You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: GA House Guest

Real Ghost Stories

GA House Guest

 

My parents had the house I grew up in, in Lawrenceville, GA built in 1986. My father has always been very OCD about locking down the house. My mom worked mornings and my brother and I would be at school during the day on weekdays. My father worked nights, so he would be alone at the house most of the day on weekdays. On several occassions he would hear the front door open and slam shut, he would call down to see if it was me or my brother coming home from school and when he received no reply, he would walk downstairs to check and the front door would be totally unlocked. He would check around the house and would always come across nothing.

GA House Guest

Another time, my mom was cooking in the kichen. My father has just left to grab something from the store. My turned around to the cat hissing and saw a shadowy figure that proceeded to vanish after moments of her seeing it.

Many nights my brother would wake up screaming and crying because he swore someone else was in our house, my parents would make their rounds around the house and would find nothing.

I never got an eerie feeling or noticed anything myself until we went back to Georgia to visit and decided to pay a visit to our old house, which is now in foreclosure. I took several pictures and didn't notice the face in the window in one particular picture until I brought the camera home and uploaded the pictures to the computer.

The only thing I can think from research is that our house ghost came from the house being built on top of where a person may have been buried or died?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ceraby21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

d2424 (5 stories) (18 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-03)
I seen the face it looked kind of creepy to me. But thanks for sharing your story. The face is in the top left corner of the photo it is kind of white and hard to see at first.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Was a little difficult but I couldn't see the face myself, I'm with Miracles on this I can see perhaps a cat in the bottom right and the small dark shadow looks like a mouse standing up! Hence the cat! Lol.

I sense you had a lot of residual energy in the home replaying itself. Nothing interacted intentionally to get there attention did it?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
Oh, wow. When I saw the face, it startled me. I wonder, though, just taking outside situations into consideration... Could that be the reflection of the trees and clouds? Looking at the trees nearby, it's possible it could just be a glimpse of the spindly branches and tufts of leaves...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
My vision is so that I cannot make out much in the photo you have posted. However, from reading your account of the activity, I would hazard a guess that since your parents had the house built, and you haven't included any outside history of the property in question, perhaps you were dealing with a family spirit. Someone related to either your mother or fathers side of the family who had passed close to the time you moved in.
That's my best guess, take it as you will.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Ceraby21 - I'm not making light of your story at all, but the picture in the corner of the window looks like just that to me: a picture of a woman that someone left sitting in the window sill. And if you look at the black silhouette on the right, to me it looks just like a black cat😉

You said that your family had moved from the home and the home is in foreclosure, so anything is possible. I know a lot of people facing foreclosure leave personal belongings behind. I think this could be the case.
JennyTee (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Wow,creepy photo! I see what appears to be a face in the whiteness of the photo. I see eyes a nose and mouth. I could be imagining though. But it is the first thing I saw. I practicaly recoiled from the screen! 😲
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
I see, what appears to be a 'creature' in the bottom right hand corner of the window. Not sure, but creepy story.
Thank you for sharing. 😨
MissEmoVampire (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
I agree with the comments. I see no face but there is something eerie about that picture in the window. Try uploading some more pictures of the house because maybe one of us people may see something you may not see.

MEV x
JackalLantern (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
Seconded. It certainally looks strange but I wouldn't say it's a face, just a case of pareidolia. Good story though.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
I see a strange reflection in the window but no face. Still, it's not a benign photo, for some reason.

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: