You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Little Girl In Our House

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl In Our House

 

I was sat in my room one day, reading in bed. I could see something in the corner of my eye by the door way, but I didn't want to look across because I was trying to read my book. However, it was really bugging me, so I looked over.

Stood in my doorway was a girl, who looked about 7-8. She had long dark hair in ringlets, and wore an old fashioned dress from 1900-1930s period. She was staring at me, but it felt like she was stood there for ages, but she had only really been there for a second.

I went a told my older sister, because I didn't want to tell my mum in case she thought I was being stupid. My sister went pale when I told her, and put her hand over her mouth. She said 'Oh my god, did she have curly hair in ringlets, and wearing an old fashioned dress?'

My sister had seen her a few years before me, skipping round our dining table downstairs. We went and told my mum, and she said that my auntie saw her walking down the stairs. A few weeks after I saw her, my dads friend saw her standing by the fridge we have in our garden pub. When my dad came back in, his friend said 'Dev, is your house haunted?' My dad said yes, and his friend said, 'I just saw a little girl stood by the fridge.'

This happened last year, and two weeks ago my dads friend saw her again, in the same place he saw her last time.

My mum has been to see a clairvoyant, and they say she isn't a relative of ours who passed away, and that she didn't used to live in our house. They said she is connected to our family because we are very spiritual. I really want to do a seance, to try and find out more information about her.

Other hauntings by lauracanflyy

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lauracanflyy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Firstly what! You have a Garden Pub! Thats seriously awesome I'm a bit jealous over here!😁

This girl seems inquisitive and friendly I do not feel she means any harm, just recognition. If you do want to try finding more info, try finding EVP, simply use a voice recorder leave it on in a particular room in your home preferably when nobody is home for at least a few hours and then replay it back.

I recommend doing this before asking questions whilst using the recorder, as this involves yourself asking for direct communication with the spirit. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
In my opinion seances and ouiji boards are pretty similar. They're both medthods in which you're inviting spirits to communicate with you. So unless you have proper knowledge or experience in conducting a seance and/or have a medium/clarivoyant present, I wouldn't advise on it.

Please seek professional advise and don't take matters into your own hands when it comes to communicating with the other world. Once certain doors are open, you'll find that it might be hard to close.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
I think a seance isn't such a bad idea BrokenAngel79. A ouiji board is a bad idea. Seance are much more safer in my opinion. I think that the clair. Might have been wrong, I think that she does have something to do with the house. Why not try and look into the history of your home or your land. But you should try and connect her, it would be pretty cool, if I do say so myself. 😉
GIRLIE ❤
Bunky_Chewy (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Great Story. Maybe This Little Girl Has Some Kind Of Connection With Your Ancestors. You Should Ask Your Mom About It Or Research It. Good Luck (:

❤ Chewy
BrokenAngel79 (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
A seance is NEVER a good idea! You don't know what you may call up. If now done right, you could summon every paranormal being in your area. Believe me, you DON'T want to deal with some of the things that are out there. If you really want to contact this spirit, get some professionals who know what they're doing. DON'T try to contact this girl on you own. Sometimes demons and evil spirits will disguise themselves as harmless looking people, little girls are a common disguise. Be very careful, until you know what you're dealing with.
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
I think maybe your mom doesn't really know that she lives in your house long ago. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: