't melt away or fade away. They were just gone as if they had never been there.

R came back to the car after a few minutes and we took off to my mum's house where my son and I spent the night. R went back to the flat and stayed there without incident for the night.

I have no idea who or what those things were as we never had an incident like that ever again. We have had others (mostly around my children) but they were more comforting and caring than anything else.

I am not religious in the sense that I believe in a Creator. I am, however, a spiritual person.

Sorry for the long read!

Other hauntings by Bee_Beans

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bee_Beans, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bee_Beans (6 stories) (41 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-09)
I have actually just remembered one other frightening experience involving my son. I'm not sure if it is paranormal or just the over-active imagination of a sensitive child. I think that's why it didn't come to mind immediately.

I'll post it as a story shortly.
Bee_Beans (6 stories) (41 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-09)
Hi KikiGirl

Thank you for your comment.

I have explained a little more of my family's backstory in my responses to AugustaM and RCRuskin that may shed some light on the 'why'.

As I said to AugustaM, we have had other experiences involving my son but none of them have been negative or frightening. Thank goodness!
Bee_Beans (6 stories) (41 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-09)
Hi AugustaM

Thank you for your comment.

I have revealed a little more of my family's backstory in my reply to RCRuskin:

"Unfortunately I did not get any sense of why. My one clue is that my husband, in his teen years, dabbled in Satanism. Not the modern Satanism but the underground, hardcore Satanism. He got out of it shortly before I met him but I suspect that something (not particularly a demon or anything like that) may have gotten a 'feel' for him back then and came for his son. I have no idea if that is possible or even likely but it really is my only clue at this stage.

My son is about to turn 6 now and is DEFINITELY 'gifted'. He is an incredibly sensitive soul and is highly receptive to energies amongst people and in places. Perhaps that is also what attracted whatever those things were?"

I'm pretty much convinced that one of these must be the reason they came after him. I am just happy that it has never happened again!

My son has had 'friends' before. He told us when he was about 4 years old that he wanted Mommy and Daddy to go to sleep so that his friends from the cupboard could come and play with him. I did chat to him in-depth (as far as possible with a 4-year-old) and I got the sense that his 'friends' were not harmful. He is almost 6 now and we haven't had any frightening experiences. Only positive or neutral ones.
Bee_Beans (6 stories) (41 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-09)
Hi RCRuskin

You are spot on. No decent mother would sit back and allow anything to hurt her child/ren.

Unfortunately I did not get any sense of why. My one clue is that my husband, in his teen years, dabbled in Satanism. Not the modern Satanism but the underground, hardcore Satanism. He got out of it shortly before I met him but I suspect that something (not particularly a demon or anything like that) may have gotten a 'feel' for him back then and came for his son. I have no idea if that is possible or even likely but it really is my only clue at this stage.

My son is about to turn 6 now and is DEFINITELY 'gifted'. He is an incredibly sensitive soul and is highly receptive to energies amongst people and in places. Perhaps that is also what attracted whatever those things were?
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-05)
Bee_Beans, what a frightening experience! I can only say that intuition can play a role in surviving paranormal incidents. The protection you felt over your child and your decision to confront the energies may have helped. In the end, they were certainly not ready for what happened and your reaction.

Totally, unexplainable! I don't have an answer as to "why" it occurred on one occasion only, and the reason for any "link" between your son and these things.

A thought did just occur to me, though! I have heard countless times on this site, YGS that spirits and ghosts don't necessarily look the way they appear. Sometimes, they appear as balls of black mass or smoke because they don't have the energy (and other variables & reasons) to reveal their form, completely.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-03)
Holy cow! That's terrifying! I don't think I would have been able to go back to that flat ever again... But way to go standing up to the unknown like that! That takes moxie! I wonder what provoked the attack and why 'they' chose to pick on your family... I wonder if anyone else in the area has ever experienced anything similar...
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Hell hath no fury like a mother protecting her offspring.

Did you get any sort of sense why they wanted your son?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: