You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Singing Girl In White Dress

Real Ghost Stories

Singing Girl In White Dress

 

This is the second story that I'm uploading to the website. If you have read my fist story you would know I'm not open to these kinds of experiences most of the time, and I have only seen ghosts two times. Also, you would know that my grandmother was very intuitive and she would talk to my deceased grandfather at times during her dreams.

This story is closely related to my grandma, during the time that she and my grandfather were still alive. During the time that this story happened, I was in my twenties already, while in my first story I was much younger.

I was at her house having dinner that day. She lived in an apartment with only one floor, with a large living area that closes into the bedroom area. All the bedrooms are connected to this one hallway. If you picture a corridor in your mind, you would imagine the bathroom behind you, the exit to the living room at the far right and both bedrooms to the left.

I was carrying some towels to the washing machine in the living area and I was walking through that corridor. My grandmother and grandfather were already sleeping in their beds. In my grandma's bedroom there is a big mirror on the opposite side of the door, this mirror being visible from the outside.

When I passed through the corridor, I saw with the corner of my eye what must have been a ghost. She was small black girl in a white dress, with her eyes closed, sleeping by my grandfather's side. I noticed it with the corner of my eye, and when I went to take a closer look she was gone. She was on the side of the bed opposite to the door, so I saw her through the reflection on the mirror. As on my first experience, she appeared completely human and not translucent/transparent etc. I did not feel cold or hear anything neither. At this moment, I just dismissed as being product of my creative mind and followed along with my duties.

After leaving the towels, I came back through the same corridor and I saw the exact same girl again, in the exact same way. Again, when I went to take a closer look she disappeared. For the rest of the night I would watch the mirror closely every time I went through the corridor. I did not see the girl again.

The next day, I talked to my grandmother about what I saw. She looked at me as if she already knew something, and said "Well, that explains it." I asked, "Explained what?" She said that for the past month, during three or four nights, her husband (my grandfather) would complain about her singing during the night. He would say "Honey, stop singing. I can't sleep." And she would reply, "Honey, I am not singing." "Well, someone is." After she heard my story, she assumed it was the small girl who was singing and that for some reason she was wandering around the house. We talked about what to do next, and we figured it would be best if we could try and talk to the girl to, because the singing was an annoyance. I did not stay to see what my grandmother did to solve the problem, but I never saw the small black girl again, and my grandmother said the singing had stopped.

This is my only story about ghosts besides the other one, and I hope you liked it. I would like to know if anyone can give me more information about why some ghosts hang around longer. If you have any information or you just want to ask me a question, please feel free to comment. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by fullname_01

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fullname_01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tsukihime (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
The soul hang around longer because they have unfinished bussiness or desires at the living world... It could be hatred, revenged, love, duty or responsibility... Many else...:D well since I am kind of face this kind of of thing every single day of my life... -___-||| oh well...~ I hope it help though...~:D
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-03)
that's a really cool story. Have you ever tried to find the history of the house? Or maybe some about your grandfather's childhood. Maybe the ghost was attach to him?\
GIRLIE ❤
JBarum (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-02)
Maybe the little girl is comforted by your grandparents, as she likes to sleep next to your grandpa.
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-02)
I would love to know what your grandmother discovered about the singing girl! If your grandmother was sensitive she likely attracted spirits into her home.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: