You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghosts Who Helped

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Who Helped

 

My name is Prakhar and I am a resident of Jaipur, Rajasthan. I am 19 years old. The experience I am going to share with you is something that happened with my dad back in 1992 when I wasn't even born. My dad often tells us about it. My mom and dad got married in 1991 and this is an experience of an year later. Its an entirely true incident, nothing fake.

It was my maternal uncle's wedding and mom-dad and the rest of the family had gone to Bareilly (UP) to attend the wedding. During nightfall when ceremonies were about to happen, my dad suddenly felt sick and went to my maternal grandfather's quarter to take rest, which was alloted to him by the army. The quarter was located in the cantonment area of the town. Its not very populated and falls on a little outer. Anyway, my dad went to take some rest at around 8 PM in the night. He had some sleep and woke up at 10 P.M. When he felt slightly better and decided to go back to the wedding.

Now what happened next is totally inexplicable. Since the distance of the wedding venue from the quarter wasn't much and my dad was feeling slighty better too, he decided to cover the distance by foot. Like I told you, the cantonment area was less populated and the road from the quarter to the venue of the wedding was a little lonesome too. Now when my dad covered half the way, the light went off. It was a powercut. Hence, all the street lights went off and it was pitch black all of a sudden. Anyway, my dad continued walking. He had hardly covered 100 metres when a jeep came and stopped by. It had two men occupying the front seats. Without looking at him in the eye, the driver asked my dad whether he'd like a lift to the wedding venue. My dad was surprised to know that they were aware of his destination. But since it was the only wedding in the locality that day, he assumed that its a normal thing.

Anyway, he agreed for the lift and sat in the jeep with the two men. The venue was still more than two miles away. During the way, the two men neither looked at each other, nor at my dad. And the most eerie thing was that none of them uttered a single word during the entire lift. Generally people do talk a little to each other at such happenings, but they didn't. Obviously, my dad immediately got the feeling that something was definitely wrong with the two men. He just started chanting a little prayer until they reached the wedding venue.

While on the way, my aunt and her husband crossed the jeep on there scooter and my dad called out to them. Shockingly, they didn't hear him although the distance between the two vehicles was not even 3 metres. Besides, the speed was very low too. Anyway, Finally there came a point from where the wedding venue was just hundred metres. The driver stopped the jeep all of a sudden. He told my dad that they wouldn't go further at any cost, and that my dad would have to get down there only. My dad was surprised but he couldn't have forced them to drive further, so he got down. Now when my dad turned around to thank the driver, the jeep wasn't there anymore. On the long road, it wasn't visible until far ends in both the directions. My dad got a chill down his spine. And as he tells, those 100 metres from the spot where the two men dropped him to the wedding venue were the most difficult for him to cover. Somehow he managed to walk to the venue quickly and narrated the entire story to my mother who herself had an interrogative look on her face after hearing what had happened.

Today when my dad tells this story to anyone, people still get confused thinking who those two men were...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, prakhar_608, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-04)
Dear prakhar_608,
Why didn't the spirits escort your dad right to the venue? Why did they drop him 100 metres away? Was it because of the wedding (holy rituals)? Did this question occur to you? I'm wondering too:)
nikita2012 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Hi,
Thank you for such intersting story. It shows that there some ghost who are helpful and not to scare others, that we usually hear in stories. 😁 😁 😁
prakhar_608 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
Bluerose19

Thank You for your feedback. No, my dad didn't share it with my maternal uncle as it was his wedding, so he thought it could have disturbed him. But later when it was being discussed, I guess all family had the same opinion i.e it was a case of army men's spirits. Although we aren't sure of anything yet.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
From the kind of area that you have mentioned in the story (army cantonment), I get a feeling like those 2 men in the jeep were spirits of army men who had previously worked in that area or deployed to help passersby around that area. They must be good-willed spirits and hence your dad had been lucky not to have encountered them and not other harmful spirits in that area. Those 2 helping spirits might also did have the knowledge that the area was not a safe one (bad spirits residing in there), so they offered to help your dad with the short journey. I have a question that did your dad tell this incident to your maternal uncle after the incident?...He might have knowledge of any accidental deaths involving his senior or fellow colleagues that might have taken place in that area. Take care!
prakhar_608 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
[at] venky

Its unfortunate, but my dad doesn't remember anything about their appearance. They were dressed up like normal people I guess, but the spooky thing about them was their behaviour, their silence.
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
prakhar_608 it's really a nice experience you have shared with us. 😁
I hope this mistery should continue in every story and we would experience the meet with such entities.
😜
But how does they looks like?
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
wow, prakhar, the story of your father's experience is really a great story. I really like it a lot. Thank you for sharing this awesome experience of your father's to us. 😊
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Prakhar - something else just struck me.
For a confirmed report, you can visit the local government hospital for records of death. The local police station will also be able to help you. This way, you will get proper and controlled information and not exaggerated tidbits...
prakhar_608 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Amit- Thanks a ton. I'd be searching for newspaper archieves and other sources you mentioned tonight. 😊
prakhar_608 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
JennyTee- Thank You. No, my dad didn't have any idea who those two men were. Maybe messengers. But in any case, they proved to be a help. 😊
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
No problem at all Prakhar. If you want to cross verify, look for newspaper archives, especially the ones with the larger circulation in Bareilly. That may help you get more information. Honestly, I had just 20 minutes to myself in which I managed to dig this up.
If you and your father want answers (I can relate to that because my pop loves solving puzzles... 😁), look for information about BSF postings, 1992 riots, and road rage during the mentioned time.

Hope it helps!
Amit
prakhar_608 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Jav- True indeed, my father does feel proud. It was the first time a shared a story on this site, I am delighted with the positive response. Thank You 😊

Adsouza- Thank You so much for all the research. Honestly, I didn't have the slightest idea about what might have been the reason behind this. But after all this help from you, I am sure I can have some really nice discussion with my dad tonight. 😁
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
I loved this story! A genuinely spine chilling tale that I can understand has baffled your dad for many years! Thanks for sharing 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
adsouza,
Sorry buddy, I am just going to remain impressed. Can't take that away from me, man. I'm on a roll! πŸ˜†

Jav
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Jav - LOL
It's actually very simple. I looked for related details in the newspaper archives. Besides, Prakhar said it was around 1992. That made my search easier. 1992 was not one of our finest years in India politically.
😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Okay...Wow and double wow!
First for the wonderful narrative from you prakhar. It was truly a chilling and delightful telling of your fathers account. And thank you so much for sharing it with us. I love to hear about this type of experience, it gives me hope. You did your father proud in the telling of it.

Now for the second "wow".
[at] adsouza:
How do you continue to do what you do? I'm starting to believe you might be some superhero in hiding here. 😜 I'm not even going to ask the details from you, but I like what you do buddy. I really do.

Jav 😊
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
MizMiMi - To answer your question: There was an accident involving a vehicle registered in a place called Chamoli in Uttar Pradesh around the time (Don't ask me how I got that... I am just in the zone today!)

Prakhar - The individuals involved in helping you father may have been the BSF sentries who had died in the mentioned accident. There was a BSF regiment posted in the area due to certain disturbances during that time.

This is one of the many possibilities.

I looked through some archives and came up with this information and unfortunately, this is all I have for now.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
I really like this story. Perhaps they wanted to make sure that no harm came to your dad during his walk in the dark. Did something happen on that road that night, that they may have saved your dad from? Thanks for sharing.
JennyTee (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
What a fantastic story! 😊 I really enjoy stories like this. Did he have any idea who they might have been?
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
I love your story. I always enjoy stories from India. Very interesting. I wonder why "they" gave your dad a lift and who they were. Thank you for sharing.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
They are messengers... Their messages and actions could mean different things to different people, maybe your dad got his meaning, now it is your turn to derive your own message from it all. Meditation could help! 😁

Blessed Be!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: