You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Thought It Was A Panic Attack

Real Ghost Stories

Thought It Was A Panic Attack


Everyone my name is Jon and I have never been so curious about anything religious for I am an atheist, but last night on march 17 2014 in Las Vegas NV I started to have only my second panic attack ever. The first one coming 2 weeks ago where I was pacing back and forth on the living room carpet where I thought I was a having a heart attack, but was reassured it was only a panic attack by my friend of 16 years. I was holding my chest because my heart would beat so fast and then I had trouble breathing and it all just happened without warning and lasted 5 or 6 hours. It was the single most terrifying experience of my life, or so I thought. It's been 2 weeks since then and now it looks like it's happening again.

The panic attack happened around 1:A.M so now it is officially March 18th and out of nowhere I kick my friend who is sleeping on a chair and I was on the couch of his Winnebago. I just felt like I couldn't breath and the terror I felt jerked me into waking my friend up with my foot. He was like, "what the hell dude," and I said, "sorry I didn't mean to." I said it scared and fearful for I knew what was coming and that it would be an exhausting night, that I'm just hoping to survive.

So I was pacing and holding my chest and holding my head and I was jerking my head like I had some kind of nerve disorder or something. It was about an hour and a half into it that I decided to go outside and hope the fresh air would help a little. So I take a seat in a lawn chair sitting up and start rocking back and forth saying to myself that I'm ok and that I don't want to die and I would say it over and over again until it subsided. But it got a lot scarier for me, I don't know the exact time but it was around 2:45 A.M. Out of nowhere in the middle of my panic attack some of my friends came over to hang out inside the Winnebago. A couple of them went inside as I was in the lawn chair still having my episode while the 2 other friends that came with them were still in the car. Getting more nervous now that people would see me like this it got worse.

I started to stutter and I was jerking my head very UN-naturally and then I tried to say something again and the first word I tried to say turned into a long 15 to 20 second stutter that made no sense. I tried to stop the stutter after that first word, I just thought I was so scared that it was something I couldn't control and then I tried to cough because I couldn't breath again. The cough didn't help but dragged on and I felt like my lungs was going to collapse and then I started to stutter again but this time I wasn't trying to talk. It's like it came out on it's own and then more of the face jerking and again more of the stuttering and my lungs were hurting again so I coughed again and then something new happened.

As soon as the cough reached the very end of the exhale I couldn't breathe as I was desperately trying to inhale. Then in the struggle of trying to breathe I finally inhale but out of my mouth as I was inhaling came a extremely high pitched screeching sound that did not sound anything like it could be a voice at all but more like a birds tone or a pterodactyl. This went on for a long time with the jerking, the stuttering and the screeching sounds that I wasn't at all controlling, and the 2 girls that were sitting in the car came up to the gate. As one went into the Winnebago just looking at me as I was in this terrifying state of hopelessness and confusion of what was happening to me, and then the 2nd girl comes right behind her. I get up off the lawn chair and walk slowly to her stuttering out of control and pointing at her with conviction. Once again I didn't under my own power get up or attempt to say anything to her and the pointing wasn't my doing either. But for a moment I finally became me again, and the girl only asked me if I was alright when I would of ran the other way if I was her. So she went in the Winnebago and left the door open.

Now there are 5 people in the Winnebago listening to all of my noises and then again another surprise came to me as images in my head starting flashing by as fast as they could flash by and my face was just doing little twitches as these images were passing through and it felt like there was some kind of electrical current running through my head. This lasted for about 10 minutes. After that stopped my friend came out (the one I kicked) and started talking to me but I couldn't hear the words and his face was blurry and I was stuttering again. It lasted 15 to 20 seconds again, and I snapped out of it once again and the first thing he said to me when I came back was, "quit talking to me in that language." I said, "what language?" But before I got back a response I saw my friend's face get blurry again as I started stuttering and screeching some more. I came back as myself and his face was visible again as he repeated how he hated that language I was speaking, when to me it was just a bad case of stuttering based on an extreme amount of fear and mental stress I'm going through.

I tried to talk again and I was going to say "whats happening to me" but when the first word came out the stutter came out once again and there always 15 to 20 seconds long and I can't do anything to stop it. After that happened my friend went back in as I stayed out trying to get through this night with my life. I knew there was something inside of me trying to take full control, and it went on and on and on even worse when no one was around. So I sat back down in the lawn chair doing the screeching and the twitching and the stuttering, but this time it was like I was talking to myself as all 3 of those actions were now being done in a calm manner with a lot less animation involved. It was like whatever was inside of me was more content with only me there and was distressed around my friends who by now all 5 of them are starting to think I'm crazy or just a man at the end of his rope.

I went back to the Winnebago as whatever was taking me over subsided finally and it was me again. I opened the door and said in a weak distressed voice that I'm going across the street to lie down in the shed, and I was so glad it was still me talking and not something else. When I got to the shed I start staring into a big standing tool box because it showed my reflection and I wanted to see if there were any marks or just to see if I still looked normal or whatever, but when I looked I saw that I aged like 5 years in just 2 1/2 hours. Thinking I'm OK now I go ahead and lie down on the ground and try to sleep, but I start to stutter again and jerk again with some more screeching, yet the screeching seemed minimal in comparison but it still wasn't me. I'm thinking that I have got to die to get out of this hell. So the next thing I remember was waking up and I got off the floor and it was finally over and I was just happy to be alive.

I go back to the Winnebago and the first thing my friend said to me was "you better check out the video I have" as the whole time this was happening I was being recorded. I forgot that he had cameras all around the Winnebago and a little afraid to look for I didn't want to relive the worst night of my life but at the same time I was curious to find out the truth of it all. And so right before I went inside to see the recording of me, my friend said that when he was talking to me outside and I was speaking that language he saw moments of my stuttering stupor that my eyes turned completely white and lifeless and that whatever I was stuttering was to him sounding like I was speaking some unknown language and not that I was speaking it but that I was speaking it fluently as if it were a language that I've known since birth. But I went inside and saw the tape and he only recorded when I was inside that first hour and a half as no camera was faced in the area outside where the real terror was. It was disturbing enough to watch the panic attack inside but there was no audio to catch what I was saying and when I would have some kind of spasm the picture would get darker and blurry distorting my image like it was never meant to be recorded. I don't honestly know what happened last night for I am not a godly man but was leaning more towards aliens taking me over and trying to leave a message, or that I was just going through the worst panic attack in history. But I was now more curious to find out the truth, for this was not in my head, I did have comfort in hearing my friend say that it wasn't me he saw outside and that he knew when it was me and when it something was something else, and that he believed me and I wasn't nuts or having a mid-life crisis or something.

I have been online searching for answers and Googling my symptoms. I found that that the stuttering I was doing that I could not control was me speaking in tongues, as we listened to what that sounded like on YouTube and it was very identical to what my stuttering sounded like. My sudden face jerking we figure was the demon just looking around and the screeching was because it was me trying to to talk on my own and the demon was fighting me and the screeching was the sound they make when I'm trying to gain control by putting out my voice. That's what we figure but are not positive about the screeching. And if you remember the second girl that the demon was speaking in tongues to and pointing so angrily at, she was still here at the Winnebago. Anyway, she was wearing a cross around her neck and we figure that the demon or whatever you want to call it was just giving her the riot act and it would make sense to me as there were no actions towards the first girl because there were nothing religious on her.

I know that this sounds crazy and I put it down like an actual story with maybe too much info but I wanted people to get the whole picture of these events. The more I say in detail the better for someone to give me an accurate answer to the most horrifying night of my life, and maybe can tell me if I'm subject to this happening again.

Thank you all for reading this and I really need to be answered by someone whose been there. The fact is I believe even though I am an atheist and I have never believed in god that there was a demon possessing my body, speaking in tongues, and I was conscious and aware of 90% of the this possession. I didn't have one ounce of control over my body or my actions except maybe 2 or 3 times and I don't know how that took place or why I got those times to be me. But so far I have went outside a couple times and every time I get near that lawn chair I start getting the chills and it's not me being scared but maybe I'm just sensing that it's not gone and it's still waiting for me. Please if anyone can help I promise you that this is really happening to me and I hope this story gives you the full picture of a panic attack that was just I believe a weakness that allowed a demon to gain control of my body, and it changed my whole view on religion. At least for now I can without a doubt say I at least believe in demons and possession.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 420seahawk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nathaniel (37 posts)
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
When I was in my early 20's, I had a stroke. When I met my partner, he told me that he had had several strokes, but the symptoms he reported didn't sound like what happened to me. (But totally sounds like what you suffered) I told him that, but he dismissed what I was saying. (He said his doctor said they were strokes, but I really still felt they were something else. As I've had a stroke, and it was nothing like what he was reporting.) A few months back a nurse was shopping in the store he works at, and he told her about his 'strokes,' she explained that what he suffered from were not strokes, but seizures. From what you've described, it sounds like what my partner described. I agree with everyone else on here. You should seek medical help. And how could all of those so called friends just leave you sitting outside suffering like that, and do nothing?
bizzle90 (1 stories) (6 posts)
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
Hello There,

Just to let you know from your experiences I can tell you that it could possibly be wolfe parkinsons white syndrome a heart condition I once had until I had an successful ablation (minor heart op) to stop these experiences from happening. For example when the attack comes on you will feel a huge pain in your chest, you can't breath properly feels like someone is punching you in the chest. You start becoming extremely dizzy and halucinating. And finally start going extremely pale. I would seek medical advice as if left untreated this will lead to serious health problem and death in later life. I hope this helps you as it did for me when I finally recovered.
cakelehde (4 stories) (13 posts)
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
Hi 420seahawk, You wanted someone whose been there... That would be me. Everything you experienced can be related to panic attacks. In my early 30's I began having them and had several horrible years of fear. I actually had to skip over some of your descriptions because it brought back too many bad memories. The good news is there is so much more information now out there to help you. Definitely go to a doctor and get checked out. I've since researched and some think it can be related to a thyroid condition. But mostly it's just the way you perceive and handle stress. The beginning of my recovery was when my cousin mailed me a book called The Panic Attack Recovery Handbook (probably out of print) and I began phone counseling with the co-author. There is so much I could tell you but don't have the room. Go to a doctor and have him/her refer you to a psychologist or counselor that it familiar with anxiety disorders. Final note: You're probably a control freak like I was. You can't control panic attacks you just have to learn to relax and let that first fear come and not react to it. It takes lots of practice. Sending prayers your way! (You don't have to believe in them because I do)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3160 posts)
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
I couldn't add anything else to the good advice from all the previous comments other than "with that kind of friends, there is no need for enemies" 😕
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
My husband has panic attacks. He is currently on medication for it. He describes it just excatly as you do. The heart racing, fear of dying, feeling like you are going to die. He gets pale in the face and is out of reality when it happens. I have had friends over the years that have siezures. Last friend that I had with siezures... He would have two or three at a time. And in a short amount of time. His movements were jerky when he was having one. His words would be incoherent, he sounded drunk too. I can't comment on the screeching. Please get medical attention and fast. I really dought a demon has taken you over.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Honey you sound scared and distressed. So everyone agrees you need to see a docter. You know, don't be scared, but what with the feeling you described of having a electrical current go through your head, that is what a school friend of mine said his epileptic siezures felt like. He had the shaking too. And every now and again he would say meaningless stuff -not screeching- but anyway they aren't all the same, and they can happen later in life, and none of the things we've all mentioned will go away without medical help. And real friends, even small children, stay with a friend in need, they don't pic him for personal enjoyment.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Im sorry I forgot to add this. They video taped the entire thing also, andafter all of that still decided to show you rather than be concerned and finally get help? It could also be what BadJuu Juu said, mixed with a reaction to something they gave you.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Wow what a story. Ok like valkicry,BadJuuJuu,and Fergiehave stated throughout your entire experience not one of the friends decided to get you any emergency medical help? They just stood around and watched? And in saying this it makes me question whether or not they put something in a drink of your, or maybe even your food somehow. Which is why they never tried getting help. That is really quite dissapointing. Because you could have had an even worse outcome than what you had. I believe this was just an allergic reaction.
valkricry (49 stories) (3275 posts) mod
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
I third BJJ. You really need to get checked out by a doctor. Only a medical doctor can tell you if these were seizures, mini-strokes, heart attacks, or panic attacks. If he/she gives you a clean bill of health, then YAY! You have ruled out any medical reason for these episodes.
You might also want to re-evaluate just what kind of friends you have. They just watched/listened to your torment without a thought of getting you help? That is just plain sad.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
I second BadJuuJuu 100%, you need to visit a doctor asap. From what you have described it may have to do with your heart, but it definitely sounds as if you were suffering from a shortage of oxygen to your lungs, and therefore, also to your brain.

This does not sound paranormal at all, just an urgent case for a medical practitioner.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Was the "friend" who told you your first event was a panic attack a medical professional? Did you ever consult a medical professional after either of these events? Why on earth did 5 people who are supposedly your friends just sit around watching this and no one thought to call 911?
Sweetie, this isn't aliens or demons. You need to seek out a doctor, immediately, and tell him/her about these events. What you related here sounds like you had a serious coronary event and you are damn lucky, no thanks to the people observing you, to be alive.
Get to a doctor immediately, find out how much damage your heart has taken and what treatment options are best to avoid a future event. If this does happen again, CALL 911 ASAP!
Your health is nothing to play games with, and I'm shocked that no one had the presence of mind to get you the medical help you obviously and desperately needed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: