You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: 124 Hill Ave

Real Ghost Stories

124 Hill Ave

 

My sister and I have always been sensitive to paranormal activity, more her than I. She had the ability to pick up certain details about places, and had the ability to research for hours and hours on end if it would justify her/our feelings, visions etc. We have had many experiences together and separate, this is her story.

We grew up in the same house my mother had grown up in. The rest of my mother's siblings had moved out, my grandmother passed away so my Grandpa moved out. Eventually my parents, my sister and myself moved away to S.C (July 1993) only to move back into the same house 2 1/2yrs later (Jan 1996). After we had left, our eldest cousin went to the house to "pick through" things left behind by years of family members coming and going. My cousin was one of the "drifters" of the house as well, living there from birth (1974-1985)

My cousin had made her way through the first floor, up the stairs to the 2nd floor where most of the bedrooms were, then up to the attic which was finished to make a huge bedroom. She found a porcelin doll in the attic, it was a doll she'd never seen before and decided to keep it.

January 1996 my family moved back into the childhood home and Sara being older and "cooler" now had to have the attic all to herself. I being the younger sister by 3yrs did not have a say, after all she was the oldest!

It had to be around 1998, 1999 that my sister told me about seeing a little girl at the foot of her bed late one night holding a doll. Sara described the girl being dark skinned and wearing a Victorian Era dress, and looking sad. My sister told my cousin about this little girl and my cousin was flabbergasted and told her about the doll that she found in the attic. The doll had fallen off a shelf in my cousin's house and the doll's face had broken. After the doll's face had broken is when the little girl started appearing at the foot of my sister's bed in the attic.

Other hauntings by SarasSister25

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SarasSister25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Investigator_Girl (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
Your cousin should fix that doll and bring it back so the girl will R.I.P.
pearlangel (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-16)
I prefer that your cousin should bring the doll (broken) back. Try this and see if the girl appear again... 😐
earthtogillian (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
This is really scary.

I just want to say that I feel your pain. Being the younger, "uncool" sister that I am as I have a 17 year old sister and I'm only fourteen. It really sucks not having my own room for that awful reason, lol. I share a room with my mom and it's not THAT bad...

Maybe the girl was looking for her doll? It was aftr all found in the house by your cousin and he/she did kind of "stole" it. I'm not saying he/she's a thief but the girl was probably looking for it. Could it be? Did your sister described the way the girl aside from it being sad? What about the doll?

Great story. Hope all is well for you.
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
Aww, that's sad 😢 Did your cousin think to bring the doll back, despite the fact that it was broken?
UnknownIdentity (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
Good story, I read a lot of CreepyPastas (Short Internet horror stories) and this really seems like something that could be one with a bit of added scary occurrences and some blood and gore:P

I'm just trying to say it's a cool story, was there any other encounters with the doll or the girl in the new house?
SarasSister25 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
My sister did constantly see the little girl, and I even did once. The little girl appeared to me on the 2nd level of the house, she walked out of the bathroom door. Sadly, we do not live in that house anymore. My parents divorced in 2000 and my mother couldn't make it on her own so my Grandpa decided to sell it. I've always wondered if the current tenants have experienced any paranormal things living there. If I were to ever win the lottery, I'd buy back that house even with all the ghosts!
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
That is awesome to move into a house your Mom grew upin. Ha, I'm 3 years younger than my brother, so I know how that was. I'm with BlueTurtle and Cosmogal926. It would probably help the little girl feel at peace with doll fixed again.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Great story! I'm thinking this little girl was attached to the doll, and when it broke it disturbed her spirit. I'm guessing you don't live there anymore, but if the house is still in your family I suggest the same as BlueTurtle. If you still have the doll, try and get it fixed and then place it back in the attic. If not then maybe you can get a new one and leave it as a gift for her. 😊
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Wow, very cool story. Did your sister consistently see the little girl? Were there any other hauntings besides her appearance at night?
I wonder if the doll could be fixed, or was fixed. Would that soothe the spirit of its owner?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: