You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Weird Happening In My Friend's Backyard

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Happening In My Friend's Backyard

 

During Halloween, I went to a friend's house to spend the night along with 4 other people. In total, there was five of us that were outside after dark when we were done trick-or-treating (we just wanted free candy).

Well, we made a haunted house for my friend's, who I will call H, sister. When we were done, we were playing on her play set/ swing set. The play set has a fort-type thing with a slide and under the fort is a little sand pit, next to the sand pit is a swing set and over the swing set is a tunnel. Well, we were all on the ground, just sitting on the swing (there were two swings and one bar thing) and all of a sudden, we hear rustling up in the fort part up next to us. Well, we said "Cut it out Gene," and the rustling stopped. Then, we found out that Gene (not real name, made up for privacy) was INSIDE the house.

We got scared, so we ran into the house shrieking. When we calmed down, we decided to go on line to find out a way to do our own little paranormal investigation. When we downloaded a ghost radar on H's little sister's iPod touch and we used my friend D's iPod to record our session. We went outside on H's porch and started speaking to whatever was out there. We heard nothing but on the radar, it kept picking up activity.

When we played back the session, we heard a high-pitched little girl's giggle that sounded like it was coming from my direction, but no one had that kind of giggle. We listened through the rest of the tape with nothing else, but that giggle creeps me out all the time. I am wondering though, does anyone have tips on how to do a better, and remember we are teenagers, not professionals, paranormal investigation to gather more information on the ghost.

Remember, we don't have much money but we do have a camera, 3 iPod touch's (two are the ones with cameras), and we have limited funds. Please help as we are wondering what is in H's backyard? Feedback appreciated. Any private opinions please send to my Gmail, which I will post later. PLEASE NO SPAM!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LaLaGurl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LaLaGurl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
Thanks for all the response.
Darkness and Hellhound: I know how the apps can be we downloaded a lot and most of them said "Fool your friends," which really got us like wtf?
BlueTurtle: We definitely know there were no animals not even a squirrel or an owl or anything.
Thanks for all of your suggestions, I can't wait until we can try them! Until then, I'm going to test some of those out in my room. O.o Creepy things are there and I want to find out what they are.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
I don't know how authentic a ghost radar application on an iphone is... But any kind of recording device has the potential to pick up paranormal activity, whether it's a simple recorder or a camera.
I have to be a bit skeptical and ask if you're sure that what you heard wasn't an animal of sorts. I realize it was late at night, but to eliminate any possibility would help.
Otherwise, feel free to continue your investigation. Just don't use Ouija boards. If you're brave enough to check out the activity outside, the highest probability to find something is late at night, especially in the wee hours of the morning.
Best of luck to you!
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Drakness, I completely agree with you, there are some apps that do work, I wouldn't look under ghost hunting or anything but try to find an app for finding higher frequencies of electricity...ect

:)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
LaLaGurl: I wouldn't put to much trust in the applications on your phones, a lot of those things are for novelty purposes. It is hard to conclude that this is paranormal in nature, there are to many other things that this could have been. Good luck with your ghost hunting.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Shantanu (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
This story really freaked me out!... 😲 😲 All the best for your further investigation bro! 😊
toxictails (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
i heard from someone if you ask a question in the presents of the ghost then you take a picture the anser is in the picture somewhere. I really don't know if this works but its worth a shot... 😁
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
Here are some tips:)
The best times are from 9pm to 6am, these are the psychic hours, but anytime can produce results.
LaLaGurl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
We know it wasn't an armadillo, her backyard is fenced in and we were just up in the tree part and I didn't see a thing up there and I was the last person up there. Also, thanks for the link it really helps 😁!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-30)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: