You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is It Real?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Real?

 

Hi, my name is Sarah and I'm in my teen years, I've never had a paranormal experience yet I believe in them. I'll just refer a little background information first. I live in a flat which is new. I'm the first to live here with my family and only. My flat is (you can say/think) broken in 2 pieces: when you enter it you see the kitchen and the living room; then there is a door which leads into a mini hall, then to the rooms, bathrooms and work room too. I share my room with my younger sibling and our room as a bathroom of its own.

Despite the fact that we're the only people who ever lived here; I think I may have some entity in my room. Or maybe I'm paranoid. Yet our room is the coldest place of the house, along with the mini hall (but I can't be too sure, because the mini hall's floor is made of stone), I often get the feeling of being watched in there. For example:

It was in November/December last year, my sister, who was watching TV in the living room, asked me to look for something in our room. And I went, yet I was too lazy to switch on the lights; then I started to get the feeling that something in the darkness was watching me. My heart started to beat like crazy and after I grabbed what was asked me to get, I went out of there running. Like my legs had its own mind.

I thought it was the fear of the darkness kicking in again, after the same event occurring in other circumstances, one day it happened when I switched the lights on. After that, I couldn't deny that it wasn't just me. And I always got this feeling in the mini hall and my room.

After I read stories in this site, I decided to see if I had a ghost in my room or not. Because after seeing here the facts, I always looked at the place where I sleep like something could jump out of there and bit my head off. So I entered there and said "in the name of God, if there's something in here, please state your business and leave!". Nothing happened, but one toy of my younger sibling (a monkey which was stuck by one of its paws in her secretary light) moved like a soft breeze was passing by. Yet the window was closed. I started to feel afraid, fear won over my curiosity and I ran away, again.

Other thing is that I've read that, if we have a ghost, one way to know is letting a cup of water near our bed, if it evaporated it was true; the thing was that before falling asleep I always drink tea, one night I forgot and the tea didn't evaporated, so I don't have any ghost in there. So why do I feel those things?

Am I really paranoid? I hope not.

I sleep there every nigh, never saw anything strange I think (I'm a little oblivious to paranormal events, even if it knocked in my door, I wouldn't get what it was!). When I'm in my room I feel normal, but I when I pass by, I look at it suspicious. But the real question is: do I have really a ghost in there or not?

I'm not lying. I need help and liked read your opinions.

Sincerely Sarah.

Other hauntings by Sarah_14

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sarah_14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kahla (3 stories) (5 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-04)
hey that was good and have you been playin with any paranormal stuff(like weegie boards) be careful I had a friend who was attacked in her sleep after thinking she was being watched. Shee looked up as she was being attacked and no one was there. Be very careful
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Dear Sarah,
yes they can. My friend got stabbed with a knife by one, and my other friend had to put up with a painful battle with a another.Teresa,omy other friend who does white magic, got knocked out by one before. Ask for your friends to pray for you and ask your gaurdin angel to watch over you. Even though you might not be a christen, God will save you. I know I'll be praying for you. Hold a seance with your friends. But have a circle thingie that does not allow ghosts to harm you.
Best of luck,
Mikomi
Sarah_14 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Hello, I'm back.

I'm just curious. Can ghosts make any physical damage to us? Because lately I've been noticing that I have body marks and little black marks on certain parts of the body and when I click on them, it hurts.

I don't know if my fellow (the farmer) did this to me, I know I'm klutz and I can hurt myself without noticing. But I have more wounds than those that I can do to myself!

I would like a little help here. Sincerely yours, Sarah 😕
windsong (3 stories) (10 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
I think, then, as long as you don't feel threatened, having your grandma (or maybe the spirit of a farmer that used to live around there... Or whatever the spirit is) around will be something you can live with. 😊
Sarah_14 (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-02)
Thanks you all.

Windsong you said that I should investigate the site, I don't know anything about it. All I know is that this place of the city used to be all little farms in the old days. Some weren't torn down luckily. I did felt that there was someone watching me and my sister. And I had already asked her if she noticed anything weird, she didn't. I don't know, I may be able to sense it or something, I usually have "dejá vu"'s, don't know if it's important.

I do think it could be my grandma, just passing by to say "hi". I was very attached to her even lived in her house before she passed away. It doesn't bother me; it just scares me that I look blankly at the darkness, feeling something there. I can block the feeling and sleep so, no harm done. But I do felt normal when inside, like it was a normal room. Just can’t explain it quite right. For example:

Yesterday at night, I’ve just arrived from a family travel, quite late I might add, and I had problems to get asleep. My sis was already snoring (lol) so I tried to. But suddenly I got up and looked at the door of my room, saw nothing, and just lay down to relax. I began feeling that if I turned away, I could see the someone which was watching me. I felt petrified but turned anyway, nobody there. I guess I’m crazy, because it (the room) felt quite ordinary.
Sorry for the long post…Sarah 😳
redone1867 (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-30)
i completely agree here, I've never heard anything about the water trick but I do know how to tell if there is something else there. I usually get the same feeling as you but that's only when I know its a bad entity. Now mind you I can sense good or evil just as soon as I sense the spirit but I've had a lot of experience. Now you said there was a breze when you told it to leave, has anything else happened since then. I also think that you were just surprised that there was a reaction when you said that and were a little scared, perfectly understandable. Well I do believe it left but that all depends on if things are still happening. You say that you are not nervous in your room but are apprehensive when it comes to passing by it, almost like you feel something is going to jump out, my advice there is if your legs are telling you to go somewhere...go! Always trust your instincts. The land may be spoiled or like I say rockes and earth tend to hold memories.
bon-chance
lisa
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-30)
I agree with windsong, even down to the evaporating water.I've read a LOT about hauntings, spirits and entities(and other things too) and never heard anything along those lines. You shouldn't doubt the things you have felt just because your tea didn't evaporate. I too think it might be due to the land on which your flat was built. Maybe you have a relative who's passed and decided to fool with you. You don't say that you get a feeling of danger or anger and since you saw just the little monkey sway in a breeze it sounds benign. I think maybe you felt scared just because it's something new to you.
windsong (3 stories) (10 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-30)
I believe you, Sarah. I've heard my fair share of ghost stories, and yours isn't too far-fetched.
Even if you are the first people to have lived in your house, it's still possible that a spirit could be there. Maybe where you live used to be the site of a haunted house that got torn down. The spirit would have ended up somewhere within the new house built at the old site.
I've never heard that evaporating water can determine if there's a ghost there or not. To be honest, I somewhat doubt that it works.
There's no solid way to determine if there's a ghost in your house, unless you just happen to know a psychic medium or you have a lot of electromagnetic equipment around (advantages that most people don't have) 😊. I think you just have to go with your senses. If there's a ghost there, you'll just know it in your heart. And from what you've described, it seems as if you can sense the spirit's presence.
I might be wrong, but I think you do have a ghost. The question is, are you okay with that or do you need the spirit removed if you want to sleep in peace?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: