You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Young Girl Ran Through My Living Room

Real Ghost Stories

A Young Girl Ran Through My Living Room

 

I live in an old Victorian house in a very small town. I have lots of stories I plan to tell, but one story stands out in particular.

My seven year old Son and I were the only ones home one evening. My Wife had to work late and my five year old daughter was at a friends house. It was a chilly winter evening and this was before we had satellite TV, so my son was playing with legos and I was reading a book.

My Wife always plays this certain game when she comes home from work. When the kids hear the commotion when she enters the door, they take off running and hide. My Wife makes a big deal about looking for them to prolong the fun, then when she finds them she tickles and kisses them.

Things turned out differently this evening though.

As she entered the door with the sound of keys jangling and stomping snow from her boots, my Son took off running into a small room by the front parlor. I was still reading, but I saw a girl in a frilly white dress run past me and follow my Son. I thought it was my daughter maybe having come home with my Wife, but the chilling voice that came from the room proved otherwise.

"GO MOM!"

The voice was not that of my daughter. I scrambled out of my chair just as my Son bolted out of the room. We both stood there for a moment looking into the dark room as my Wife said "Wow, that didn't sound like..." She saw the looks on our faces and immediately realized what had just happened.

I walked into the room, no girl. Nothing.

It was absolutely one of the most amazing things I had ever witnessed, and I was really grateful that she allowed us to see her.

We call her Abigail.

Other hauntings by Dangslow

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dangslow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-10)
That's so interesting!

I found the following article and couldn't help but to think about your situation:

Http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1200347/It-happened-I-32-skeletons-beneath-house.html
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-10)
Thanks for the added information, you'll have to keep us updated! I look forward to reading about Abigail.
elt (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-10)
This story is both cute and creepy at the same time I like it! 😉 😨
Dangslow (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-10)
Ladyglow, I have contacted our local Sheriffs department, and told them what I planned to do. I acknowledged that it sounded crazy, but legally I should have no problems because the body will have decomposed significantly. The coroners office must be notified the instant a body is found, they will conduct an investigation and release the remains at its conclusion. The whole process will cost thousands which is why nothing has happened yet...
I have actually submitted a whole different story about her, just waiting for that to be posted here...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-10)
And then, you answered to some of my questions while I was typing my comment... 🙄
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-10)
Dangslow - this is a very interesting experience and, like the previous posters, I'm curious about the tone of the girl's voice.

Though you mention to have talked to Abigail after the night you saw her, it is not clear to me if she has answered to your questions and, if so, how does she do it? (EVP sessions, ouija board or some other method)

Also, from your bio, your wife can see spirits. Can she communicate with them too? Has she seen Abigail? What makes you think the girl is buried in the property? Has she told you so? Did she say her name was/is Abigail or how did you come with this name?

I admire your intentions of giving her a proper reburial - proven that she really is there - but, what could the legal implications be after finding human remains in your house? 🤔
I imagine you would have to notify the police and, perhaps, they would need to keep the corpse/skeleton for further investigation.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to any update on this story.

Thanks for sharing.
Dangslow (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-10)
She said "GO MOM!"
It was a VERY high pitch, but otherwise sounded like a normal voice. She sounded like she was excited to play the game, very happy...
My Wife is more sensitive, and she hears her more frequently. She will hear her say "Mommy" quite frequently. She has heard her so clearly that she believed it was one of our kids coming into bed with her in the middle of the night. When we feel a strange anxiety we know shes around. Abigail laughs frequently, day or night, doesn't matter. We hear her a few times a year maybe, its always during the winter.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-10)
Dangslow, that makes a lot of sense. I could understand a young spirit being attracted to your daughter due to the similarity in age. I've heard of this happening before. How sad though 😐

LuciaJacinta, The spirit said "Go Mom". Perhaps meaning continue on with the game? I'm interested in how the little girl said it too. Did her voice sound playful, frightened, etc?

Thanks for the clarification!
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-09)
That is a horrifying background if she was buried there. Your story, however, is very clear I could almost see it. But do you think it's residual? If she was being abused, was the tone distressed when you heard her?

Thank you for caring about the welfare of the child even if she is already in another plane. I pray you find your answers and be able to help her better.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-09)
I don't get why she was saying, "No Mom". Was she trying to be hurtful to your wife? Or was it in jest? Could you explain the context?
Dangslow (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-09)
Milky, yes we have done a lot of research on our old house. There was a family that lived here and they had a daughter. They moved one winter immediately after building a cement porch. Long story short, we believe she is buried here. We are thinking of starting a crowdfund to find her, but we want to make sure we have the means to give her a proper reburial. Until we find out, we had our porch blessed and we treat it with respect.
This story is definitely not over!
Dangslow (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-09)
CuriousDee, its interesting you should mention that. My Daughter and Abigail both appear the same age, and we wonder if maybe my daughter's energy is attractive to Abigail because they are the same age. Abigail was the first full body apparition that I ever saw, after that night we would talk to her and ask questions.
milky (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-08)
She wanted to play hide & seek too! How adorable! Have you done any research into the house and anyone who used to live there?
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-08)
Very strange! You didn't say how old your daughter is? Was the girl you saw the same height? Have you had any other incidents with Abigail?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: