You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New Hope Mysteries

Real Ghost Stories

New Hope Mysteries

 

My family owned a home in New Hope, Pennsylvania, a little historical town just outside of New Jersey. The home sat on top of a very steep hill on over two acres of property. The previous owners of the home were elderly relatives of my father's parents. Just one year before my family purchased the property, the owners of the home passed away unexpectedly.

After we had purchased the home, we had spent many nights and holidays at the house and experienced no paranormal activity. Early April of 2010, my fiance and I found out that we were expecting a child but weren't quite ready to inform our families. So, we packed a few clothes and decided to head to the home to spend the weekend.

When we arrived to the house, we got settled in, turned the TV on and decided to have some dinner. We figured we would have a home-cooked meal, so my fiance headed to the food store and I stayed at the home and continued to watch TV. Within 10 minutes of him leaving, I was laying on the couch and all of the sudden I hear a door close and a couple of footsteps. I instantly got freaked out and called my fiance practically in tears, begging him to be as quick as possible.

Later on that night, we were getting ready for bed and noticed the house was too hot. So my fiance went down to the basement to turn the AC on and I laid in bed. As I was laying in bed, out of nowhere I hear music start playing. Although it was very faint 50's music, it creeped me out. When my fiance returned, he asked, "Were you playing music?" and at that moment I knew I wasn't going crazy. Needless to say that night I did not get very good sleep. I felt as though I was being watched.

After that day of all the paranormal activity, I did not return back to the home. However, we were the only ones to have and share a paranormal experience at the house. We ended up selling the house just last year. I still, and will always, think about that day wondering if maybe my relatives were giving me some sign or letting me know they are still there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jessfoxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheena (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
could someone help me its about two dreams I had last night fist one is I was in a forest and it was dark and out of no where surrounding me was ghost and demonds they were talking but I could not hear them and the deamonds started to shraggle me that all I could remeber, and the next one was my son is two years and I'm my dream he was talking to someone and my son told me how the man say he comeing to kill his famliy plese help...
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
I agree with Isandhu that it was likely phantom noise and residual energy. Just goes to show that even if you "know" whose residual energy you're experiencing (these were your relatives after all) that it doesn't make it any less creepy.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
Sounds like it could well have been phantom noise, which is not necessarily associated with an actual presence, just some residual energy. I don't blame you for being creeped out, but I hope you didn't sell low just to get rid of the place. I used to experience phantom noise in my house when I was a teen, but haven't noticed it in particular in recent years. I'm a big scaredy cat, but once I got used to it and realized it was harmless I got over it (mostly - I still feel uneasy home alone after dark, but that's just me).
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
Hey Jess,
I live about a half hour down river road from New Hope, and have spent a lot of time in that town. I have spent a few nights at the Logan Inn, which has a haunted past. May I ask, was this house close to the River, or further back away? I suspect, the River may play a part in creating spirit activity in a lot of these old homes... I enjoyed reading your account.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: