You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The House In Bobstay Ave

Real Ghost Stories

The House In Bobstay Ave

 

Near the end of 1989, we moved to a house that my father build in Bobstay Avenue. I never knew that I will experience so many ghost sightings or feel them.

There was an old mine dump close to the area, about 20 minute walking distance. There use to be miners living a few feet away from the mine many many years ago.

I started to hear every night someone walking up and down in the hallway on the carpet past my room. They were dragging their feet as if there is something heavy on their back. I slept with the door open.

I did tell my mom that I can hear someone walking in hallway. As any mother would do, she said that it was nothing just the geyser making those weird noises. But was it...?

In 1992, I was 11; they made themselves known to me. I was once again sleeping on my back with my legs straight. I woke up and before I could do or say anything, I started feeling pressure on my toes. As if someone was pushing me down with their hands. It started at my toes and moved towards my head. I was awake. My eyes were closed. Afraid of what I might see. I couldn't move. As if I was paralyzed. I couldn't call out to my mother to help me. I can't even move my mouth. It felt like an hour which only was a minute or two.

The force paralyzing me started moving away slowly. I could move some of my fingers and as soon as I could move my lips, I screamed for my mom to help me. Then it moved away from me quickly. My mother came in and it was gone.

I explained to her what happened and she slept with me in my bed. Holding me tight and I can remember feeling safe. Thank goodness for mommies.

I still battle to sleep with my legs straight just in case they do that to me again. But no one can control the way they sleep so I do find myself sleeping like that now and again.

I can't explain who they are, but I do think they are the people who use to work and stay at the mine many many years ago.

Keep in mind this is just the first story of things I saw and felt at this house.

There are more stories and more houses with their stories. I think ghosts either love or hate me. Depends on how they left this world or what their moods are.

Other hauntings by Antionette

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Antionette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Ai...Antionette. What a sad place. Where is this place? It seems like South Africa is full of these restless miners from the past haunting some of these places. I'm also from South Africa. I think ghost hunters will find much more on this old mine site. But I think it will be dangerous to go there now or what do you think. I would also like to check it out. Thanks for your story. I can't wait for your next story. Take care. ❤
Antionette (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Dear SuperHBK, Bluesmand and Trix,
I use to go to the mines when I was younger and with my dad. I wasn't allowed to go there without my dad so you can imagine in what trouble I was when my lovely brother told him. I never went alone just with a group of friends. It was safer back then. As you walk closer to the mine you can still see old broken down small houses, old dolls, mattress springs etc etc. So yes I believe that the miners is haunting the area. They had their families living there and in those days they didn't have the medicine to even cure a common cold.
Oh...and I have been to there graves. Its close by but in an old mealie field by huge trees. No grave stones just number plates.
It's quite sad if you think about it. Families use to live there and I have search the Internet and I still can't find any info about them.
But that's not all that happened there. A white guy decided to pick up black prostitutes and he killed them and dump their bodies their. If I can remember correctly it was 10 woman they found. All prostitutes and black. Bit of a psycho guy if you ask me. Read my third story of this house, quite interesting.
Thank you for the reply.
-ANT
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Hi Antionette. My grandfather worked in the gold mines at the East Rand and he told me stories
About experiences he had at the mines. I believe all mines have ghost's duo to heartbreaking history. Interesting story thanks for sharing. ❤
bluesman87 (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Also from SA, I remember one of the scariest houses I been to was my uncles, just near the mine dump. I never saw anything, but he told me some of the most scariest things that happened in that house. People standing over him while he is sleeping, little children watching him from dark corners, he was one tough guy but he said it freaked him out.
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Antionette. I know your feeling and understand, I am to from south africa, and I know what you are telling us is true because I am currently working on the platinum mines. I used to live in stilfontein now that town is full of hauntings of spirits that used to work on the mines. Now coming to your story... I strongly think that what you felt that night is an entity of a worker that used to work on the mines in that area, and he died horrifically and now is trying you to help him. Remember in the mining industry the most causes of death is either by gas or by fall of ground, and I think most likely that it was fall of ground. If possible can you give me the towns name then I can do research for you in that area.
Antionette (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Dear Dan
Thank you for your reply. I did submit story no. 2
It's not too much different. There is just another piece added. I am dragging it out a bit. The last story of this house will be the worst one I experienced, but I think that was more of a warning in the future which is now in the past. It will be story no.3.
Thank you so much.
-Ant
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Hi Antionette: Thank you for your reply, yes I understand it must have been quite terrifying at such a young age. I am looking forward to reading your next submissions.

Thank you

Dan
Antionette (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Dear Dan
This is story no. 1 and when you are 11 would you want to open your eyes when you experience it? Yes it sounds the same as sleep paralysis but I beg to differ which will be explained in my next story.
Yes I believe the miners and their families have something to do with the whole experience.
They have a story that's unexplained. Although many told me to ask them what they want, at 11 you don't have guts to ask them.
But I did experience more at that house until I was 16 and then I just got used to them doing there thing.
Thank you for reading.

-Ant
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
Antionette: From what you have explained it sounds like you have been hearing a residual haunting and what you felt whilst you were asleep sounds like a classic case of sleep paralysis. You mention something about the miners do you think there activity had something to do with your experiences?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: