You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Haunted Story

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted Story

 

My name is Chelsea. I have grown up in a small town, Auburn Massachusettes and I have lived at the same place for nineteen years now. Recently I found out that my house is 100 years old and that it was one of the only houses on my street back in the 1900's. Everything surrounding my house before I lived here, was farmland. In my basement, there is a bomb shelter and also evidence of my house burning down at one point. I also heard that my house wasn't the only house to burn down on my street. In the 1970's, almost every house that was on the street had burned down without any clue as to why they did. My parents had not bought the house until 1990 and I was born 1992. My parents had completely rebuilt the house and my dad filled in the bomb shelter with pavement and welded it shut. There was also a well down there at one point but my dad took that out as well. Ever since I was a little girl, creepy things have been happening to me and my sister. I remember when I was 13 years old, I had a nightmare so I started walking into my living room to go upstairs into my parents room so they would comfort me. While I was walking up the stairs to my parents room, I saw a little girl standing on the stairs with long brown braided hair and she also had a bonnet on her head. She was wearing a white shirt and shorts and she looked like she was about 9 years old. She smiled at me and I smiled back at her, with suspicion because I felt that she was not real. I asked her who she was and she just looked at me with no response. I moved my hand out and tried to touch her but my hand went right through her like heavy air. She still didn't go away when I tried to touch her. I then realized that she was a spirit and I ran upstairs crying and told my parents what had happened to me.

My parents didn't believe me of course, but after that day, I saw more and more of her. I started feeling unwelcome in my own house. I knew that she was a nice spirit, but there was more then just her. And the more I talked about everything, bad things started happening. I remember one night, I had a sleep over with my friend Nicole. I was telling her all of the things that were happening to me. After I told her my stories, we ended up falling asleep. The next morning, I heard a loud bang in my sister's room. I walked into her room and found her on the floor and her left eyeball was bleeding. She fell and hit her eye on the corner of her computer desk. She had to go to the hospital to get surgery. On that same day, I was walking down the cellar stair and I fell. But it wasn't just a fall. It felt like someone had actually pushed me down the stairs and I almost banged my head on the wall but I stopped it with my hand. After that had happened, my dad came home from having dinner with his close friend Shawn. When he was out to dinner, he had chocked on a piece of steak and almost died. If it were not for a guy that had been working there that night, my dad wouldn't be here. I have been afraid to talk about these things with anyone else since that day. I feel like they were warning me by harming my two family members and then me.

But it gets creepier... One night, I left the door open between me and my sisters room. I usually did this on nights that she was home because she was scared. That same night, I ended up having a bad dream and woke up around 3 am. My t.v. Was off and my room was completely dark. I looked into my sisters room and in the crack of the door, there was this dark figure. It was darker than night. The figure had glowing yellow eyes and sharp teeth. It was staring at me; I was staring at whatever it was as well. I started looking closely because I didn't believe it was there. I felt like my mind was playing tricks on me. But as I looked closer at it, it started walking towards me. It got closer and closer and I got so scared that I looked away for a second. When I looked back, it was in the middle of my room. I jumped out of bed, turned on my light and it was gone. I haven't slept with that door open between our rooms ever since that happened. Whatever that was, it was real. And it was after me...

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chels54321, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

paranormalobserver (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
chels54321,

This sounds frightening. How recent is the activity? If you are interested in getting help from John Zaffis and his investigative team please send your story and contact info to helpthehaunted [at] gmail.com. Thanks
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
chels54321,
I know you are gone now but you still didn't answer all of my questions or that of others.
chels54321 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
I have talked to my sister and she has experienced the same things that I have. She did not experience the dark figure in her room, however. I was the only one in the house that has experienced something like that. I know you all think I claim to be a medium, but I really am one... My parents know that creepy things have been happening because they heard all of me and my sisters stories. My mom even told me that when I was little, she heard the basement door open and shut and it would continue to do so all night long.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
chelsea - the little girl you saw? Are you sure this is what she was wearing: "a bonnet on her head. She was wearing a white shirt and shorts"? I'm trying to get a time-frame for when she might have been alive. The bonnet is the same kind worn back in the horse and buggy days, like Little House on the Prairie?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
As sds and rook said, I will be reading your second account before I comment any further but I do have questions about this story. Sorry if it's a repeat of the other posters.

(1) Yeah, when we are younger, most parents tend not to believe us when we tell something paranormal happened. My question is what have they said if and when you told them after growing up a bit?

(2) You said that your sister hurt herself; were you able to her account of what happened? Like was she pushed off and how was she feeling?

(3) You said your sister experienced stuff also, what happened to her?

(4) Also, did your sister ever tell your parents about what happened?

(5) Has your parents ever experienced anything in the house?

(6) As suggested by newhunter30, Rook's cleansing method works so I suggest using it but has any cleansing or blessing happen in the house?

(7) For your last experience in the story, did the thing with the yellow eyes and sharp teeth come from your sister's room or was it already in your room?

(8) Also, if this creature was coming from your sister's room, did your sister see it too and was she awake?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
chels54321,

I wanted to ask you did you discuss this issue with your sister because you said that she was scared and what about. Number two is that you said that you have been in this house for over 19 years and now that you have told us through this site, don't you think that, if you fear that they were warning you against speaking to any one about their activities, they may come after you? Well, these are just questions.

But as rook said, I would read your second story also.

Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards,

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
chels54321,

I'm going to read your part 2 before saying anything, but at this point I have to echo newhunters question... What do you think they were warning you about?

I'll comment further on your part 2.

Respectfully,

Rook
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Sounds kind of creepy, when you said you feel like they were warning you what do you mean, do you mean not to talk about it? Have you talked to your sister about her fall, maybe it was an accidental fall or maybe it was more you need to find out from her if she felt anything. How do you know she was a nice spirit was it a feeling or just because she was a little girl you assumed she was? The figure I can not say I have experience with anything of that description but I would highly recommend asking ROOKDYGIN for his method of cleansing your home. He has a good method and is willing to share it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: