You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Laughing Child

Real Ghost Stories

The Laughing Child

 

It was 1998. My friend, Nicolene and I, were 17 then and visiting her older sister, Lene, for the winter school holidays which falls under end June until almost end July.

Lene had a little boy about 2 (I THINK), Mario. He was beautiful, dark hair and bright blue eyes. Nicolene and I went with her sister to sleepover at her friend's (Susan) house because their husbands had to work night shift that night. Susan had two children of her own and looked after two of her nephews which was a year or two younger than us. Susan, her two younger children, Lene and Mario was already in the main bedroom sleeping.

Susan house was still one of the old houses build in the country. The ceiling was high and the floors were wooden with carpets on. The following I might describe bad but I have no idea what they use to call it. The lounge was big and the entrance to the hallway was basically opened planned but there was a brick build bedding on both sides of the wall. About a meter in length and just high enough for a two year old to run past it and just see their top of their heads. In the old days they use to plant flowers and plants in it. Stupid if you ask me. But any case.

So myself, Nico and the two nephews watched movies in the lounge while the mommies and their children were sleeping in the room. Nico and me were lying on a mattress with a blanket each. The nephews were lying on the couches. Then Nico and me heard little footsteps. We looked at each other and told the others to pause the video (there wasn't DVD players yet). As Nico and I lifted our heads we looked towards the 'inside flower beds' and that's when we both saw and heard a little child. Well we saw the top piece of the head and the hair was dark and the little footsteps running on the wooden floor and laughing as if he/she was playing.

We both got up and thought it was Mario, but when we got the kitchen where he was running to, there was no one. The back door was still locked. We went to were her sister and Mario was sleeping only to find Mario is still sleeping. We didn't wake them up. The two nephews tried being all brave but they were so scared it wasn't even funny.

So until today we don't know who the child was and at least he had fun scary the living daylights out of us.

Other hauntings by Antionette

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Antionette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Antionette (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Dear Dan

I can't remember what she said. For all I know she didn't say anything interesting enough for me to remember. I do that. She is any way not one of the brightess people, but a good mother. The last time I saw her was 11 years ago. So I wouldn't know if she did see anything or not.

Thank you for the reply.

-ANT
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Hi Antionette: So did Susan ever experience anything there previously or lately? Seems like a child spirit was possibly excited seeing the other young kids in the home. Either that or it was residual in which case Susan probably would have experienced the exact same thing before.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: