You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Is It My Nana?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It My Nana?

 

I've always believed in the paranormal and recently I have been experiencing some very strange goings on but this account starts a few years ago when my nana passed away which is who I believe may be behind the hauntings I am experiencing as this is when I started experiencing activity.

After my Nana died in July of 2007 my brother and his fiancée had moved in together a few years previously and on the night she passed my brothers fiancée swears she saw a woman walk through the open door and vanish in front of her. They also reported darts being thrown at the board on the opposite side of the wall in the dead of night. When I stayed there I always felt spooked and when I stayed in that room I was pushed out of bed when I was awake at around 8 in the morning.

My auntie also says she saw the figure of a woman in her bathroom when she was getting out of the shower. That was within a few days of each other.

Until recently everything was quiet but things have been taken and placed in other spots after I have moved my head to look in the opposite direction and appeared are things I have been looking for for days have instantly reappeared and it has happened to many times to be a coincidence or me not seeing them as I have searched high and low for these things. I also hear footsteps and once a door to the loft opened I heard footsteps down the stairs then the living room door slammed, my dog immediately shot upstairs in to my room although she's refused to enter my room before. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

I'm not saying it's my nana but that's when activity started happening. Also my brother's fiancée kids refused to go upstairs in their house; maybe it's following me as I don't feel safe now? I would very much appreciate you telling me what you think or giving me advice I tried de bunking the door slamming as a draft but we have double glazing and no windows were open.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MatthewFletcher, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MatthewFletcher (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
also started seeing shadow figures hearing noises my parents dismiss it which is getting me irritated now too.
MatthewFletcher (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
yeah I understand but my when I say nana I mean grandma. It is kind of slang here which I didn't pick up om in editing she wasn't like that due to health problems etc.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
I agree with Gheist and champion... Although perhaps it is just her way of trying to get your attention. It does not sound like anything particularly hostile. You being pushed out of bed sounds like something my nana would do if she thought I was oversleeping, lol. Best to just keep an eye on it, and if something happens again that scares you, just talk out loud and say "please do not scare me or my guests and you are welcome to stay here..." or suggest that she/it move on to the light.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
I'm with Gheist on this one unless your nana liked to scare you for fun in life sort of a prankster like attitude, if so I guess it could be or maybe she thinks this is the only way to get your attention. I think I have one of those that take things because I can't ever find what I'm looking for.

Champion
Gheist (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
I believe that it may not be your grandmother, depending on how your relationship with her was when she was among the living. If you had a good relationship with her, I don't think you would feel unsafe in her presence. Do you get my meaning?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: