You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Eerie Room

Real Ghost Stories

My Eerie Room

 

Im not sure where to start, but here it goes. Ever since I could remember, my room has always felt eerie! My first experience in my room was when is about 5-9 years old. I would wake up from being deeply asleep and saw my walls like melting! It freaked me out and it happened a couple of times. I couldn't sleep after I saw that so I asked my mom if she'd sleep with me in the living room. She was pissed, but still did it.

Then usually when I was laying down watching cartoons waiting to fall asleep, my bed would start to shake! I was in shock and couldn't move! It would shake then stop. Then start up again. I tried telling my mom but of course she was skeptic and told me I was just scaring myself. So I eventually learned to sleep with the shaking and it eventually went away.

Another thing I remember while turning over in my sleep is looking at my closet and seeing a tall dark shadow figure. He had a fishermans hat and a hook and just looked at me. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep. Then I opened my eyes 5 minutes later and it was gone.

When I was about 14-15, I drew a black pentagram on my ceiling (wicca form) and when I went to lay down, it was the most eerie feeling ever! So I got up, turned my light on and covered it up. I'm now thinking about and realized it could've been a portal! I was a pretty evil child and I know there was probably so many portals in my room from how morbid I was. That definately could be why people would say my room gave them a weird feeling. I was fine in it, but I guess I was just used to the things watching me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, helter-skelter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
Gabriella,
Im glad I'm not the only one whos experienced the shaking bed lol. Thanks for sharing!
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Ive experienced bed shaking too, and I know I wasn't imagining it because my cat felt it too! It was like someone was under pushing it in the air and it would get harder and harder at the point where I almost bounced on the bed, I ran away and the bed continued, I left the house that day with my cat, and when I came back it wasn't shaking anymore and it never did it again 😲 weirdest thing ever.

All the best!
helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
LOL you guys! I was wondering when it would end! Lol jk. Acceptable comments too lol. If you guys were talking about lady gaga in my comments then that wouldve been off subject and just tick me off haha. But I know that wasn't the case. I like how I learn something from every comment. Thank you!

An appreciative writer,
Helter-skelter
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Jesus_soldier,

I have one last thing to say...

GO ODD BALLS!

We now return you to your Regularly Scheduled Comments.

Respectfully,

Rook
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Rook: Yeah, it's sad how the positive can turn into the negative. There are times where even the negative gets turned into the positive. I hear slang terminology all the time, "That guy is sick!". I don't know, I would rather not be sick.

The world (people) does this though. It's very easy to conform, but the people that don't, are seen as the odd balls. I think a person saw the cross with Jesus on it, and thought, "Hey, let's do the opposite, and wear him upside down.", which was then known as the 'new trend'. The world is like that though.

JS aka Brandon

P.S. Excuse me O/P, I apologize for using so much space on your page. I'm done now.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Jesus_soldier,

It's sad that people now think the upside down cross is just that... A mockery of Christ and that 'so called' Satanic Worshipers say it represents their 'worship of the Devil'.

I have so much fun if I run into someone and I point out the facts I mentioned to you... And include the fact that the Roman Catholic Church uses the symbol of the upside down cross to symbolize the link between the Pope and St. Peter.

So yes... Modern day 'Satanist' use it to 'express' their 'religious beliefs' but by using the 'TRUTH' it makes them 're-think' just what that 'cross' represents.

Respectfully,

Rook
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Rook: Yeah I do realize that. A lot of early Christians were crucified like that. That was a long time ago though. The upside down cross is now seen as mocking Jesus death. I can understand if a person wanted to die that way, but to wear a upside down cross is...backwards, and a skip away from worshipping Satan. No, not a skip, a shuffle.

JS aka Brandon
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Jesus_soldier,

You do realize that the upside down cross is the symbol of St. Peter... He requested he not be put to death in the same manner as Christ had and due to his 'Last Request' he was Crucified on an Upside Down Cross.

(Bad Joke Time...)

The devil is in the details... 😲

Respectfully,

Rook
helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
I would say that Albuquerque is the least creepiest here in NM haha.
helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Seeker,
Thanks for reading my story. I can't wait to read about yours!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
helter,
It probably is just a case of you living there all your life and being used to it. But yeah, when you get to thinking about certain areas it gives you the willies.

Jav
helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
JS,
Thanks for reading my story!:) I also thank you for enlightening me, that made me feel a bit better.

Jav,
that's eerie! You know what? I agree. Thinking about it, I remember going through Laguna and it was very creepy feeling.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Seeker1,
I know what you mean. That place got to me. And I had to drive through there every time I went home on leave. I swear, I don't know what it is about those canyons, it's not like I didn't grow up around canyons all my life, but through there? That's some eerie stuff going on. Gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it! 😲

Jav
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
A upside down pentagram is actually the face of baphomet (pagan deity, started in the 19th century as a figure of occultism and Satanism). That could be the reason why you might of felt uncomfortable with it. I guess it depends on how a person looks at it, because a cross can be for protection, but if turned upside down? You see what I mean? I'm not saying the pentagram is evil people, so...let's just make that clear. I'm glad your doing better though. Thank you for sharing.

JS aka Brandon
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Helter & Jav,

I lived in Alamogordo for several years as my husband spent the last of his 20 years in the USAF. Believe me when I tell you I had several experiences there and in Gallup NM too that I will submit when they have posted my first story (not about NM). I had several things happen to me when I worked at the base exchange in Alamogetto. Spooked me but good too. Lol
So, Jav, I don't blame you guys for high tailing it outta there.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
When I was in the Air Force, back in the late 70s, I was driving home from Lubbock Texas to California, on leave. My roommate from the barracks was with me at the time. She was from back east and wanted to see the Pacific Ocean, but as we were traveling along it got to be pretty funny. Every time she saw something new I had to pull over and get a picture of her standing next to it. I think there were at least 5 different cacti she just couldn't pass up, and then when she saw that we actually grew stuff down here, she had to have a picture of (and these are her words) the 'agriculture'. Holy crap! The first time she saw a tumble weed I almost peed my pants laughing! "What are those brown things rolling around?" So you can see why I say it got pretty funny. Anyway, we had started out at night from Lubbock and were going to take turns driving. Somewhere outside of Alamagordo she started to take her turn behind the wheel. About a half hour later, as I was drifting off to sleep, she pulls the car over and was all shaky and breathing hard. I was kind of blinky eyed and asked what was wrong. She said that she was coming around the last curve and out of nowhere some guy jumped in front of the car. And right when we should have hit him, he jumped straight up in the air and was gone!
I asked "Why are we sitting here? Let's get away from this spot!" And she hit the gas as soon as she realized what I meant, and we were gone! Never stopped for anything but gas until we hit the Arizona border. Same thing on the way back home. We just drove on through like our lives depended on it.

Jav
helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Jav,
Have you had any experiences here in New Mexico? Because if so,, id like to know. I don't get that feeling here that youre talking about, but maybe its because I have lived here all my life lol:)

Thanks for reading,
Helter-skelter
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
helter-skelter,
You live in New Mexico? That in itself is one thing to consider. The amount of activity there doesn't get talked about much, does it? Ever wonder why? I know it bothers me just to drive through some spots. Especially the canyons. That noise that comes down through those canyons will freak anyone out. The land there is different than Arizona and Texas. I believe it has to do with something ancient, at least that's how it feels to me. Don't get me wrong, I love it there, it's absolutely some of the most beautiful scenery the southwest has to offer, but there is some weird stuff going on there, I don't know what it is. But like I said, I can feel it when I drive through.

Jav
helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Well fergie, Rook did a good job explaining to you (of coarse:)) and I'm glad now you know! Lol and thank you all for reading my story. Theres more to come.
helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Pjod lmfao dude! Haha I was way young for that and until this day I won't try mushrooms! For the reason being my mind may scare me haha
helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Yes, you guys are right about the movie lol. That freaked me out when I was young so something had to take its form?... And Rook, thanks Rook for educating me:) SDS, I know my moms house (I don't live there anymore thank god) is in fact haunted. People have seen a female ghost walking the same path and into my hallway. I guess she hung herself herself in the backroom. She has to be a negative spirit because the energy in my moms house is just negative. Everyone is constantly fighting and etc so that's why I left! My mom told me something creepy that had happened when I left... She had a pic of the virgin mary on the wall and it started to move, like swing back and forth. Alot has happened there and I know its full of negative spirits as well as a few nice ones.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
I've seen a few walls melt when I was younger... Mostly after ingesting some special mushrooms or cacti. Considering you were 5 or 6 years old, I can only assume this was not the case. I can only wonder what would cause such a hallucination.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
zeta - you're welcome 😊 I hate scary movies, but I actually like those LOL.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Oh yeah... That is the movie I'm thinking of. Thanks Miracles.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
zeta - The only one I can think of is "I Know What You Did Last Summer" with Jennifer Love Hewitt. That it?
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
The fisherman's hat and hook reminds me of a movie I once saw... Just can't remember. Anyone?

Thanks, zeta.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Rook,

Thank you for enlightening me. The method that I heard about, was to draw the pentagram around oneself, lighting the candles at the correct places, to keep evil out. I had never heard of the pentagram to summon/attract spirits.

It just goes to show, how little I really know about these things!
Thank you Rook, for educating me. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Fergie,

There are two ways I am most familiar with about how to use a pentagram, I'm sure there are more but these are the ones I know best...

1st: The 'summoner' draws one and stands inside 'the circle' for protection from what is being 'summoned'. The drawback to this method is this... If the summoner looses control then the 'entity' is not 'contained' and has the possibility of escaping.

2nd: (And IMO the safer method) The summoner draws one and summons the 'entity' into the pentagram itself. The circle then contains the 'entity' and protects the summoner.

I hope that helps a bit.

Respectfully,

Rook
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Helter-skelter,

I am most probably going to show how naive & ignorant I am; I always thought, that a pentagram was for protection... Along with the correct ritual. 😕
Have I been living with the wrong assumption for over 50 years?

Thank you for sharing
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
I agree with rook regarding pentagram. But, I feel that you have the sensitivity to experience/view spirits. That probably could be one of the answers. One more probability is that your room might have some residual haunting. That could be it. Are you still in the same house? Did you try to investigate about the history by making enquiries to some one nearby or neighbourhood.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Nice narration.

Regards,

SDS

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: