You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Still Mystified, Still Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

Still Mystified, Still Haunted

 

Hi, This is just by chance, perhaps, after I googled, that I found this site. I have to share my experience. I was 13 in 1978 and living in Winnipeg, Manitoba. My mother and I went to the airport to pick up an elderly woman from Indonesia. The woman's son is a family friend. I will never forget noticing from then-young innocent eyes how mysterious she was. Her name is Farida and she wore a purple blanketing wrap and had journeyed a long way to see her son before she died.

She was a psychic and also a friend of Dr. Allen J. Hynek, the famous "project bluebook" paranormal investigator. Apparently having had experienced alien visitation herself, she had strange round scars on her feet where an alien touched her with his hands, burning the impressions permanently.

She was over for dinner a few days later, where she amazed my entire family with predictions like, for instance, we would be moving to the west coast. (We did a few years later! To Vancouver!)

It was a cold winter night, I remember, and she wasn't feeling well. My parents had her lay on our couch. This is when things started getting weird and the next events had my rapt wide-open-eyes attention, which for a usually rambunctious boy-and-his-dog 13 year old, was a significant accomplishment.

Farida went into the bathroom and shrieked. She saw something in the mirror, apparently. She came back into the living room and laid down again on the couch. She died, then. The picture in my mind is still so clear seeing, for the first time in my life, discarded wrappings and waste left behind by the hustling paramedics who tried to revive her. My father called Dr. Hynek to break the news.

They buried her in the blowing snow in a cemetery west of the perimeter of the city. This is significant, because four years later, I came back from Vancouver to stay with my sister for a while, a short distance away.

It was during that time, at 17 years of age. I was asleep in a room with my young nephew when one of the first major events happened that began to naturally open my mind to the supernatural nature of our existence. I awoke and there was already daylight. Pretty normal, right, except one thing: I was looking DOWN at myself lying in bed! WTF! I could see my nephew, asleep, on his air mattress! I tried to shout out. I couldn't move my sleeping body below or feel anything and this went on for some time until suddenly, with me was someone I hadn't thought of in years! Farida! I came to with a strong electric jolt back down in my body and I was dumbstruck with having just encountered a woman who had died years earlier.

Oh yeah, right, you must be thinking, but honestly, I still don't understand how she was there, before me in my doppelbanger-etheric double-self up by the ceiling absolutely out-of-body. My skin just crawled again writing this.

Things didn't stop there. When I was in my mid 20's, my best friend Michael Gulka, a guitarist, was living with me in a house near the Fraser river in Surrey, B.C.

One beautiful afternoon, I was with his girlfriend Cathy in the kitchen helping her do dishes in our kitchen after a picnic. That was when I saw the biggest, whitest, moth I had ever seen, sitting on her back just below her left shoulder. That creeped me out because I am half Indonesian, like Farida, and in Indonesia, where people generally believe in ghosts and spirits, white spirit moths symbolize death. Cathy was into wicca so I kept it to myself partially to deny it, and in order not to freak her out.

The next day, Michael was with some people I didn't trust and I gave him a look and asked him to be careful in our driveway. The next night I got a call at my sister's place from Cathy and she was crying. They found Michael dead at the Flamingo hotel in Surrey. My girlfriend and I spent that night with Cathy drinking wine, and the both of us holding her listening to One by U.2. While she cried. It was Michael's favorite song. I couldn't tell her about the white moth.

The years since have been like being caught in an existential whirlwind where I actually saw smoke form into a being in a room once and seeing an incredible U.F.O. fly over me and then over the North Shore Mountains fast and quiet. Whenever I am at the ocean's edge and the moon is out and I sense the tidal force, I get a strong feeling of many other spirits calling from far away but I know that they are also very close by as well.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mikecabre, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ninosuave (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
my wife saw a white butterfly outside the window in her office... Can you tell what is the meaning of that, my wife has lumps in her breast...
nur_agustinus (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Hi Mike, can you tell me more about Farida? Please help me because I make a research about Farida and her experience with UFO. Thankyou.
nicka (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
That was a great story! I have never heard about something like this before, so I got a bit suprised.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
Dear Mikeabre,

Well, "LSNED", (Learn something new every day). Though some new things I have learned to file in file 13 (a waste basket).--Abby 😉
Mikecabre (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
Nice to meet you Bellissima and Seatle_Love_123, I believe the white moth was a spirit symbolic vision sent to me for a communicative reason, and not just an ordinary moth. Maybe it was sent perhaps by Farida. It was soo pure white and big it left me speechless. Otherwise I would have told her and tried to shoo it off her. I have no idea why I didn't. It seemed strange to me the other day while visiting my mother that she had a big brown moth in her closet. I caught it and let it go outside. At work on a highrise construction site I've been finding dead and dying ones. It is making me feel weird and sad, somehow. I appreciate the comments, they have been helping me. The experiences I shared have had a profound effect on my life.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
A great story!You've had a lot of things happen over the years. What struck me the most was the white moth in connection with the death of your friend. At the risk of sounding stupid, was the moth real or a symbolic vision of some sort?
Seatle_Love_123 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Dear Mikecabre,

When you were talking about the white moth, it reminded me of what happens to my grandmother. When she sees a black butterfly it means something bad is going to happen just recently my uncle died and she told me that a black butterfly flew over her and she got a call the next day that my uncle was sick. It was probably an omen and the elderly lady was cautioning you. I'm sorry for the death of your friend but as a lot of people I know say life isn't writen down. 😉
Mikecabre (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
Thank you everyone for the nice comments!
Abby, WTF means What the F---. Sorry for
using this expletive, but that is what I
felt finding myself out of body. I never got to speak to Dr. Hynek, personally. I was
only 13 when my father contacted him. I
didn't know anything about him until I became an adult. You can reach me at
heartonmikesleeve [at] yahoo.com if you have any more questions or feedback. Thanks, Mike.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
Dear Mikecabre,

It must have been interesting and insightful to get input in regards to your story from Dr. Allen J. Hynek. He must have had insightful answers for you. What does WTF mean? Ah, I think that was what is called your astral body you were in during your out of body state. In my opinion, the body is not divided into parts, but is one soul spirit of energy. Your story has all the elements. Thanks for sharing.--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-04)
OBE's can be a frightening experience especially when you weren't trying to do one in the first place. Sounds like you fmaily's friend maybe your spirit guide. Just a thought. Thanks for sharing your story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-04)
Wow... I don't even know what to say. This sent shivers down my spine. I'm intrigued.
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
what an amazing story
thank you so much for sharing with us
my stepfather has had a similar out of body
he told me about a while back

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: