You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Comforting Me... Thanks Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

Comforting Me... Thanks Grandma

 

One night I was out hanging out with my friends at a school dance. My boyfriend was at the dance too, but he was with his friends. One of my boyfriend's friends came up to me and asked, "How would you feel if your boy friend broke up with you?" Then I said, "I wouldn't care, its his life." When the truth was I would be sad, but I wasn't going to admit that to him. His friend came back and said, "Okay, well, he told me to tell you he's breaking up with you." Then he walked away.

At the time this happened I was away from my friends. Anyways, I tried to make the make the best out of the last few hours of the dance.

When I was home I don't know she knew, but my mom said "How was the dance, did your boyfriend break up with you?" "How did you know?" was all I could really manage to say.

So I walked up stairs to my room and lay down in my bed. I saw a swirling mist, then saw my grandmother's face, (who passed away), and smiled that comforting smile, like trying to say "its okay", then her face disappeared. Of course I wasn't spooked at all, after all it was my grandmother comforting me. But I didn't tell anyone about it, because as usual, I would just be called crazy. I was glad I saw my grandmother though, I miss her so much.

I know she will always be there to watch over me and help me feel better. And to assure me everything will be okay. All she has to do is smile at me. I believe that she is my guardian angel, and I know, no matter what, she will always be there for me.

This is only my first day on this site, and I haven't posted all my experiences yet. There will be a lot more, but none as sweet and peaceful as this one.

Other hauntings by bri_bewitched

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bri_bewitched, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

thenightowl (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
I loved this story, you grandmother just wanted you to know that it was going to be ok ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Teenage years can be quite cruel, the way we act and treat each other is despicable at times. I believe you were comforted by your grandmother, A nice feel good story and experience.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
I absolutely loved your story... ❤...It brought a tear to my eye and made me wish that I could see my Mamere's smile again.

Signed a now emotional,

MM
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
I am confused. How did your mother know about the breakup? I am glad that your grandma was there to comfort you, but I don't really know what to make of this.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Well that's pretty cowardly of your boyfriend. But it's a nice feeling to think that you have someone up there looking out for you. Nice story, a touching one that shows that ghosts aren't always bad.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Looking forward to hearing more. Guessing you were in Jr High...boy, the drama back then and, kids can be sooo cruel! Not to worry, some day he will be washing your car and pumping your gas!

Xx ❤
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
I'd say that Momma could see you and knew you well enough to be able to detect your emotional state.
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Lovely story, I also think that the spirits of our Loved ones watch over us.

Lol she should go and scare the crab out of that idiot ex-boyfriend of yours 😁
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
So do you think your grandmother told your mother about your boyfriend breaking up with you? Or that she has some kind of psychic abilities? Thats sweet that your grandmother appeared to you for comfort. Maybe talk with your mother and ask her how she knew?
Blessings,
Sarah

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: