You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Unknown

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Unknown

 

In 2000, my dad built a house in the suburbs of Rowlett, Texas. We moved in the summer of 2001, just a few months before 9/11. The house was rather large, containing four bedrooms and an upstairs office above the garage. This was a brand new house, mind you, and it wasn't built "creepy". On the contrary, at night, the property seemed to change.

I'd usually make it home just after dark, and sometimes I would see my bathroom light on. My dad always sat in a chair across the living room from my room, and when I'd get in, I would go straight to my bathroom to find the light off. In one instance, it was actually flashing on and off, and I ran inside quickly just to see my dad in his usual spot. And, of course, the bathroom would be empty, and the lights were off.

After a few months of that, it was replaced by all of my doors opening while I was sleeping. I never witnessed this, being asleep. But, every night I made a point to close all of the doors in my room, bathroom, closet and the main door. Every morning I'd look over, and all of the doors would be slightly open, I'd say about 4-5".

I had gotten use to the strange and unusual happenings in that house, and it seemed like every time I would stop reacting, it would change its' game plan. After the door scares, it moved on to something bigger, and more dangerous.

My dad and I had power struggles, and they would get pretty intense. The night we peaked, he stormed upstairs to his office, I sat in a bar stool looking over the kitchen. I heard a loud knock in my room and as I turned around to look, a plate flew out of the cabinet and into the wall across the room. When my dad heard he ran downstairs and chewed me out. He didn't believe what I was telling him, even though he found me standing on the opposite side of the bar.

My dog, Jack, was getting sick, he stopped eating and frequently barked and urinated in apparent fear. We could never figure out what was scaring him or why his health was declining. He took his last breath with his chin on my leg, looking into my room.

The last thing to ever happen before I left, I thought I saw something going up the stairs to my dads office, and around the corner. When I followed, the air got cold, freezing, in fact. It was late August and it had just started to cool down in the Dallas suburb but, this was beyond a fall breeze.

I followed up the stairs and what I saw made my body go completely numb and motionless. There was a pitch black cloud in front of my dads office window; it was dark enough to completely block the sunlight coming through it leaving just an evil silhouette. I couldn't move or speak, I could only watch as the figure seemed to disappear through that window.

I moved out in 2006, and my dad has still never seen or heard anything in his house, and refuses to believe me about any of it. I don't know how a brand new house can be haunted, but what I experienced there doesn't exactly have me looking for answers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Atlas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

themiss (16 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
I enjoyed reading your story.
The doors being slightly opened could have been your dog...? From experience my dog will come into my room while I'm sleeping and the door will stay ajar. Could be a possibly, jut thought I'd state.
But other than that maybe the house was built on something.
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
i have had very similar things happen, not a plate but something thrown at me which hit me, and things being moved or knocked, seeing the odd thing etc.
All during the months where a lot of emotional ups and downs were going on in my family home, especillly a lot of arguments and stress. Somethings happening moments after the 'biggest emotional outbursts' so to speak.

You were also a teenager so one could say vulnerable which I think is also another attraction. I'd want to guess that as Shellzy said there was something feeding off the energy that probably was just already there.
sara77 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Glad to hear that the tension is all in the past and so sorry to hear about your dog 😢
Atlas (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Oh and I haven't had any experiences and the house actually seems brighter when I come to visit.
Atlas (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
I think the both of you are right, because since I moved away, my dad and I HAVE completely set aside our differences. Now we're actually pretty close. Maybe it was just hanging around to remind me I was just being an unruly teenager and wanted to scare the crap out of me! 😁
sara77 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Atlas
That is a good question, How do brand new houses get to be haunted? I personally feel that spirits are sometimes just attracted to certain people. And I have heard that sometimes places of high emotion ie fighting and anger seem to attract the wrong sort of company... That being said I'm certainly no expert and may be talking out my ar$e 😆
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Hi Atlas

Im thinking that there was a sprit or energy in the house that was feeding off the negative energy between you and your father. It is interesting that the plate smashed just after you had an intense argument with him. Thanks for sharing 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: