You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Sleep Paralysis Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Sleep Paralysis Experiences

 

My name is Ashley and I am 20 years old, I'm new to this site, so please bear with me.

My very first experience happened when I was 18 years old. It was about 12:30 at night and I had been asleep for a few hours before I started feeling a pressure on my body. I opened my eyes, only to realize that I couldn't move my limbs, or make any noise. I was just stuck there, laying on my side facing my bedroom wall. Finally at one point I was able to move my head, and when I looked behind me there was a little boy standing next to my bed. He didn't say a word, or move he just stood there and stared at me. When I finally snapped out of it, the little boy was gone and everything was normal again.

A few months ago, I had 2 more encounters, each about a month or so apart. My second experience was possibly the most frightening to me. It was around 7 a.m. And my boyfriend at the time and I had just fallen asleep. At first it felt like something was crawling all over me, but when tried to feel around to see what was there I couldn't move. I didn't want this to happen again so I started to panic, I kept trying to scream out for John, and I kept hearing my voice, but he wouldn't budge. I didn't want to open my eyes, but something told me to look above myself. Big mistake. Standing at the head of the bed was a big black figure, it looked like it was on all fours. I remember it having large red eyes, and horns. That made me panic even more, I squeezed my eyes shut and started trying to scream, eventually it worked and John woke up. I made him turn the television on so there was light and I couldn't sleep at all after that.

My third experience happened when I was sleeping in my niece's room at my older sisters house. The only thing I really remember from that was seeing a little girl standing next to the bed. She was so vivid. It looked as if she was 8 to 10 years old. She had medium length brown hair, & she was wearing a really old fashioned dress. Earlier that day, before that I heard a little girl talking in the apartment... But there was no one around.

These experiences are different every time. I don't always see things, so the 3 encounters I shared are the ones that stick out the most. I just need to know that I'm not alone...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashleynicolexx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gblara (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
You should pray every morning and night. Try not to sleep face up, sleep on your side or face down. I have had experiences like these. I don't think it is sleep paralysis. You need to find god.
Tenshineko (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
I used to experience frequent sleep paralysis episodes since childhood; they were often accompanied by terrifying feelings of oppression, unseen entities, ugly very real nightmares, in which I was convinced I was awake and in my bed. Then... Eureka! At some point, I became aware that these unpleasant phenomena only happened when I fell asleep on my left side. And that was it! When I drift off into sleep in that position, I many times feel the announcing signs of an SP episode; if I'm lucky and not too tired, I usually manage to snap out of it and quickly change position, which instantly solves the problem.
sabuchanan (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
I have experienced sleep paralysis many times and it is very disconcerting. One time I could feel something reaching for me from under the bed. My Dad was visiting at the time and I tried to call out to him, but I could not move or speak. Finally I was able to snap out of it and everything was OK, but it was terrifying
ghostgirlforever (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
ashelynicolexx, You're expiriences are very frightining the fact that you've had it 3 times is unusual and unnatural I have had similar encounters but wierdly only on holiday nights.

Im am going to study on sleep paralysis
Thank you
❤-Ghostgirlforever
ellie1095 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
You are not alone. I've been experiencing these things since I was 11. This has happened so many times that I've lost count. I can't scream, can't move, sometimes I can't open my eyes. Once I felt like there was a hole in my chest, like someone was hurting me. I opened my eyes and tried to scream but couldn't. I just lay there looking at my sister hoping she would wake up. Don't be scared. After sometime you'll get used to it.
ilovemexicanfood (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
hi ashley, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm sure you feel some relief telling us. I had similiar experience actually a lot the same where I can't move or speak, and I see this black shadow hovering over me and trying to do bad things to me. I just haven't experience seeing people. Be strong and pray to god to protect you. If you can play something religious of the bible on tape or cd. Keep in touch and always have some sort of light in your room. ❤ ❤
flagg79 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-26)
You are definitely not alone. My episodes started when I was 22 years old. I am 32 now. Before that, I never experienced anything like it.

It tends to happen to me more often when I fall asleep laying on my back. When they do happen, I am so used to them, I sense it and think "Oh great, here we go again." Somehow knowing what is happening as it is happening makes it less frightening.

Any questions, feel free to email or ask here. All the best, dudette!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
I would best estimate that thousands of people every day and night would suffer from Sleep paralysis, so your not alone by no means, you can over come it and accepting the condition for what it is, is usually a good starting point... In the area of our brain is a gland known as the penal gland... As we go to sleep or as we are waking up, the penal gland works like a light switch... It transit us into a state of dreaming and brings us back out into a state of concious awareness... Sometimes the penal gland can get caught on flickering (using the light switch analogy) for a period of time and it is here where these experiences (S/P) can transpire... 99 percent of the time, these accounts are fuelled by one's sub conscious awareness of the disposition they are in, or a sense of something not feeling right combined with thoughts of fear usually create the illusion of being pinned to the bed... You are basically held hostage by your own imagination, perhaps there's a little more to the condition than meets the eye... And that's what makes it harder for people to accept when enduring their unfortunate account!
gabbybolt (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
I've never experienced or researched anything about Sleep Paralysis, so I can't really help you out. But I've had some pretty scary experiences with (spirits) . I attract spirits because I'm more on my dads side of the family (I can't explain what exactly goes on)
Freshprince (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Your for sure not alone! I've had it 3 times myself! Altho never a boy or anything it's always been the dark figure you talked about I believe in your second time. I found I couldn't talk or anything either and it began to choke me I found the only way to get it to stop was start reciting prayers. Anyways your not alone it happens to a lot of people!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: