You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Little Spanish Lady

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Spanish Lady

 

Just last summer, I was on holidays with my aunt, her husband and my cousin for 2 weeks. We went to Torrevieja, Spain and stayed in my other uncle's flat. There's always been rumours going around saying about how a young girl, maybe around 13 or 14, was murdered there. But we really took no notice, we were probably too excited.

Because we found it much too stuffy in the rooms, my cousin and I slept in the main room beside the kitchen. I remember waking up to a few pots and pans crashing to the floor the first night. Of course then my aunt came up to see what the racket was, blaming us two. I was too tired to really know what happened. Perhaps we didn't pile them up right after stacking them.

For the next few nights, nothing really paranormal happened. But around the 9th day, we came home late from a bar. For some reason that night, I slept in the bedroom but my cousin stayed in the main one as usual. Just as I was climbing into bed, a face of a girl was peering in, watching me with gentle, but dark eyes. I felt a look of desperation in them. I was shocked, of course, but you know the way you sort of paralyse. This girl had pretty features, and a pale-ish red dress. The balcony was straight outside this window, so it would be possible for someone to appear there. I remember hearing this word in my head. It sounded like "ayooda". But I just hid quickly under the covers of the bed and closed my eyes.

The next morning I found the bath was over-flowing and water covered most of the floor. A dreadful stench was in the air but I didn't know where it came from. I asked my aunt what happened, but she didn't know, and neither did my cousin or his father.

Nothing else happened while I stayed, but the day we were going back home, I thought I heard someone sobbing in the bathroom.

Is this a ghostly experience or am I just crazy? Thanks for your time reading this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sinopa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cloudaotic (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
Hey guys. I should be posting the follow-up to this soon. Unfortunately I forgot the pass to Sinopa. (Silly me! 😭) Please look out for it on this account!

Majibel & zzsgranny::
Thanks for clarifying! 😆 Yep, I'll explain it in my next story, but I'm pretty sure the little girl said "Ayuda". But zzsgranny has a point, but maybe natives to Spain would use slang? Not sure.

As I said, watch out for The Little Spanish Lady 2. ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
majibel: Thank you for the clarification... But let me ask this: if you're running down the street to escape a rapist, what would you be yelling?...Not trying to disagree, just need more clarification of the point..."Ayuda", as far as I know means to assist as in: "Will you help me fix my car?"...Not "HELP! I'M BEING CHASED BY A RAPIST!"...But, I'm not an expert in Spanish, soooo 😊

It's my opinion that if a ghost/spirit is saying "help me" there would be more to it...
majibel (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
Hello!
I'm Spanish and, unlike zzsgranny says, it's more common to say "ayuda" than "ay
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Yeah, I hope so 😉

Its also nice to think that he would feel comfortable around me 😳
Sinopa (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
Perhaps he trusts you enough now as family? Good luck on helping him if he does appear again! 😕
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
I don't know I have not seen him in a while I told him to go and find his family... But I can still sense him in my room. 😕
Sinopa (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
xXelliemayXx:
I've read it, and yeah, it's very like my story. Poor young boy, I hope he finds peace. I wonder how we can help our phantom friends? 😕
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
This little boy must have had a past of torchure... Click on my profile and you'll find it in there:)
Sinopa (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
Oh and...

XXelliemayXx:
Of course, I'd love to read it! What is the title of it?
Sinopa (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
zzsgranny:
I'm not entirely sure, it's been a while. And I'm not very good at Spanish 😭 She could have possibly said "ayudame". That is an excellent theory, but I'm not really sure how to help her. 😕

XXelliemayXx:
Yeah, but I'm not sure how come she was looking for help. And now that you say it, she was looking sort of frightened. And I remember one more thing: her hair was dripping. Water, I persume...

Bacchaegrl:
Yes, it was disheartening to hear the cries. 😭 And, yeah, I hope she finds peace too. <3

Argette:
I agree, she never hurt me or anything so I hope she finds peace.

HauntedTomboy:
I am going over this summer again, but with my mother this time. Maybe I can find out more about her, and see why she needs help. This time I'll learn some Spanish before going over!
HauntedTomboy (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Poor poor younge spirit, I hope she may cross over one day, or somone will help her. 😢
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
This story - which I am glad you shared, Sinopa - make she feel very sad indeed. As Bacchaegrl said, what a poor little spirit! I hope she can be set free.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
What a poor little spirit! It must have been rather heartbreaking to experience such a thing. She was probably trapped in the house. I don't know how you could help her. Perhaps she'll find peace someday.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Or carrying on from zzsgranny's comment is it possible that the little girl wanted help from you.
As you said she was upset and you could hear her sobbing.
When you saw her what did her face look like? Did she look upset at all? I know you said you got a feeling of desperation maybe that confirms she was looking for your help with something?

Sorry for intruding zzsgranny 😳

Thankyou for sharing... I find this quite similar to one of my stories about a little boy. Read it if you are interested:)

xXelliemayXx ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Sinopa: I believe the word is "ayuda", but "help me" is "ayudame"...Maybe someone more experienced in the language could clarify, but I don't think the word "ayuda" is the proper word when used in the implied context... In other words, one wouldn't say "ayuda" (help) if they were in need of assistance, they would say "auxilio"...

So, is it possible the little ghost wanted to help you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: