You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Old Years Night

Real Ghost Stories

Old Years Night

 

It was two years ago; my husband and I were spending old years by my sister as we do every year. My sister was renting, it was a big upstairs and downstairs house where she shared downstairs with a next woman and her son and upstairs by people they didn't know. But about 3 months before old years the renters from upstairs moved out so it was empty up there, there was three rooms there.

Upstairs wasn't locked so all of us took the privilege to go up there and hang out on the porch. My son was about 6 months old at that time and was asleep downstairs where we occasionally checked on him. So, time passed until it was after three in the morning and everyone went back downstairs except for me and my husband. Inside the house was dark but only the porch light was on so he said he wanted to use the toilet up there before we went down so I sat outside waiting for him.

About 5 minutes passed and I thought he was taking a bit long to come back but before I could get up to go look for him he came outside looking very frightened, when I saw him I myself got frightened before I knew what it was. My husband wasn't the type to make pranks or jokes like that just to scare me. He said you wouldn't believe what I saw.

He asked me if I was inside the house and I said no. He said, well when he finished in the toilet and was coming out he saw me in a room calling him to come so as a normal man he thought it was to fool around; but the room was dark and he said as he was moving closer to it when she stuck out her tongue.

That's when he ran out and saw me outside. He was so afraid even his hair on his hand was standing up. I laughed at the moment but he swore on his child. That's when I really believed him. As usual we told my sister and she laughed but I know it's true.

I have never seen ghosts but my family has and even my sister who didn't believe us has. I come from a Hindu background and I believe there are spirits and evil out there but I try not to believe in them because I feel if you really believe in them they will haunt you and if you don't they'll leave you alone.

Some people have even said that it was the alcohol but alcohol or not you know when something is not normal. I know this isn't my story and it didn't happen to me but it is a true story; one of many I'd like to share but when I have more time.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashavanilla, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

curious_sami (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-30)
good story... Scary scarryy experience... Its a good thing he fled instead of going to it... Who knows what could have happened!
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-27)
Dear ashavanilla,
Wow!A super scary story!
It is the scariest when you think you know who that is and you are wrong!
BTW, you said you had Hindu background. Are your ancestors from India?
Hope you still read the comments... Because the last comment was posted almost a year ago.

Thanks
Regards
ashavanilla (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
thanks for your comments it was very scary and yes new years eve is what we call old years night here I guess it was a spirit that inhabited the house when the renters moved out or maybe they were seeing things as well that made them move all in all I don't what it was to take my form and even the same clothes I had on jus the thought was scary
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Thanks Cosmogal! I am glad I am not the only one who doesn't know what it is 😊 but yes it is very creep!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Don't feel bad luckkyme, I am in the same boat with you. LOL 😆 I have never heard of Old Year's.

Ashavanilla: Wow that just gave me the chills. It's no wonder your husband was frightened, that must have been so scary to see. Do you know if anything ever happened in that apartment, and if the previous tenants reported any strange activity?

Thanks for posting. 😊
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Okay, I'll probably feel dumb later on for asking this but is Old Year's Night another way of saying New Year's Eve?

But anyway that was a creepy story, has anything like that ever happened since?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: