You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It's Following Me

Real Ghost Stories

It's Following Me

 

This is my first time talking about this experience openly. Here goes.

We were living in an old house in England, Brinsley; just above a coal mine, (the house began to sink into the hole, so we've moved now.) My little sister was 6 at the time, and we never really got along, and our mum never saw us even touch each other's shoulder, that's what freaked her out most.

I was 9, and sat in my bedroom drawing which I often did, when my sister came crying to me; talking about seeing something staring at her in the bathroom. (It was about 11am in the morning, and full daylight) Annoyed at her, I'd dragged her with me to the bathroom, to prove there was nothing there; but there was. In the corner of the room I could see a pale grey shadow, about the size of a 17 year old male and very lanky, that just seemed to be looking straight at me. Terrified, I just stared at it, and my sister was still bawling her eyes out. We ran down stairs straight to mum, who was convinced that we DID see something, because I was hugging my sister like I never had before.

Since then, I haven't felt alone for so long, and each time I went into the bathroom I'd feel extremely cold and uncomfortable. It would always watch me, a few times I've heard and seen it on the landing of our house, and my sister had often come into my room complaining about the fact I was moving about, when it wasn't me. It seemed to be drawn to the top floor, because it hardly ever made noises down stairs. My sister and family often complained that we were up to late walking about, dropping books onto the floor, but we were in bed on time. It often made noises, and my sister could only see it in the bathroom. I didn't like attention, and still to this day it makes me uncomfortable, so nobody knew I could see and feel it wandering about.

I am almost certain it's watched me sleep, and when I'd wake up it would still be there. But sometimes, he's in a white uniform, with black and red splatters up the sides, it's not often that he's like that; but when he is, I have to close my eyes. The uniform seemed to be associated with pain, anger and hate; and at that age, I couldn't stand it. But I've grown used to it now.

We moved about 3 years after, and I still don't feel all that right about it. I'm now extremely curious about the paranormal, and have the ability to feel when entities, (living or otherwise) are around me, and can often see apparitions, not to mention I can tell what people will be feeling or doing, before they do it. My sister can also see other people's aura; and apparitions too. Since we've moved, it's been rare that he's even shown himself, I think because he's away from the mine, he can't quite be there. But that doesn't stop him banging and howling.

It went to school with me I thought, because I could always feel it's eyes on my back and face, and I'd try to sit facing the door, mostly because it was unnerving to see it near my friends and family. Over time, my sister got over it, and my parents haven't bothered to ask me about what I can see. What I can feel. I don't what to tell them though, because if I do, I'm afraid they'll take me as a liar, and trying to act like my sister. I don't want that.

They've always worried about her, never me; and I've drifted apart from people. And this scares me, because if I'm alone the thing follows me. It's rare I can see him head on, only when he wants me too. I've named him Nate, mostly because he stood behind someone with that name when I was at school; he doesn't seem to mind all that much. He's not here too often now, but I do sometimes hear him saying something, or see him sat in my old arm chair in the corner of my room.

It's followed me for as long as I can remember since then, and hasn't left. On occasion, I've found him in my room, kneeling down next to a few of the sketches I've had scattered on the floor, and he seems to be flicking through them. He's also there whenever I wake up from a nightmare, either sat on the end of my bed with his hand on my feet, or sometimes kneeling besides my head, touching my pillow. Could Nate be the one causing the nightmares, or helping me wake up out of them?

There are times when I feel more like him than myself, it's an odd feeling. Whenever I get angry I can turn cruel and merciless. I've often been told by terrified friends that they're scared of me, and my eyes go black in my pale face; and when I'm seeing red I look and act nothing like myself. I think it's him, because some people's weakness is anger, and if there's a weak point, you can't blame them for wanting to press through it, can you?

I've also heard my name called, and when I yell out "what?!" there's no reply.

Please, any help on what could be going on would be appreciated, the house was 106 years old when we were there, and that was a while ago; I think Nate might be a miner, or a teenager caught down in the blast. My dad doesn't believe in the paranormal, so it's not exactly something I've grown up to believe, and nor do I do drugs, smoke, drink, etc.

I've had a number of other experiences, but that's for another post. And it's not always Nate either; I can see things in other people's homes, in parks, and graveyards, etc... Is that normal for someone? Am I a paranormal magnet? Am I safe, or has my imagination just gotten away with itself enough to make other people hear and see the stuff too?

Please, any info would be good!

Other hauntings by Frankie_Elise

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Frankie_Elise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
My my certinly a long time companion. If a humble Bokor may venture his profesional oppinion. Its interesting that your spirit seemed to evolve overtime you mentioned to the transition from a grey shade and then the figure with the uniform if the uniform is accociated with negitive feelings it is drawing negitive energy to the spirit. If you simply wish to eliminate the negitive energy smudge the house and yourself with sage. If you want to be rid of the entity entirely I recomend a bath with an infusion of salt and rose petals mixed in, it should break the conection to you from this spirit, as to what it is it could be any number of things anything from a wraithe to a common specter, however I should also mention that uniform that draws the negitive energy is forming an anchor to this plane as spirits require energy to manifest that uniform is giving it the power to do so, my advice wich ever course you choose to take do the smudgeing first. Please keep me informed and may the gods bless and keep you

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
croat-babe (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
hi franki
When I read that you awoke from your nightmares to nate touching your foot or pillow I got the feeling that he was helping you 😁
I do agree with DeviousAngel and you should try to talk to nate and ask him why he is following you? And what not
I really hope you stop excluding yourself from family and friends
All the best
Mishka
joseph_joseph1 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Frankie Elise,
Your experiences with "Nate" are exactly like what is detailed in the book "Hostage to the Devil" by Malachi Martin. THe book depicts 5 seperate stories of encounters with the demonic, and one of them relates exactly to your experinces with "Nate". "Nate" as you call him is what is called a "familiar spirit" AND FAMILIAR SPIRITS ARE EVIL SPIRITS WHO TRY TO BEFRIEND YOU AND EVENTUALLY LEAD YOU DOWN THE WRONG PATH TO DEPAIR.

Familiar spirits are evil spirits filled with deception... They seek to befriend you and slowly alienate you from friends and family and will slowly drive you to depression and despair.

You need to get the book I mentioned above, and read the true story about David and "Uncle Poncho" who was his familiar spirit... And you will see how at first uncle poncho was seemingly kind, but eventually he grew nastier and nastier.

May God guide and help you,
Joseph
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
As soon as I read that your house had been above a mine, it rememrbed a story I'd read a while back - the person was seeing things, feeling things, hearing things, and their house was also close to an old mine. Being above a mine as you were, the house was probably subject to Infrasound - which can be caused by the movement of air in the mine shaft which causes the symptoms I mentioned above in those sensitive enough. I'm guessing that you moved to a house within the same town, so you are possibly still experiencing the effects of the infrasound. It can make you feel like you're not alone as your ears are picking up sounds that your brain can't quite interpret, making you feel as if there's soemthing there. The link below is to the wikipedia entry on infrasound - it may be of interest to note the effects of it on humans.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#Human_reactions_to_infrasound

Not saying you aren't experiencing something, just that this could be a possible explanation - your brain is picking up on the sound, and projecting an image to explain it.

Also if you google 'infrasound, paranormal', there are some interesting articles on the role of infrasound in paranormal activity (they'll explain it better than I did!).
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-05)
Hello Franki_Elise,

If you ask me I would ask him to back off. It's wrong of this ghost to abuse your good nature by infiltrating your body, and you have to tell him. It seems that you could still talk to your mother about the things you are able to see and hear. Just talk to her, its always better to be not on your own sometimes, certainly not in such cases as these I think. Wonderful how you shared it with us,

Greetings,
Peter
Aljohn34 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-05)
I find your story is interesting,
I find that the spector enjoys your company when you mention he occassionly looks unpleasent it may be stem back to his life and/or death perhaps he was involved in something unpleasent that may have mentally scarred him and he enjoys the youth and innocence of your sister and yourself, it may sound bad but it is understandable.
It is perfectly understandable to still feel uncomfortable around him may I suggest making smalltalk for example: when he appears just say something like "Hi mate" or when you see him looking at your pictures say "do you like them" whether he replies or not it should help make you feel comfortable.
About your nightmares I think he is waking you up from them, however what's happening in these nightmares they are possibly annalysed and we could find the actual answer, I think if he is causing them it is unintentional.
May I suggest spending more time with your family to iscolate yourself is easy but if you feel any form of upset to just go downstairs and watch tv with them is a huge comfort and perhaps try talking to them about when you become short tempered and scary.
It does seem this is beginning to eat you up inside so if I were you tell your parents about him maybe join in some activities to take your mind of it.
But I don't think he is dangerous as he has been following you for so long and no harm has come to you or your family so don't worry to much.
I wish you well.
ghostgirl122 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
Maybe he is some kind of gardian angel
I think he helps you wake up from night mares
Just try talling to him
But still why he is attached to you has got me clueless! 😜
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
Hello you're not crazy. Sounds like you really got some spirit attached to you and your sister. Most of my family members have experienced something paranormal at one time or another. I have had sooooo many things happen to me throughout my entire life. For example when I used to drive by a cemetery almost everyday because of where I lived, I would see people standing in my bedroom that were dressed in funeral clothing. Now things like that didn't happen everyday, but it happened enough for me to notice what was going on. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.
❤ ❤ ❤
pegglefan (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
Well I think that the best way to ask him something is not by any physical method but any spiritual instead.
I recommend you to ask him directly with a low tone, firmly and secure what does he want. If this doesn't work you should contact him by a dream, thinking on him and ask the same question and adding,there's something I can do for you?
The fact that it looks like he's harmless and maybe he is trying to stay with you don't give him the right of it. The best thing to do is to tell him that he has to move away because he must go to his new life and he's wasting time wandering in a time he doesn't belong anymore. Do this calmly and in a nice way and I think that he will understand the situation. Probably he leave away. 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
Hello Frankie,
I was thinking along the lines of a protecter maybe. He does wake you from the nightmares, right? And your moods may be him trying to help, a little over-protective there but would you have gone after someone yourself that does something against you? Or would you rather let it go and hope it goes away?
I'm just guessing like everyone else, but it's still a possibility.
Anyway, please keep us posted on any more happenings or revelations that occur and good luck.
😊 ❤
Frankie_Elise (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
Thanks for your comments guys, and Deviousangel; I've written some questions on a piece of paper, and left a pen besides it. But it's been locked away so not even I can get at it. I hope he'll be able to write back, because he's done it before, because he's scribbled all over my homework sheet! Surprisingly, they were the right answers.

And I feel horrible knowing that he might only be staying in this world because he wants someone to care for, and someone to care for him in return, I think he knows he's able to move on; but he's just refusing too.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sorry to hear that you've been sort of inadvertantly separated from your family. I know the feeling myself. However, I would suggest that you still make mention of this to your family and see what they say. If they don't believe you, well, you're no worse off. You've tried to tell them the truth and there's nothing you can do to make them see it. You may be surprised though... Sometimes family can be understanding in ways you didn't think possible.

When I think about this entity that follows you, I feel immense sorrow. I think this spirit is sad and lost, and there's a chance that you may be able to help him move on. You can try communicating with him in some way, perhaps through EVP... Try leaving out a recorder and ask Nate some questions. You can suggest that he move on, or go to the light, as cliched as that sounds. I think he's attached to you because he wants someone to care for. If that's the case, you are the only connection he has to the life he once lived and that's why he doesn't want to let go. But it isn't right for him to stay behind, either.

I hope you can find some peace soon, and that he does too.
PyroGirl (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
Wow! Almost the same thing has happened to me! Nate, as you call him, is most definatly not causing your nightmares. And I can see peoples and animals aura's also. I've gotten used to having a spirit around me, so it feels normal. I am sure he was simply a teenager in the mine when he died, as you described him, he wasn't wearing protective clothes.
TickTock (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
I hope you get to the bottom of this! So, I wish you lots of luck. 😳
Frankie_Elise (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
Thanks guys, I'll try talking to him. Maybe I'll get a friend over and get her to write down what he says, I dunno... Nate doesn't seem all that bad, it's just freaky. And yes, I'll keep you posted! 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
agree with redphx on this one try talking to him he could be a guide for you if he has stayed with you for so long.
It does sound like you have some hidden ability that could be atracting nate to you and again along with redphx sounds like he was there to wake you from the nightmare not cause it.
Personaly I think its ok to let nate be around but again try asking him questions and also ask him to warn you somehow when he is around so it does not frighten you please keep us up to date with this one thanks for posting 😁
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
I think you need to open up your abilities and try to talk to Nate. When you tell me the story about him at your bed I get the feeling he is helping you wake from your nightmares not causing them. Nate I don't feel is bad. I think he just wants attention. If you now how to open your awareness up for communication but still able to protect yourself you should. You should practice
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
Hey Frankie!
I loved your story very freaky, just the thought of having a spirit attached to me like that is extremely frighting!

I'm sorry to hear that is been following you for so long. It must be attached to you for a reason... What exactly I don't know but maybe you should research on it or find the history of the place where all this started. I'm sorry I'm not much help I'm not too familiar when it comes to attached entities, I'll try to do some research myself since your story got me interested in this types of beings.

Best of luck and I hope things are getting better please keep us posted if anything else happens.

❤ looney

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: