You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost I Have Seen In My Neighbourhood Since I Was Young

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost I Have Seen In My Neighbourhood Since I Was Young

 

My name is mark I'm 2I. Me and my friend Donny have seen this tall dark man walking around the neighbourhood. He where's a long black trench coat and a black hat. We never told anyone when we were kids because we thought people would think we were crazy.

I remember when we were kids playing in the backyard we had a fort and it was made with a tree over a jungle gym in my backyard. We would be alone talking and here a man talking like he was standing next to us and we would run outside and no-one was there and one time we saw an impression of a man on the trap and one of us pushed on it but there was nothing there.

In recent years we have seen him more frequently.

My friend Dylan was sleeping at Donny's house he saw the man reaching out for Donny and he freaked out and the man disappeared. But recently my sister, Donny and another friend of mine have been sitting around a fire and we have been recording and taking pictures. We have heard some things on the recorder. We think we have a name James Taylor and not the singer. He says he worked in a coal mine in the 1769. We have been taking photographs and we've gotten orbs and figures and profiles of people.

We were talking to one of our neighbours and we brought up his name and she said that was her father's name her grandfather and her great grandfather's name and they have lived in this neighbourhood for ever.

I don't know much more currently we are sitting outside with the recorder. With the recorder on right now it sounds like he is angry and it sounds like get out now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mjcupcake, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Interesting story. Thanks for sharing. I too would love to see the pictures and hear the audio. Can you upload them and give us links?
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Would love to see some pictures and hear some of your evps... Sounds like he is giving detailed information.

A long coat was not uncommon, they went at least to the knee if not longer around that time. Poorer folks had to make their own cloths so a long wool coat with a plain felt hat or cornered hat would be the norm.

I also read that coal mining started in Penn. Around 1750', Rhode Island was an early producer of "dirty" coal but I couldn't get a start date. Would not doubt it had started by your date or, he could have worked the active mines and migrated to Rhode Island.

Facinating, I love doing research when I come across a historical story. See if you can find out what the name of his mine was, or what city he mined in. Would love to hear more.

Last time you evp'd he sounded annoyed or angry? Interesting since he is making himself be seen all over the place!

Thanks again for sharing!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
mjcupcake,
If this is the miner, and he's saying "Get out", maybe he's yelling to someone down in the mines? And since you only see him at night, that could mean it was the shift he worked and he's either coming from or going to work. Either way, it does sound like a residual haunting, nothing to fear from that. I would maybe start taking note of the time when you see him, see if he's punctual or not. 😜
Thanks for sharing.

Jav
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
If he was a miner, and it interests you, there maybe some sort of records you can get a hold of that explains their death, where they died, etc. To see if that could pin down to the possibility of if that is really him or a spirit impersonating him.

Peace
JustCurious
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
That's very interesting that the spirit seems to affect the entire neighborhood. I've heard of many shadow spirits who wear long coats and black hats. Interesting that this one seems to have a name and a back story. If he is a miner, why do you suppose he looks the way he does? Is it normal miner attire?
Ramsha_Rockz (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
did that ghost hurt any of u? If not than I think he is friendly and have lived in your neighbourhood from years... Don't worry about it much... If it is not harming any one... 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: